PDA

View Full Version : Am I geared enough for 25 TOC or 10/25 TOGC?

SinnerAvarice
12-03-2009, 09:11 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Mylittlepwni)

I've tanked 10 TOC and done full clear, minimal deaths, no wipes. I've tanked the first 3 bosses of 25 TOC (Northrend Beasts, Jaraxxus, Faction Champs).

My guild says that I still need more gear for 25 TOC and 10/25 TOGC, but I figure I should be able to tank it. I certainly have the threat for it.

Viridios
12-03-2009, 09:42 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Mylittlepwni)

I've tanked 10 TOC and done full clear, minimal deaths, no wipes. I've tanked the first 3 bosses of 25 TOC (Northrend Beasts, Jaraxxus, Faction Champs).

My guild says that I still need more gear for 25 TOC and 10/25 TOGC, but I figure I should be able to tank it. I certainly have the threat for it.

I'm not 100% certain about Paladins, but I'd say your health is a little low to be main tank on Anub (in ToGC for sure, possibly in 25). He has a stunning attack, so you don't get to dodge/parry/block a hit [or two?]. If you don't get serious [20k] heals fast enough and got hit right before the stun, it's a wipe. It's not possible to absolutely mitigate every single stun, so that causes issues.

Off tank, you can probably do in 25n. This depends on the strategy; the adds hit hard after you get 2-3 of them up, but some guilds don't let them stack that high.

Twins, you can almost undoubtedly tank 10 or 25 normal, and probably 10 Heroic as well. Compared to the other bosses, they just don't hit very hard. I don't think I've ever died before the healers do, except of course during enrages.

SinnerAvarice
12-03-2009, 09:52 AM
Damn. The only reason I ask is because our current tank can't hold aggro off some of the better warlocks in the raids. I can pull 12k raid-buffed threat, so I figured it would probably be better to have me as the main-tank, even though he has around 39k unbuffed (DK, 39 self-buffed, technically, I guess)

Hmmm. Would it make any difference if I said my raid-buffed health was just under 50k?

saranna
12-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Its possibly its a warlock issue too, there isn't a warlock in my guild that can't pull off a tank at will. Part of "playing lock" is watching threat and timing out shatters.

Sinister6
12-03-2009, 10:00 AM
I also think your HP is a bit too low for the beast and anub's spike damage. those two hit like a truck even yourself and your casters poping CDs...

gabbu
12-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Hmmm. Would it make any difference if I said my raid-buffed health was just under 50k?

Its not all about health, you armor and avoidance is a bit low for 25 ToC and ToGC. There are tons of upgrades in 10 man and triumph emblems for you.

I am sure with a competent group you will do fine in ToC 25 and ToGC 10 but I would wait to get more gear before stepping into ToGC 25.

Warlocks pulling threat is not a new issue (I play a warlock too), both your warlock and the tank have to manage that.

Hope this clarifies and 3.3 will help those trigger happy warlocks.

Bung
12-03-2009, 10:08 AM
I have to agree with above postings. A few more drops from Toc10/Ony10/Ony25/Voa25 and some purchases with triumph badges and you will be ready for toc25 and Togc10. I know you're not a warrior, but I always vig a warlock. They are aggromaniacs. If your other tank is a warrior have em do that.

SinnerAvarice
12-03-2009, 10:17 AM
Well! Thanks for the honest opinion! I guess I'll do my dailies, my Onyxes, and start looking up gear upgrades.

Viridios
12-03-2009, 04:03 PM
Its possibly its a warlock issue too, there isn't a warlock in my guild that can't pull off a tank at will. Part of "playing lock" is watching threat and timing out shatters.

Yeah, pretty much this.

My alt is a warlock, geared in early U25 / 3.0 gear [primarily]. Now, it was near top of the line back then, but now it's kinda lackluster.

If I'm not careful, I *still* pull off of tanks at the start of fights and during relatively early bloodlusts. I've had to shatter on Anub'arak, Onyxia and Sartharion, despite the tanks for all three being in much better gear than I am.

Basically, if the DPS is pulling Anub off of the tank - it's their fault.