PDA

View Full Version : Gemming, enchanting and Talents

Jompalaya
12-03-2009, 07:38 AM
H

I would like an opinion to what gems, enchants and talents would improve my tank. I have low hitrating, but the gear that WoW delivers gives me an awful amount of hitrating. I have tried programs like Simcraft and Rawr to see what upgrades I should use. I got expertise+stam gems as suggestion. So I traded one stam gem for pne pure expertise to match up abit. Still I could change my def+dodge gem to Expertise/stam to get Expertise up to 26. Still my hitrating suffers badly.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Halls&n=Jompalaya)

Thx in advance

Kazeyonoma
12-03-2009, 09:26 AM
1) Wrong forum, Armory lookups and generic character based advice goes in the HALP forums. So you didn't read the rules... Read them.

2) There's several threads around talking about hit rating, and veneretio talks about it in his podcasts as well. It's not that big of a deal, if your rotation is tight, and there's no specific NEED for hit such as interrupting a crucial spell, then you'll be fine.

Moved.

drae
12-03-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi!

After looking at your armory, I can offer the following suggestions:
1. Enchant your cloak with +225 armor. It's a far greater return then defense as EH is king atm.
2. Gloves, belt, and boots, change those hybrid gems to straight stam, only sokcet bonus' of 9+ stam are worth trying to muscle socket bonus'.
3. Don't use fervor of the frost born, Black Heart is better, again EH is king atm. Black heart may lower your Gearscore, but it's more survivability, hands down.
4. Change your shoulder enchant to the PvP one, again 300 HP is greater then Avoidance.
5. Enchant health or +10 stats to your chest. Again EH > Avoidance.
6. Find more Expertise. Don't worry about your hit rating so much, if it gets really low you can always glyph taunt. Personally I use the Towering monstrosity and feverish dedication and headplate of honorbound for some really high Expertise, I only use t9 shoulders and gloves for expertise and 2pc. I bought the legs and helm t9 and never use them.
7. Get imp heroic strike instead of Ironwill! It will save you a ton of rage!
8. I would pass on anger management and put that point in Focused rage, then you'd have the exact same spec as me!
9. I would equip a devastate and shieldwall glyph, and look at taunt (if your hit rating is low), vigilance (if tps is problematic, even in aoe), or keep that blocking.

Drae (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&n=Drae) <- my armory.

Hope that helps!

Bodasafa
12-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi!
6. Find more Expertise. Don't worry about your hit rating so much, if it gets really low you can always glyph taunt. Personally I use the Towering monstrosity and feverish dedication and headplate of honorbound for some really high Expertise, I only use t9 shoulders and gloves for expertise and 2pc. I bought the legs and helm t9 and never use them.

I feel the same exact way.

I started working to 4pc got the legs and then realized that getting the helm would be a waste. The legs sit in my bags and never get equipped. More Expertise = less chance of parry gibs = less OMG how did I die? I think with the 3 above mentioned non tier items Im at 49 expertise skill.

I also found for Glyphs using Taunt/Blocking/Vig is a great combo.

I don't think I have had a missed taunt since picking up the Taunt Glyph (which is critically important on 25 man Beasts Heroic) and since we have practically no hit on our gear it makes good sense IMO. I also use hit food and use a hit hybrid gem in the Honorbound Helm since I only lose 30 hp by doing so.

Blocking is mitigation and almost always up if you are hitting shield slam on CD and S&B procs.

Vig is great for if you have a really awesome DPS'er that is geared to the teeth and skilled. Helps you on threat and allows them to do more damage, in turn helping your entire raid team defeat the encounter that much quicker.