PDA

View Full Version : Need help refining my spec (DK, Blood)

MGSnake
12-03-2009, 04:28 AM
With patch 3.3 due out soon, I want to make sure i'm as prepared as possible for the new IC Citadel raid. With that in mind, im a bit unsure about the spec I currently use. So far it has served me well through ToC25, but my main concern is threat seems a little low. not to the point of losing aggro, but it gets a bit close sometimes.

Armoury link

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Krazek)

With Frost presence im sitting at 40.2K HP, fully raid buffed its just over 50k.

I feel my survivability in raids has been good, but I'd like a bit more threat.

Problems

Vendetta - Seemed like a good idea at the time, but I now realize how useless it is.

Imp rune Tap - I really like this talent a lot, but I see many DK tanks that dont take it. It heals for so much I cant understand why? I am careful to avoid "overhealing" with it.

Dark Conviction + Bloody Vengeance - I see the majority of Blood tanks take these, is it a "must have" talent?

Sorry for the long post, I just wanted to provide as much info as I could. :D

Thanks for your suggestions!

PS: In terms of gear I am trying to replace the brewfest trinkets with the ToC25 stam trinket, and will be getting the Frost emblem stam trinket as soon as possible after 3.3 goes live.

motoucle
12-03-2009, 08:03 AM
We are quite evenly geared even though we have only 2 commune items (not on topic but it amused me)

Now as spec what can i say from my experience. In Totgc MOB and Rune tap are mostly overhealing so you can pass them. Ditch the spell deflection, it s useless.
You dont have dark conviction and bloody vengeance, that s a big threat loss. Epidemic also eases up the rotation.

So basically you have 7 wasted points (mob, IRT, and UH command :confused: ) you could use in much better places. Dark conviction, bloody vengeance and epidemic are the first coming to mind.

Take a look either at the blood guide here on tank spot or the ones on EJ. Those are very good and take all the "mandatory talents" and if you want flavour you can tweak from there