PDA

View Full Version : True story...

Doc309
12-02-2009, 06:17 PM
so i was in Dalaran, starting my daily runs... I saw in trade, "LFM TOC10 link achievement and GS"
i chuckled and because of my post in the general forum, i decided to look him up. He had only picked up the the ToC10 achievement 3 days ago. I called him out. "don't try to sound like a badass, you only got the achievement 3 days ago, you wouldn't qualify for your own raid 4 days ago."
He replied "OK, LFM ToC10, link GS"...
i went about my dailies... when i got back to Dalaran, i saw the same guy posting in trade, "LFM ToC10 must know fights". i replied "wow no GS now.."
he pst me "want to heal?"
i replied "just know a couple of fights, reading up on the rest." He said" that's ok, want to heal?"
i then joined a guildie to 3 man reg Guldrak...

Doc

PvtCaboose
12-02-2009, 06:46 PM
The same thing happend to me the other day, I was looking for a run to do something really. I looked in trade "LFM ToC 25 must be geared, checking at South Bank" so I headed over there I need gear out of ToC so I thought I might as well, before he had taken a look at me I looked at him and he was still in mostly blues and was wearing a couple greens. So I said in trade "You are still in green and blues and you want to lead a 25 ToC?" He was looking for a naxx run an hour later.

Tomes
12-02-2009, 08:02 PM
No offense but ppl need to stop assuming that undergeared toons = nubs...

.....actually ppl need to stop assuming altogether. True, that guy could have just been some egotistical jerk looking to be carried, but he also could have been an experienced player gearing an alt and in a guild where most other members are saved due to guild raids... dont know less you ask?
Have been in Naxx/Ulduar/ToC raids led by undergeared ppl on alts that what they lacked in gear they made up for in skill and knowledge of what the hell they were doing.
With the inclusion of ToC a lot of 'nubs' are now gearing up and passing themselves off as geared players. The new rating with GS doesnt help much either, its a Tool, not Rule...

That imo anyways... dont bite me xD

vine
12-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I agree gear does no determine skill - especially with all the badge gear available - but it's hard to judge someone's skill without a reference. I was in a pug ToC25 recently on my alt-alt Rogue and I was coming in the top 3 dps. If you saw the lame gear I was wearing you'd understand how shocked I was. Some people are just bad players, but you wont find out until you raid with them.

derangedhermit
12-03-2009, 09:17 AM
No offense but ppl need to stop assuming that undergeared toons = nubs...

.....actually ppl need to stop assuming altogether. True, that guy could have just been some egotistical jerk looking to be carried, but he also could have been an experienced player gearing an alt and in a guild where most other members are saved due to guild raids... dont know less you ask?

True but usually those don't change their requirements when called out.

PvtCaboose
12-03-2009, 09:49 AM
I believe that skill is greater than gear. But gear will eventually top out and you will need more to do better, I will raid with someone in blues and greens in naxx without a problem. But I will not raid with someone in blues and greens in ToC. Skill or no skill, you lack the appropriate dps in order for us to be successful, let alone you will probably be one shot by something because your health is low.