PDA

View Full Version : Prot War, Regalia choice!

Setsa
12-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Hey,

I just got a regalia tonight for a 258 tier.

Not sure what piece to take.... gloves/shoulders/helm.

Im not extremely familiar with the upcoming patch and what it has to offer early on as possible upgrades. Id like to choose the piece least likely to be upgraded first in ICC.

Heres my armory!

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Rexxar&n=Setsa)

Rominoodle
12-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Totally not helpful post but...Holy F*ck you are beast. /bowdown

Setsa
12-06-2009, 12:46 AM
Heh,

Went with the gloves.

First pair of gloves in ICC are 3 weeks in iirc. Shoulders/Helm are sooner.

Aggathon
12-06-2009, 01:10 AM
Heh,

Went with the gloves.

First pair of gloves in ICC are 3 weeks in iirc. Shoulders/Helm are sooner.

That's what I did, the same upgrade between the gloves and the shoulders is about even, but gloves gives like barely more avoidance or something like that, it's marginally better, but still barely better. Also I didn't have to buy a new shoulder enchant that way =P

Some of the things in your armory confuse me though.

Setsa
12-06-2009, 01:29 PM
Such as?

Aggathon
12-06-2009, 07:31 PM
well neither of your prot specs have deep wounds (though the 2nd spec is clearly an anub tanking spec), instead in your primary one you choose 5% crit, which is obviously a threat choice yet deep wounds yields more threat. You use 22 agi to cloak, even though 16 defense is more avoidance and 225 armor is better than either of them. You also hit a +6 stam bonus with a hit gem. I mean the gearing things aren't anything major, just odd choices imo. Also mongoose is only really that great for threat, blade warding is more avoidance and blood draining is more ehp, for warriors the uptime for mongoose is just too low, esp after the agi nerf.