PDA

View Full Version : Druid Tank - More Stam or Agi/Dodge?

Femputer
12-01-2009, 11:48 AM
Just looking for some Gem advice :)

Here is my current armory link

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Azgalor&n=Femputer)

What do you think? I have a ton of +30 stam gems... but I am thinking I should be looking at more dodge instead?

Any advice would be wonderful. I've tanked just about everything shy of ToC25, but want to see where I can improve. (other than the obvious gear upgrades.)

Thanks!

Fem

Insahnity
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
This should probably in the HALP! forum. Admins, please move us.

Everything looks in order from a gemming perspective. Bears need both agi and stam, but due to diminishing returns on dodge, your best bang for buck in terms of survival is to gem for stamina, stopping only for agility or stamina socket bonuses.

If you want to nitpick...

-Helm could use a agi/stam gem, for a bit more Stam.
-You can afford to lose the socket bonus on the chest, 16 AP is not much to be excited about. Specifically, if you want to squeeze out a little extra stam, you can go with a 30 stam instead of hit/stam, or the alternative is to keep the socket bonus and go with a Nightmare Tear. It's so damn powerful (especially for druids), you are only allowed one (unique-equipped). It gives 10 stam, 10 agi and 10 Strength (which is ~26+ AP with BoK).

Note, you do NOT need a yellow gem for metagem activation, with at least 2 agi/stam gems you are covered.

For glyphing
-Glyph of Mangle is kinda useless; Mangle is a great threat move for bears, so you want to be using it as much as possible. I'd switch to another survival glyph, like Survival Instincts.
**Note -> Glyphed Frenzied Regen + Glyphed Survival Instinct + MooCowBear = Win.
-For minor, you might get more utility from Challenging Roar than aquatic form.

Darksend
12-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Replace all of those hit/stam gems with 30 stam gems.

replace the agi/stam gems in your gloves and boots with 30 stams.

replace the 20 agi in your helm with a 10 agi/15 stam.

your spec also needs a lot of work. 5/5 furor is wasted points. should probably drop imp mangle also and get master shapeshifter.

get si glyph instead of mangle and challenging roar for aquatic form as said above.

Insahnity
12-01-2009, 12:51 PM
As a side note, I would make your weapon a top priority in terms of replacement.

Femputer
12-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Great advice and thank you! I'll make some changes tonight.

And my weapon is definitely a top priority - hoping in the next 2-3 TOC25's I catch a break. Running it friday night so we'll see what drops.

re-glyphing is something I always forget about and I didn't even think about dropping Mangle. Will do that asap.

As far as my spec, Brutal impact has seemed tempting, but I feel like it's too situational to pick up. But the Furor point is taken and I'll see where I can re-allot some points.

Thanks again for the advice, and yes if this should be in the help forums, please move me over! :D

Fem