PDA

View Full Version : can i make a bear?

bait
12-01-2009, 08:57 AM
I want to make a bear off spec on my druid. I tanked all thru BC with a bear but it never seemed to be a glamorous job. -"wheres the tank? A BEAR! /sigh"- When wrath came out out I got back into playin and not looking forward to having to prove myself everytime I pugged Bait was born. Now I am everyones tank and when I wanna play heals/dps on my druid I get 5 min for the group to find a tank before I am told to quit being silly and jump on my warr and lets get going.

Skip all that. Pointless! sorry.

The whole negligated importance on defence rating gear has me confused. I read I put in Agi stam>.< Could I get a quick you need (x) def rating to run heroics please. And if you could throw in a ~(y) stat and a (z) stat would be great. I am reading I swear. And the druid bear guide is great, thanx. But I can wear dps gear?? really?? I am so lost...:(

Solithaira
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM
Your post is greatly confusing, but I'll try and help.

Bear tanks don't need/have a defense cap. The entire point of said cap was to render the tank un-crittable. Bears can achieve this via the talent "Survival of the Fittest". As such there is no reason to stack defense, and agi/stam becoming you primary tanking stats.

To answer your second point, yes technically you wear leather DPS pieces. As bears are the only leather wearing tanks, it would make no sense for blizzard to itemize gear specifically for bears - so you get to share w/ rogues. You will however gem/enchant for stamina and survivability.

Lastly, to run Heroics (other than ToC) I'd say get about 25k HP unless you have a really good healer.

Darksend
12-01-2009, 11:51 AM
WOTLK Feral Druid Guide - TankSpot (http://www.tankspot.com/article.php?id=113807)

Survival of the Fittest: Increases all attributes by 2/4/6%, reduces the chance you'll be critically hit by melee attacks by 2/4/6%, and increases your armor contribution from cloth and leather items in bear form and dire bear form by 11/22/33%.

Comment:
Correct, you do not need defense to be immune to crit from bosses with this talent maxed. Updated for 3.1 to reflect the armor reduction.

bait
12-01-2009, 01:47 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Quel%27dorei&n=Domfook)

well thats the best i could come up with on short notice. Hope that looks close. Thanks so much for the help. Now let's go try it!

And wow Dark, I totally missed that. Yeah, that would have totally answered my question in that regrard.:rolleyes:

Sylvaneart
12-01-2009, 02:00 PM
Anything Dark says about bears do it and you will be fine.