PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready to tank Ulduar 10?

lhlee96
11-29-2009, 08:07 AM
New Level 80 here.

I was wondering if all my specs and gear are good enough to tank Ulduar 10.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Aman%27Thul&n=Arthrynn)

^ Link to Armory to check out gear, glyphs and talent stuff

Are my glyphs and talents all right? I know my gear isn't exactly great, but I'm working on getting the Conquest helm and chest.

Any weapon advice as well? I'm currently using Sword of Justice but I'm hoping to get Death's Bite in the future.

As for my rotation, I was wondering if there is a more effective rotation. Here's mine below:

Icy Touch -> Plague Strike -> (usually followed with Pestilence and Blood Boil if I'm against a mob), 2 Blood Strikes -> Obliterate -> Howling Blast and I'll Frost Strike the remaining rune power away.

Speaking of Frost Strike, can anyone come up with a macro in which it will automatically Rune Strike if I have sufficient runic power, but Frost Strike if I don't?

Last but not least, here are my important stats:

Def: 549
Dodge: 22/06%
Parry: 16.76%
UB HP: 30k
Agility: 134
Str: 818

Swam
11-29-2009, 08:13 AM
short answer, yes
long answer. probably. I notice you have 6 points in 1 handed weapon skills and use a 2 handed wep. Thats a no no.
Other than that your spec is ok. also there are still a lot of upgrades you can get from badges so keep on that while you head into ulduar.

lhlee96
11-29-2009, 08:51 AM
short answer, yes
long answer. probably. I notice you have 6 points in 1 handed weapon skills and use a 2 handed wep. Thats a no no.
Other than that your spec is ok. also there are still a lot of upgrades you can get from badges so keep on that while you head into ulduar.

Can you give me any advice on where I should relocate those six points?

Thanks!

Swam
11-29-2009, 08:58 AM
sure thing. I would take 2 and get 2 handed wep specialization
scent of blood, Deathchill and acclimation are all good choices for the rest.
personially I would get DC and acc.

lhlee96
11-29-2009, 09:06 AM
sure thing. I would take 2 and get 2 handed wep specialization
scent of blood, Deathchill and acclimation are all good choices for the rest.
personially I would get DC and acc.

I wouldn't be able to continue further down the line if I remove Nerves of Cold Steel. Should I invest a point in Icy Talons, Icy Reach, Lichborne or Runic Power Mastery?

Swam
11-29-2009, 09:14 AM
I would go icy talons, personially i dont use that but I use 1 handers so I didnt think about that.

Death Golem
11-29-2009, 09:26 AM
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0xrZhtxzA0Iof0buuAo0xh:oadMVm)

there's talents and glyphs i suggest and use...

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&n=Deathgolem)

that's my armory...

as for the rune strike macro, as far as i know, the only rune strike macro i know is

#showtooltip plague strike
/cast plague strike
/cast !rune strike

obviously, change plague strike for every other ability you want to have rune strike linked to...

as for a weapon: get either Titansteel Destroyer or Edge of Ruin, they're both good starter weapons, and you can get them the following ways: Titansteel Destroyer is crafted by Blacksmiths, and is normally about 1200 gold, though it may or may not cost less if you just buy the mats. Edge of Ruin is looted from Heroic Trail of the Champion, and is more DPS oriented, but it'd be better then your current weapon.

Rotation suggestions: your single target rotation is perfect, except i don't understand why/how Howling Blast is there, and how you have the runes for it, your mob rotation can use some work. i use DnD, icy touch, plague strike, then pestilence...

as for tanking ulduar, i don't think you're quite ready for it, i'd get full epics before getting into raids other then naxx (10 or 25, doesn't matter) ony 10, or Eye of Eternity..

hope this helps :)

tankeroshie
11-29-2009, 06:25 PM
ooops..

AxLxExX
11-29-2009, 08:12 PM
If you're still in blues I wouldn't step into mid level content. Get full 200/213's and the move onto the next tier of raiding.

Swam
11-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Ignorance! Ulduar can be cleared with nothing but blues! The gear is a lie! Counting someone out just because of gear is poppycock. On my Priest I was in 10 TOC the day I hit 80. We cleared it with one wipe on Twins due to someone standing on the portal. If you have a good group to run with He has more than enough gear to be in ulduar. If you have to pug it your gear is passable.

Hurmeli
11-29-2009, 11:49 PM
It's funny, but Toc 5 and Ulduar 10 both drop same Item Level gear, 213. Emblem of Conquest gear from dalaran is Item Level 226. Considering if you're talking about Ulduar 10 you're overgearing the place by the time you have all the emblem gear and there'll be preciously little to gain except from hard modes or in the form of weapons and trinkets.

Rominoodle
11-30-2009, 08:12 AM
Ignorance! Ulduar can be cleared with nothing but blues! The gear is a lie! Counting someone out just because of gear is poppycock. On my Priest I was in 10 TOC the day I hit 80. We cleared it with one wipe on Twins due to someone standing on the portal. If you have a good group to run with He has more than enough gear to be in ulduar. If you have to pug it your gear is passable.

/agree with 99% of this statement. Only part I disagree with is the very last part. Maybe it's just me and my server, but most pugs expect their tank to be the most geared and epic amazingsauce person on the planet and want to be wand or autoshot their way to more gear. I don't know a whole hell of alot about DK tanking, but you are defense capped, have pretty good avoidance, and are probably around 36-38k hp raid buffed which for uld 10 normal is more then enough. The only thing that would worry me is your hit rating being a little on the low side. It's not terribad, but I would up that just a little bit if I were you.