PDA

View Full Version : Prot Warrior- Returning after 6 months, everything feels wrong.

Blyndone
11-28-2009, 09:49 PM
Armory -> http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Janissary&gn=Dragoons (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&cn=Janissary&gn=Dragoons)

About a month ago i returned to wow after about a 6 month break. Since i have come back, everything has seemed to feel off. Healers are not able to keep me up. Dps is pulling aggro. I feel like something is wrong.

I know that my gear is for the most part outdated, but i am working on it. (have mats for sword breakers, and 30 triumph probably going to get t9 gloves) I am not doing anything higher than toc10, and i have been told that i have the stats for it. Likewise, i know that i can optimize my gear a bit further, but it will be a marginal difference. And that marginal difference i dont think will be the difference between me going down and not. Like, if its just that im in over my head, thats fine, but i would like an opinion on if you guys think it my (gears) fault that i feel so squishy.

As for aggro, it again could be my gear. I dont think that my threat rotation is horrible, but i still am being chased very close by some of the dps.

What do you guys think? Is my gear that bad that i should be having these kinds of problems?

Thanks everyone.

Aggathon
11-28-2009, 10:01 PM
For the most part your gemming/enchanting is fine, I'd suggest the following changes:

Regem the other gem in your chest to 30 stam also (unless you are going to make breastplate of the white knight, in which case put all +30 stam gems in that when you get it)

Enchant your cloak with 225 armor

Enchant your gloves with 240 armor

I prefer Tuskarr's Vitality to boots, but your call I guess.

Put 10expertise/15 stam in your gloves, or 10agi/stam or 10dodge/stam.

I'd also suggest getting indestructible plate girdle and spiked death dealers made. The mats aren't too bad (at least not as bad as the bracers/chest).

The main issue I think though is your spec.
I'd suggest the following: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo:drTozm)

Deep wounds is a must for threat. If you need more, glyph devastate and vigilance.

Edit: OOH! Totally forgot: Trinket! Get rid of the ony talisman and pick up either essence of gossimir or glyph of indominability.

Dreadski
11-29-2009, 06:57 AM
Aside from what's mentioned above, which has been common practice for the better part of a year now, I'd have this to say: Nothing has changed in the last 6 months to make you more squishy or to hinder your threat output. Your defensive stance now only reduces your damage done by 5% down from 10% and your Devastate ability now does nearly double the damage. The only thing I can think of at this point is maybe you're not picking it up in the manner you should be, or maybe you've been doing it wrong all along.

Tengenstein
11-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Neither hit capped, nor expertise softcapped; thats gonna hurt your threat output a fair whack.

Aggathon
11-29-2009, 10:36 PM
in my EHP gear I have 60 hit and 36 expertise. Don't sweat it. Keep your shield slam rotation tonight, and you should be alright.

Blyndone
12-01-2009, 08:49 AM
UPDATE:
Well I upgraded to the Sword Breakers, and t9 Gloves. I did voa 10 last night, and my threat was much better. The change in spec i think helped a lot, as did me making sure that i was HSing on close to every possible swing. I am like 29 Hit rating from the cap, so i am very close.

Sitting at about 34K unbuffed, and survival in voa was not a problem. So i am feeling a good bit better, and hopefully will be ready for at least the 5man icecrown dungeons in a couple weeks.