PDA

View Full Version : New to tanking Need some advice

Deadly2469
11-28-2009, 08:28 PM
Fairly new to tanking mostly run DPS and a duel specced elemental/resto shaman..

Here is my link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shandris&n=Sisterhannah)

Looking for suggestions on gear and what I could replace and if I have a pretty good start.. Kinda lost at this tanking thing but have an open mind to my options and mostly looking for alittle guidance.. Thank you all for your time.. :)

Tengenstein
11-28-2009, 09:03 PM
I'm a warrior, and so don't know much about pally tanking.

that said, i don't think pallies need 2 points in Spiritual Attunement (apparently 1 is sufficiant for most fights), and Reckoning isn't a great talent (3 points is all you need to go further in the tree so thats all i see taken fairly often). 3 points in Divinity aren't entirely necassary either.

however maxing out Improved devotion Aura probably is a good idea. you need at least 1 point in Improved Judgemnts in the ret tree, which allows the 6969 rotation which is key to pally threat. so you need 5 points in the first tier of Ret (and all of them should go in Deflection). Vindcation and Pursuit of Justice in Ret are also rather nice talents for tanking , Heart of the Crusader is often a good filler for getting down that far in ret in addition to a second point in Imp. Judgments, and putting a single point in Conviction, and three in Crusade should net you a 4~7% increase in damge( and threat).

I hear Glyph of Divine Plea is rather good for tanking

Main thing though is to get lvl 80, and farm HCs for emblems, emblem gear is rather nice, polish off the rest with toc5 and toc5HC gear