PDA

View Full Version : Question about tanking mechanics and HP

sxejix
11-28-2009, 08:24 PM
Hello I am new to this forum so i am not sure If I put this in the right section or not If I didnt then I guess you will have to move it but on to the subject.
I have 30667 or around there unbuffed hp a 4.3k gearscore 547 defense rating dodge:19.25% parry:19.84% block:23.32% hit rating:218
I can do great tanking on 1 or 2 mobs but when im aoe tanking I will sometimes have one wonder off to a dps what I do is charge in shockwave thunderclap spam cleave while tab targeting other mobs hitting shield slam bash devestate and revenge hitting thundercap every time its off cooldown but It just seems like its not enough and wethers its the dps not attacking the main target im attacking (possibly because im not marking the targets) but one will sometimes wonder off and thats not all I get turned down to 25 mans such as nax and ony and totc because of my hp is only 30622 and gear score 4.3k Im am just looking for some overall tanking tips that will help me become the best I can be my gear is moderate and my skills are ok but I just seem to be tanking at a very low par my wow armory is herehttp://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Smolderthorn&n=Sxejix I also have glyph of blocking and glyph of devaste and cleave cant remember other minor glyphs off hand because im on a different computer without WoW downloaded on it.all tips apprciated and im sure theres tons of topics about tanking migtiation and aoe tanking but I just wanted to start a new one since I have read all theothers ones and want a responce face to face from another viable tank.Thankyou Sxejix.

Kubz
11-28-2009, 08:28 PM
That is one hella long sentence.

Aggathon
11-28-2009, 08:29 PM
periods and paragraphs are good things, but generally your strat for picking up multiple targets seems good. I would suggest maybe marking target priorities so you can focus the majority of your threat on one target that all the dps are attacking so they don't pull random aggro off of other mobs.

sxejix
11-29-2009, 05:14 AM
Sorry about that huge long run on sentence I was just trying to get subject out on the table.And thankyou I will start marking mobs.

Crommi
11-29-2009, 08:42 AM
It's probably enough to just mark the first target and get some idea what targets your dps seems to pick first. When pugging, it usually goes largemob->healers->casters->basic melee types->small mobs.

Oh and ignore gearscores and such, they serve no other purpose than being another form of e-peen meters.

Durandro
11-29-2009, 09:37 AM
I'd go for the healers first, to be honest. Don't want them healing the big mobs!

manbearpig
11-29-2009, 10:30 AM
When u charge in, dont start with shockwave, use thunderclap and make sure it hits every mob, then when u have nice amount of rage u can shockwave em all and start cleaving. Addon like aloft which shows in health bars when u have enough threat or are losing aggro helps alot.

sxejix
11-30-2009, 11:23 PM
Thankyou for reminding me manbearpig I was gonna pick that one up but forgot untill now till you said somthing,and thankyou all who posted.

Astemus
12-01-2009, 08:09 AM
I usually just watch health bars and attack the one falling the fastest. As long as you're tanking correctly and mostly focusing on the mobs the DPS are attacking you shouldn't have many issues with multiple mobs.

BTW, you may wish to proofread your posts, and post your questions in the correct forum. There is a whole forum for help questions.

Kazeyonoma
12-01-2009, 11:47 AM
Moved to Halp, forums.

You have the power to edit your own posts. do so and make it not so blocky and fix the links.