PDA

View Full Version : Omen of Clarity

vidihawk
11-27-2009, 12:24 AM
Is it really very necessary? GC mentioned in a blue post a couple months ago that it was "almost required for any viable Feral tank build" (para).

However, I have never suffered for rage without it. Even with trying it, though my rage was more plentiful, I didn't find anything really improved. My DPS suffered and I actually lost threat easier.

I'll grant that my playstyle may have accounted for this, but... I guess I just need to know if it's 'necessary'.

geros
11-27-2009, 05:16 AM
if you do nothing but bear tank with the build in 10/25 man raids that hit hard then it isn't necessary. If you ever swap to catform in the raid or you do heroics it becomes a lot stronger ability.

Darksend
11-27-2009, 09:55 AM
It is one point, there is one very specific build where 1 point will make or break the spec, otherwise most of the time the things you can gain are either 3 points or none.

for reference Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0ZEMGscMzceocczVkbAc0b) is that spec, you cannot get imp mangle if you get omen.

Quinafoi
11-27-2009, 10:39 AM
For a caster, clearcasting spells do not count towards casting as far as mana regen is concerned so not only do you gain the benefit of the free spell but also the potential for additional regeneration you wouldn't have otherwise. For a feral it does depend more on your role. A pure tank feral may be able to get by without if they have sufficient rage generation without it. It is however a very good talen for off tanking when rage doesn't come as easily, the occassional free cast helps. Since a bear generates rage when dodging, they tend to not have the same rage starving issues of a warrior as avoidance gets high. For a cat druid this talent is very valuable because everytime you get a free ability, you don't have to wait for your energy to regen.

This talent is in general just taken by any spec because it is quite useful regardless, however, a bear that isn't having rage or threat issues would be the first spec to drop it.

dinorlondi
11-29-2009, 03:34 AM
as a tank its better for when your first starting and have a low crit and low dodge but as they go up your rage gen will too also it can help if your off tank all the time just there in case the mt drops or your second on threat to take the hatefulls or whatever so basically by the time your full raid epic'd out you can drop it and not have any problems