PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions EST PvP server?

Athros
11-26-2009, 11:28 PM
I am planning on coming back to WoW after exams are over. I plan on starting fresh on a new server. I will be rolling a druid(not sure what faction) with plans to be resto/kitty when 80. I will most likely transfer(and faction change if needed) my warrior(main for a good 3 years now) at a later date.

Reasoning is that i just need something new. Whether it be new people and/or faction, but class is a must. I love my warrior, but I just need a change.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a EST PvP server(or with most guilds on an est raid schedule) that has a good population of quality casual guilds (nights per week) and more importantly a overall quality group of people. Because any server with those will more then likely have at least one "hardcore" guild if I want to get back into that.

squats
11-26-2009, 11:32 PM
wowprogress.com
warcrafter.net

Best internet resources you can use to look for a guild/server

Athros
11-26-2009, 11:35 PM
I have looked around wowprogress a little bit, not sure how accurate the numbers as far as alliance/horde ratio and population are. As well as its hard to judge a guild by just dates they downed bosses alone. I will have to check out warcrafter though.

squats
11-26-2009, 11:39 PM
the alliance/horde ratios are based on the guilds that show up there (almost every worth while guild is on there). so they are accurate

Bloodwraith
11-27-2009, 11:12 AM
I'm thinking about coming back to WoW after 3.3 is released and I made myself a spreadsheet for PvP servers with a Medium+ population rating. I'll post pics so you can see the list (work in progress) and maybe get some ideas. I highly suggest doing something along these lines to narrow your choices down to a manageable number.

http://img697.imageshack.us/img697/8549/serverssofar.png

(You'll probably have to click to read)

Athros
11-27-2009, 12:30 PM
That is a very good idea that I never really thought about doing, thank you for showing me that bloodwraith.

One other question I did have would be is wowprogress or warcrafter better as far as US/World rankings and population numbers?

Bloodwraith
11-28-2009, 07:53 AM
That is a very good idea that I never really thought about doing, thank you for showing me that bloodwraith.

One other question I did have would be is wowprogress or warcrafter better as far as US/World rankings and population numbers?

I used wowprogress personally. I also changed the 2k limit to 2.2k+ because that's a bit more exclusive like 4/5 heroic ToC.

squats
11-28-2009, 07:58 AM
warcrafter.net hasnt been updated to ToC so use wowprogress.com

Bloodwraith
11-29-2009, 12:51 PM
I just finished that spreadsheet:

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/80/pvpserversfinal.png

(obviously your latency will be different)

I've come to the sad conclusion that horde is better than alliance.

Just some totals...

Alliance Guilds: 256
Horde Guilds: 377

Alliance 2v2: 491
Horde 2v2: 983

Alliance 3v3: 656
Horde 3v3: 1364

Alliance 5v5: 123
Horde 5v5: 260