PDA

View Full Version : Warrior threat glyphs

physicsgeek42
11-26-2009, 03:35 AM
Hi all, I'm a warrior tank, and I have a question. I'm finding that, with my current gear level, it's quite easy for some dps (like hunters who didn't keybind misdirect...) to pull off of me. As well, I'm finding Last Stand to be a less than ideal survivability glyph. Thus, I'm switching one of my glyph slots to a threat glyph.

So the question:
In order, what are the best threat glyphs for a protection warrior?

Me: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackrock&n=Lonomi)

If it's not right there, then I'm 15/3/53 deep wounds spec. Currently, I have Blocking, Shield Wall and Devestate as my glyphs. I dropped revenge from my rotation and the points from Imp Revenge into Shield Spec. In particular, I'm wondering if I'd be better off with the Vigilance glyph, and if those 2 "floater" points in the protection tree are best spent in gag order, shield specialization, focused rage or improved revenge.

Thanks for your advice!

squats
11-26-2009, 03:42 AM
If it's not right there, then I'm 15/3/53 deep wounds spec. Currently, I have Blocking, Shield Wall and Devestate as my glyphs. I dropped revenge from my rotation and the points from Imp Revenge into Shield Spec. In particular, I'm wondering if I'd be better off with the Vigilance glyph, and if those 2 "floater" points in the protection tree are best spent in gag order, shield specialization, focused rage or improved revenge.

Thanks for your advice!

What the.... WHY?! revenge is your highest threat move under shield slam you NEED to use it AND spec into imp revenge.

And yes, gag order.. you need this anyway. Damage = Threat, if you need to have sheild wall specced then drop focused rage.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZVItrx0didczsGo:dbAMmz
this is what i would suggest

physicsgeek42
11-30-2009, 04:35 PM
Thank you, I changed my spec around and started using revenge again, and it really helps. I saw the advice to remove revenge on another forum here, wish I could remember it now.

Thaak
11-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Thank you, I changed my spec around and started using revenge again, and it really helps. I saw the advice to remove revenge on another forum here, wish I could remember it now.

I believe I know what you're referring to and if so, you took it out of context. There was/is a debate about revenge versus devastate IF you were wearing 2pc t8 2pc t9, i.e. getting 10% devastate crit and 5% devastate damage. If i remember correctly the conclusion, was with those bonuses, gylphed devastate comes out higher for TPS but revenge still comes out on top for DPS. Could be wrong, but that is what i remember the math working out to be.

Bigzoman18
12-01-2009, 12:13 PM
"I As well, I'm finding Last Stand to be a less than ideal survivability glyph. Thus, I'm switching one of my glyph slots to a threat glyph."

I personally find glyph of last stand to be a lifesaver especially when im tanking harder Hitting Bossess. (Anub'Arak, Gormak, etc)