PDA

View Full Version : Prot warrior MT or Prot pally ToGC 10

DimetrisDoA
11-26-2009, 12:20 AM
With my guild progressing into ToGC 10, I let a Paladin MT but we've struggled and so I started to MT instead, i believe i'm a better option, but im just here to help the guild.

the paladin's armory is The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Snaomehs)

my armory is http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eldre%27Thalas&n=Dimetris but i have black heart and brewfest trinks, along with furnace stone.

Which would you choose as MT?

motoucle
11-26-2009, 03:10 AM
Hi there,

From what i am seeing you are about evenly geared so it shouldn't really make a difference (im not really agreeing on the "general" consensus that pallies are waaaay over the rest). It s just a manner of small advantages of a class in a specific fight :

NB- doesnt really matter
Lord J : war on boss as he can interrupt himself, pally on adds
FC- doesnt really matter though you as a war could start it by last stand-> charge-> fear to buy some moments
twins- doesnt matter
Anub- i d put the pally on the burrowers as he can solo interrupt them, plus he has BOF to easy move on the ice.

Mert
11-26-2009, 03:22 AM
To be honest the real answer to any question like this is usually "whichever of you is the better tank". Having said that, there are probably some general rules on the different fights that might help:

Gormok has no MT or OT - you're both getting Impaled just the same as each other. Likewise the Worms - most guilds take Acidmaw down but both tanks have an equally valuable part to play in this fight. As for Icehowl, we usually just have a threat fight for him, it doesn't really make much difference.

For Jaraxxus, it probably makes sense to put the Warrior on the boss and the Paladin on the adds, simply for the fact that the Warrior has better interrupt options for those times when all of the DPS are off taking down portals or volcanos.

Faction Champions doesn't really have an MT and OT and you may both want to stay Prot to help keep the enemy melee occupied. Prot Warriors excel at keeping them out of the fight and generally making things hard for them - Paladins have fewer options here generally but a high-EH cleansebot can do wonders. Raid Wall when they cast Bloodlust is also very handy.

Twin Val'kyr - again, you're b oth the same as each other. Be prepared to blow cooldowns when the other tank's guy bubbles but that applies to both tanks equally.

As for Anub and who takes the adds, it's quite simple - whichever of you has the best block set and can get closest to passive unhittability whilst wearing it should be on the adds.

The short version is that there really isn't an "MT" or an "OT" in most fights in TotGC so it doesn't really matter outside of a couple of mechanics and both tanks should be able to fill both roles well enough in my opinion.