PDA

View Full Version : Warrior: Any Advice?

Solemn
11-25-2009, 03:12 PM
So this Warrior is an alt project of mine. I initially made him to always make sure we had a tank online for our raids (We always seemed to have 1 offline, making it hard to do any 10mans or alt type stuff)

After awhile I started to realize I actually enjoy tanking more than my DPS Shaman, so I am wanting to switch my Warrior to my main and try to tank on a more permanent basis for my guild.

I am wondering if there is any advice on anything that you guys can help me with. I believe I have done my homework, but I want to make sure I am correct before asking my GM to make to switch.

All of my current upgrades are from ToGC10 (Besides a Trophy from ToC25), and my guild has not yet progressed into ToGC25 yet, so upgrades from there aren't really an option.

Again, any advice at all is helpful.

My Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Echo+Isles&n=Solemn)

Inaoe
11-25-2009, 03:29 PM
Imo, nothing to criticize gearwise. Personally I would change cloak enchant to 225 armor and weapon to blood draining, but this is mostly personal preference, I think.

Solemn
11-25-2009, 03:44 PM
Imo, nothing to criticize gearwise. Personally I would change cloak enchant to 225 armor and weapon to blood draining, but this is mostly personal preference, I think.

I have thought about changing the cloak, but like you said personal preference. I don't like an Enchant (No matter how strong for some fights) that does nothing for you in other (Magic Based) fights.

While 22 AGI might not be large, it does do something for you in every situation, regardless of the type of damage coming in.

But yeah.. maybe I will switch, will have to test it out.

And Blood Draining, I actually did have it on my Weapon not... 4 ... days ago. I just didn't like it. Again, personal preference. My style is more proactive than reactive, and Blood Draining doesn't quite fit in with that.

Thanks for the reply.

Aggathon
11-25-2009, 04:23 PM
I have thought about changing the cloak, but like you said personal preference. I don't like an Enchant (No matter how strong for some fights) that does nothing for you in other (Magic Based) fights.

While 22 AGI might not be large, it does do something for you in every situation, regardless of the type of damage coming in.

But yeah.. maybe I will switch, will have to test it out.

And Blood Draining, I actually did have it on my Weapon not... 4 ... days ago. I just didn't like it. Again, personal preference. My style or more proactive than reactive, and Blood Draining doesn't quite fit in with that.

Thanks for the reply.

There is currently no fight that warriors tank that is all magic damage. 225 Armor helps in every fight, especially in the ones that you really need to survive. It is a surprisingly large amount of EHP. Furthermore, after the AGI nerf, the miss+dodge+parry from 16 defense is actually more avoidance than 22 agi, the only difference being that agi also gives a small amount of armor and some crit. I HIGHLY suggest 225 armor to cloak.

As far as weapon enchants go:
Mongoose is actually less raw avoidance than bladewarding for warriors. B/c of SoV for paladins the uptime for mongoose is higher than for warriors, but for warriors it is low enough and post agi nerf insignificant enough that bladeward is actually calculated to be a higher uptime and more avoidance. However, bladeward also doesn't have the added crit and armor, so that does bring in some added benefit to mongoose. Blood Draining is a smart heal when you need it, the only reactive thing warriors can get, so I would highly recommend it. Not saying you have to change, but these are just things you should definitely consider.

I would also recommend 240 armor to gloves instead of 18 stam, but you may want to run the EHP calculations yourself, however 18 stam is applicable to both physical and magical, so the armor can be situational (as already talked about), however I would still prefer it. I'm engineering though so I get the 885 armor to glove enchant.

The next 2 things are optional: I'd put another 30 stam gem in your chest and 18 stam on your shield, but that comes down to personal preferrence, based on your last comments I'm guessing you won't change that.

Spec is flawless. I'd recommend a glyph of last stand somewhere though, but all that is situational. I actually carry around stacks of different glyphs and switch them out as needed.

Overall though it looks very very good, the cloak enchant is the only things I really have bones with, and my personal preferrence on the weapon has always been not mongoose, but it's not a HUGE deal.