them: no more melee
me : k np can tank or OT if needed 30k Unbuffed 549 Def
them : sorry dont think ur gear is good enough

So i do the usual link achiv bla bla bla
an explain that i know tacts inside out etc

15 mins later he is spamming me /w cos he cant find any tanks for it
i politley declined :P

had a guildy who was healing it an apparantly it was an utter wipefest:P

Im all for gearscore it does have a use, but you should also have the brain to know when ur talking to someone who knows what they are doing.

An why is it people never ask what ur avoidance is like.!

Ulosthegame
11-25-2009, 10:17 AM
Trade: LFM ony 10
me: ill come dps bout 3.5k arms warr
them: no more melee
me : k np can tank or OT if needed 30k Unbuffed 549 Def
them : sorry dont think ur gear is good enough

So i do the usual link achiv bla bla bla
an explain that i know tacts inside out etc

15 mins later he is spamming me /w cos he cant find any tanks for it
i politley declined :P

had a guildy who was healing it an apparantly it was an utter wipefest:P

Im all for gearscore it does have a use, but you should also have the brain to know when ur talking to someone who knows what they are doing.

An why is it people never ask what ur avoidance is like.!

Because avoidance isn't factored into effective health. and generally avoidance is ~45-60%

Synapse
11-25-2009, 10:19 AM
Not if your tank is a tard that enchants for resilience.

And, anyway, avoidance IS an important stat. Say what you want that unavoidable damage ignores avoidance, most damage taken in most fights can be avoided. Healers do feel the difference between a tank that takes 4 out of 10 hits and a tank that takes 6 out of 10 hits.

Ulosthegame
11-25-2009, 10:20 AM

The 30 stam shoulder enchant is the best one? unless you REALLY need that defense and dodge.

EDIT: Not if your tank is a tard that gems for defense.

Insahnity
11-25-2009, 10:32 AM
The 30 stam shoulder enchant is the best one? unless you REALLY need that defense and dodge.

EDIT: Not if your tank is a tard that gems for defense.

EDIT: Not if your tank is a tard that gems for defense when over Def cap AND is not doing H Anub 25...

Blanket statements = bad.

Synapse
11-25-2009, 10:35 AM
Is it too much of a dream to hope context can be included on the tardy adjectives...

woodyman
11-26-2009, 04:25 AM
hmmm cant think what id rather have a perfectly gemmed tank or one that knows the instance and tacts hard choice.....lol

PvtCaboose
11-26-2009, 06:04 AM
I've been declined because I'm not at 30k hp to do Ony, I'm at 29564 and usually tank better than the tanks with better gear than me.

Strit
11-26-2009, 06:14 AM
I've got 32K unbuffed health and I got kicked from a Ony10 PUG. True I have never done it before, but nobody wants me there, how should I get the achievement, so I can just link it next time?

Martial
11-26-2009, 06:17 AM
The only thing i could recommend bro is join a guild that runs ony. Guild runs are far far better anyway tbh..

derangedhermit
11-26-2009, 06:43 AM
Or just get an achievement faker addon. (Bonus points if you put a date in the future as having completed the achievement and they don't notice)

Of course that if you manage to wipe the raid because you have no clue about what you're supposed to be doing it will probably work against you in the future.

Tagmonkey
11-26-2009, 08:57 AM
I often find myself pugging the Heroic Daily on off-nights and advertise in trade: Holy/Prot Paladin LFG H Daily.

I'll get invited to a now-full group. I always ask "do you want me Prot or Holy?", but I don't always get an answer. I start flying to the instance and go AFK for a minute or two. After waiting for a second at the stone and summoning everyone (lazy asses) we get going. Once we're all there I take a look at everyone's gear/spec out of curiosity, it's something I always do.

Well, we don't have any tank or healing specced people in the group aside from myself, so I assume someone is dual specced. Okay... "Who's healing?", "u are". "Ok, who's tanking?", "u are".

They actually were under the impression that since I advertised as Prot/Holy I was able to both tank and heal myself through the instance. Probably possible, but not something I was willing to put the un-needed effort in to.

Arterius
11-26-2009, 09:37 PM
It was late at night and I was really tired, but decided to join a pug for a reg SP run on my ~60 Mage alt the other day. One of the people in the group was a 71 Hunter. He showed up to the instance PVP flagged. Out of nowhere this Horde druid comes and starts beating on him. The Druid is listed as ???, obviously an 80 though(had 40k + HP in bear form)....

Me(as I'm running into the instance): everyone run into instance to be safe
huntard dies
Huntard: WTF y u leave me alone w/ him
Me: why are you trying to fight a lvl 80?

no response. Instead he resses and...proceeds to fight the Druid again. ><

Me(clearly agitated at this point, like I said it was pretty late at night): why the f... are you attacking him?
Huntard: i kno ur not cussing at me
Me: Who the f... else would I curse at?
Huntard: STFU u dumb b... ho (insert more random swear words)
Me: Stop dying and wasting our time
Huntard: at least im tryina fight this guy not runnin away like a p... b... coward(more random swear words etc.)
Me: Why the f... would I attack him and get myself killed?
Huntard: oh thats rite ur a lil lvl 62 b.... scrub lol i could prob whip ur a.. in a duel maybe you should work your a.. off to lvl like me
Me: Because leveling is serious business amirite?

By this point he shut his mouth and finally entered SP with the rest of us. Funny thing is I did more total damage than he did in the run as Frost spec. I was gunna link the meter too but after our 4th wipe on that one group of trash that fears before the last boss I decided to hearth/log.

---

Here's another one. This was a few months back, Emalon was only a couple of weeks or so old. I decide to get a pug going for 25m VoA. I told people that if we wiped due to low DPS I would kick the lowest DPS-ers. So after about two or three wipes I looked at my recount and saw a Warrior doing about 1.3k, worse than both tanks. He also died on the very first Lightning Nova every time. He promptly got the boot...

Scrub: WTF
Me: I said I would be kicking the lowest DPS
Scrub: i was dead
Me: Thats a shame.
Scrub: i wasnt even lowest dps wtf watever keep wiping nub
Scrub: (links 25m Emalon kill achievement)
Me: Grats on getting carried.
*scrub has ignored you*

We bring in a couple replacement DPS and end up one shotting it. F..ing fail pugs. SMH.

Martial
11-27-2009, 05:39 AM
Ah, words fail to portray the feelings experienced when in a stoopid pugged raid. The comedy, the frustration, the strange feeling that you've just joined a group of trained chimps who, through an experimental accident, can also speak..though finish sentance with Z. Am i right? course i Issszz

I now pug with a late night raid group (once the kids have gone to bed and the tards medication has taken hold). this normally works well

Rominoodle
12-01-2009, 09:53 AM
I've got one that was interestingly funny. Scenario: H CoS timed run, me 32k unbuffed hp at the time, guildie healer, and 3 pug dps.

<Insert Long Boring Arthas and Luther Speech>
DK: I want the zombiefest achievement
Me: Ok, we have to do it after 4th boss this is timed run
DK: No we dont
Me: umm..yeah we do
*Kill First Boss*
DK: I'm going for it
Me: have fun
*dk runs off and dies*
DK: Rez me
Me: Can't...in battle (priest healer so no brez)
DK: u are all noobs /release /graveyard rez /hearth

...sigh

defence
12-05-2009, 12:54 AM
Nothing can beat this though...a priest meleeing in gnomer.

Of course, it's forgivable because you're learning the class. Still...she had an 80 dk

Doc309
12-05-2009, 02:22 PM
well i just had GREAT pug on my healer.

group accepted a wipe. two healed ony 10 with 2 MT heals, disc priest (me) and pally.
the RL was willing to take suggestions. ie " need more ranged for air phase"

and no one bailed after the one and only wipe. once me and other healer got healing team down.. it was a piece of cake. all i had to do was say put beacon on MT, take OT, and we'll both cover raid....

guess what?
NO ONE TOOK A FLAME BREATH....

PuGs can sometimes be EPIC...

Doc.

not the most elegant.

Warwench
12-05-2009, 02:49 PM
joined a VOA10 pug today, they needed a MT. I get there, we get ready to go and they mark the MT (me) and an OT (a DK).

another DK pipes up, "hey, umm i was told I was tanking, i dont have a DPS spec, or DPS gear".

I say " fine with me, i'll DPS".. raid leader says "all tanks to me, i want to compare your gearscore".

I said "yeah guys I have a policy on gearscore, if that is how you are deciding who tanks, I'll catchas later. Gearscore doesnt tell you if someone knows how to tank or not" and dropped group.

about 20 mins later I get a tell "yeah that DK had no clue, you were lucky to bail"

lol

so now, any mention of gearscore, and I will bail. My time is limited enough and everytime i have seen gearscore come up, the group has been utter fail.

Swam
12-05-2009, 03:01 PM
One of my favorites.
After a wipe in heroic 5 toc on my prot warrior I decided to check the meters to see what went wrong. The dps was ok, tabed to healing meters. to my surprise, I had 61% of heals done. Thats right, my prot warrior out healed a holy pally. I still have no idea how.
Guess that's why we wiped, I couldn't heal myself enough.

defence
12-10-2009, 02:15 PM
This happened last Sunday

I started running a heroic ToC. 2 Dks, one mage, me (warrior tank) and a holy pally. We do the horse race, and then we had the rogue, the shamman, and the mage. Usual policy of mine, when I have 2 melee dps or more, is to take out either the rogue or the warrior (or both if they're in the group) first. And so I charge the rogue. Rogue's life never drops because shamman keeps healing him. I eventually die, and so does the group. Healer leaves because I put a wrong kill order (yeah, it's debatable to kill shamman first, but meh)

We find a shamman to heal for us. We try again, and down the boss. Shamman says that dps is low. I didn't put omen on, so I checked out the dps gear of the players. DK had rep, reg dungeon and crafting *tanking* gear, and second dk had PvP gear. Conversation went as followed.

Me: Why are you wearing a tanking set?
DK 1: This isn't a tanking set
/facepalm
I start linking his gear to party; the wymrest accord chest and back, some 187 wrist, and some 187 shoulder
Me: Defense rating gear is tanking gear
DK 1: I'm here in ToC to get a better set
Me: But why don't you have a dps gear on?
DK 1: I don't have any other gear, I'm a fresh 80
/facepalm again
Me: Fresh 80's go to heroic Nexus, UK, DTK and the like, not ToC
DK 1: I have done Nexus
/facepalm again
Me: and why are you wearing pvp gear
DK 2: This is the only gear I have
At this point mage starts the second round, and pulls out the other group. After I handled the aggro chaos
Me: Don't do that
Mage: They don't have any other gear. Let's just get it over with.
We wipe on the woman who summons the random guys. I leave group

Valquirie
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
@defence:
Sadly, I have seen that - DK1's case particularly - happen so often, especially when I am on my hunter (63, at the moment).
PvP gear can be acceptable, depending on quality, but PvE gear is preferred.

. . .the woman who summons the random guys. . .
I find your description of Argent Confessor Paletress amusing. :-)

defence
12-15-2009, 06:19 AM
Well, at lv 63 Death Knights are starting to learn to play their roles. At lv 80 most DK should know the difference between tanking, pvp and dps gear.

I'm just so lucky the new lfg system fixes a lot of these problems for us

As for the description of Argent Confessor Paletress, I usually just call her a b***h because there is more grounds for wipe with her around

Dragonpally
12-17-2009, 12:57 AM
One time I was pug dps for a naxx raid and the leader explined the loot rules a good 2 times and what not so we down a a few wings then this one boss dropped an item I wanted for myself and so i rolled like everyone else (mt roll) then out of nowhere this spreist comes and rolls tying mine.
events that followed:
me: really? you cant use that its mail
sp: so i want it give it to me!
rl: dude no way you can't use it you know that
sp: well fine then F#$%# %^& /leaves /runs out to a mob and dies
raid downs the mob
sp: stayed to watch us wipe but then we downed the mob and relases and logs.
rl: well that guy was on the short bus....

Needless to say we stayed away from him everytime we could and we were able to replace and finsh it.

Swam
12-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Weekly raid this week was os. Guy was spamming in trade chat for people so I joined up. When 8 ppl were in the raid (still needed 2 tanks) he says in chat, "hey guys, where is the entrance to this one?" within about 4 seconds 5 ppl had left the raid.

woodyman
12-17-2009, 07:00 AM
loool love the where is the entrance fail!!

toc 10 last night guild run but 1 dps short so we pug a mage
he says : ill come
i say : what sort of dps u pullings
He says: 5k

i invite him after first phase he is pullin 1.5k an when he gets a snowbold on him he runs straight out of range of everyone and dies. loool
we asked him politely to leave

Thegreatme
12-17-2009, 07:14 AM
setting: pug naxx 25, on saph

/wipe
Raidleader calls out some resto druid for being especially bad
Druid: look I understand that I messed up but there is no reason to try and hurt my feelings over it, there are nicer ways of telling people to not mess up"
Me: HAY GUYS I AM REALLY SENSITIVE AND DON'T LIKE IT WHEN PEOPLE SAY MEAN THINGS ABOUT ME ON THE INTERNET SO COULD YOU GO EASY ON ME PLEASE?
Druid has left the raid

People tell me that I can be rather abrasive... I think they are lying though.

Setting:H HoL
me and my tank friend pugging heroics, our goal is to clear each instance in 15 minutes (to coincide with the LFG timer)
holy priest was at like half mana
Priest: mana
Me: your fine
tank keeps pulling
Priest: f...ing stop for mana
tank keeps pulling
once we kill the last mob before the second boss
Tank: you have 5 seconds to get mana
priest: no, wait.
tank pulls exactly 5 seconds later
priest has left the group

Martial
12-18-2009, 03:05 AM
*We're in Toc 5man hc. A friend of mine is tanking and a warrior aggro whore is puggin dps*

My friend (over vent): Man this guy so wants to be a tank, he's aggro whoring like mad
Me: and he's standing in that green crap making no attempting move out of it. I'll heal him a couple of times but if he doesnt move, i'm letting him die
*Warrior dies*
Warrior: Wtf!! Want to give me healz?!!
Me: How about i give you advice...dont stand in green shit and not expect to die, dont try and taunt the one of the mobs away from the tank and dont use the letter z on the end of your sentences.
*Warrior says nothing and we get to the end of the instance*
Me: Watch this, he's gonna select Need on everything
My friend: He is as well, the nasty little &*^%
*We also select need and the warrior goes away with nothing*

You gotta love pugs! :D

Fusik
12-18-2009, 08:08 AM
Last night we were doing TOC25 PUG, and we had a dps set out to work. Not a huge deal he was lower on the chart, anyways we are setting up the faction champs and explaining it all in vent for kill order and such, and BOOOM the faction champs were pulled? Everyone was like wtf, who was the idiot that pulled. The OT started laughing and said some druid name Southpaw pulled. He asked who that was and didn't see them in raid. We explained that was the guy who left, probably dc'ed in the instance, and when he relogged in somehow triggered the encounter not in the raid group.

Safe to say we all had a good laugh. Personally I didn't know that could happen.

Vorla
12-20-2009, 11:44 AM
I was gonna do my daily random heroic quick and easy on my toons, and saved my shaman until last, cause I had some guildies coming in. So we get three guild DPS and me as the healer, and hopefully we find a decent tank quickly.

Bam! CoS. A bit disappointed because you can't chainpull it like you can chainpull say, HoL, but still a fast heroic which was supposed to fit my schedule straight off.

We quickly realize we won't make the timed event, cause two of our DPS are pretty new level 80's and score around what we all scored a year ago when we first did the heroics, and the tank seems to be a bit miffed about this and grumbles and generally tells people to not pull aggro (if their DPS is so sucky, how can they pull aggro you ask? I DONT KNOW.) and only attack one mob at a time. Round here I start having bad feelings about this dude, and when he again criticizes the DPS right before Fleshcrafter I tell him he should concentrate on his job and leave our job to us. After Fleshcrafter, this little gem of a conversation takes place:

Tard Tank: Your DPS sucks, we'll never make timed.
Me: Listen, you didn't even bother to pick up the adds that he spawns.
TT: They are not worth to use my aggro attacks on, best use them on boss.
Me: Have you ever played a class that has cast-time spells?
TT: No.
Me: Well, that explains it. Have you ever heard about pushback?
TT: No.
Me: Well, it's when a mob hits you and you lose casting time, meaning that for example warlock DPS spells and my healing spells take longer to land, plus we need healing.
TT: DPS shouldn't pull aggro.
Me: Well, no, but if their DPS was so sucky, how could they? You didn't even generate any threat at all on them, not exactly helping us out, but rather, acting like an egoistical prick. As you may or may not know, healing generates aggro too, and they went straight for me.
TT: lol just kill them
Me: ... they have 8k hp, I can't burst through that while healing you cause you don't even reach the def minimum!
TT: Complete and utter silence until: Se below

So in the end we ended up votekicking him and finished the run with a guild tank. I had to spamheal him to keep him up on normal trash pulls - his gear was decent but he couldn't tank for shit so he had one or more mobs constantly wailing on his back without bothering to try and reposition.

Wars
12-20-2009, 11:49 AM
TT: They are not worth to use my aggro attacks on, best use them on boss.

Bwaahahaha. Worth it right there.

Swam
12-20-2009, 11:57 AM
got a pug dk last night named mettallica. As a joke I told him because of his name he would get no heals. He started mouthing off and insulting me so... he got no heals. He died on every boss and half the trash pulls. Nobody else died and by the end he was pretty pissed off.

Arterius
12-20-2009, 11:02 PM
I was doing the random heroic daily on my DK alt and got Forge of Souls. The run was going fine until right after we killed Bronjahm.

Healer: BRB
~30 seconds go by
Tank: OMG WTF hurry up.
~another 30 or so seconds go by
Healer: back
Healer: Okay calm the f... down
Tank(while beginning to pull): i gotta go soon

despite having to go soon, the tank decides to pull skipable trash.

Healer: WTF if you have to go why are you pulling this group?
Tank: uhhm cuz i f...ing want to?
Healer: You are retarded.
Tank: lol you must be a b... in real life to be a jerk in game bet you get bullied in school
Healer: Not really I'm 6'4 and 225 lbs. and could probably beat you up

More random insults go on, but oddly enough we actually manage to clear the instance with no wipes and no deaths and in pretty decent time. o.O

Martial
12-24-2009, 03:45 AM
Looked for a hc dungeon group as a healer, found grp and teleported to UK

Me: Hey guys, just in shadow-spec. give me 30secs to respec and mana up
*Pala Tank pulls first mob*
Me: hey bro, i'm in shadow..give me a sec or you'd better heal yourself
*he chain pulls another mob and does that full hp trick pala's do
Me: you do realise i cant respec while in combat dont you?
*he chain pulls another mob and dies*
Tank: WTF?!? where r my healz?
Me: Can you read? if so, scroll up..
Tank: Focus healer
Me: Can you actually see what i'm writing?
*tank pulls another mob*
Random DPS: yeah heal me too!
-I leave at this point...-

:D

Thegreatme
12-24-2009, 04:48 PM
running CoS with a a guild tank, and healer, my self, a pug dk, and a fail pug boomkin.
after getting inside the one building with the dragonkin

on a side note I would also like to mention that this boomkin was using all mp5 gems.

Tank: So how exactly does a boomkin go about doing 700 DPS
*links damage meter*
(Our alt pally healer was doing 1200 and was beating him by like 2%)
Me: holy pally DPS is OP, nerf plox.
Boomkin: I'm trying to make some guidlies stfu
tank: well if you don't start hitting your buttons a bit more you are going to want to try and get us to stfu.
Boomkin: I do 5-6k normally
Me: that's pretty fancy... I bet I can beat you on the next boss using only auto attacks.
Boomkin: yea sure, ok. to bad you won't
I whisper our pally: if he's beating me when the boss is at 50% DI him.
reply: hahaha ok
when we get to the last trash pack i stop attacking once I hit 100 rage so I don't proc my trinkets.

No DI was needed, I ended up doing I think like 1900 from auto attack (death wish plus trinket procs are fun)
the boomkin did 1100

after linking the damage for that fight, and my ability break down to prove it was just auto attack,
Me: you do know that when you state the DPS that you normally do you aren't supposed to multiply that number by 5, right?
Boomkin: STFU a..hole.
Me: hey now, there is no need for hostility, I was just trying to clarify with you that multiplying the DPS you normally do to make your self sound good is a no no.
boomkin: I already told you I'm trying to make my guild stfu
pally: man they must hate you... it's probably because you are so terrible.
boomkin: f... you
tank: it's ok though, this game is hard.
*boomkin leaves the group*
since we were close enough to the end at this point we just 4 manned the rest of it.

at the end the pug DK thanked us for one of the most entertaining runs he's ever been in.

Arterius
12-25-2009, 11:21 PM
Not really a conversation but the other day in H AN we had a Huntard pulling about 800 DPS. He/she also died jumping down the hole to Anub(think the Shammy popped water walking right beforehand, but was still hillarious)and then ended up getting himself locked out of the Anub fight. Thankfully the other two DPS were doing 3k+. ><

Darlene
12-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Oh I have to join in here! I should have copied what was said... but this was the BEST random we got EVER!!!

I was with 4 friends running HoR and one of our DPS had to drop. So we used the random PUG tool and we got a DK.

WE start the event with all the mobs and end up wiping cause someone DC'd..... so we go to start the event again and this is what the DK PUG from another server says to us...

"Do you guys need me for this trash? I need to go do a number two and I will be back for the boss"

We laughed SOOOOO hard and kicked him from the group. Our ongoing joke now is that we need to leave and take a crap, can the raid group do the trash without us and we will be back in time for the boss ;)

Daryenn
12-26-2009, 12:22 AM
I did a normal UK on the mage that I'm leveling. Group makeup was myself, a tree healer, a DK DPS, a warrior DPS, and a paladin tank. First two-pull:

Paladin tank: okay dk dont dnd

Me: Why?

Paladin tank: becuz dnd is soley a tanking move and it genrates more threat then my concencrate.

DK: whats dnd

The paladin left (he had no idea what was he doing) and was replaced by a DK tank. The DPS DK kept death gripping one mob per pull, though, and we caught him taunting on occasion. The healer asked:

Healer: (DPS DK,) let the tank tank.
Me: Yeah, no need to Death Grip.
DPS DK: yea i'm gonna be a tank
Healer: yes but you're not the tank now.
DPS DK: well ya but i have to practice tanking to get better
Me: Okay, but don't practice by trying to tank mobs when you're not the tank.
DPS DK: shut up l2p

This group finished the instance too.

Swam
12-26-2009, 07:45 AM
Was running AN last night. right as the first boss was almost downed, one of the dps said this:
"tree on fire"
then he left the party.
Merry christmas!

Mctankor
12-26-2009, 10:12 AM

And, anyway, avoidance IS an important stat. Say what you want that unavoidable damage ignores avoidance, most damage taken in most fights can be avoided. Healers do feel the difference between a tank that takes 4 out of 10 hits and a tank that takes 6 out of 10 hits.
Ill take full damage on 2/10 and yes, healers DO love it..

Onetuth
12-26-2009, 02:44 PM
This is a most entertaining thread!
Thankyou for all the stories!

Blue
01-04-2010, 03:19 PM
Randomed H-HoL, with well-geared tank, me as Disc Priest, also well-geared, but still new to healing spec, and three dps that were borderline-geared for Heroics.

Well, the tank starts up, as soon as he is zoned in, with three others not even there yet, and he goes non-stop, with me chasing him and throwing any and everything I can. After third normal trash pull, he pauses, to wait for trinket, or maybe to plan first boss positioning, I don't know. So, I tell him to slow down a bit, as I'm running out of mana, because the dps is undergeared, and trying to keep pace with him (one had already been one-shotted, by a melee mob that he had simply left behind, for us to finish off).

He ignores me, and we take down the boss. I am oom, at this point, and I tell him to stop, for a few seconds, because I know the rest are going to try to jump right in on the exploding ethereals that tank kites to stairs, so will need full mana bar.

He ignores me again, so I did what I never do, as healer. I let him die...

He then somehow gains the ability to use his keyboard to type something, along the lines of, "Wtf, no heals?!"

I reply that he must be trying to solo, since he couldn't be bothered to glance at anything other than his damage meter, his lengthy weapon, and his stopwatch.

He left, and we had to wait for another tank, but it was worth it...

Penlowe
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
I have a macro that says "do that again %t and I'll let you die". ;)

esthera
01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
me and my tank friend pugging heroics, our goal is to clear each instance in 15 minutes (to coincide with the LFG timer)
holy priest was at like half mana
Priest: mana
Me: your fine
tank keeps pulling
Priest: f...ing stop for mana

Ok, do you realize that you acted like the type of player that people are making fun of in here?

Eisen
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
Was running AN last night. right as the first boss was almost downed, one of the dps said this:
"tree on fire"
then he left the party.
Merry christmas!

This wins.

I had a good one the other day. Was doing HoR on my lock. We had a DK tank, was a little stupid about using his abilities but was more or less managing aggro. We beat the first boss, and wave 6 began. Just as it was about to start the tank goes "I'll be back in a few minutes"

Needless to say, in a few minutes we were dead, walked back in, healed up, and kicked the tank.

Mctankor
01-04-2010, 07:04 PM
Ok, do you realize that you acted like the type of player that people are making fun of in here?
Obviously not..

woodyman
01-06-2010, 05:00 AM
"tree on fire"
then he left the party.
Merry christmas!

Definate Win! i actually lol'd IRL :P

i had a healer do a BRB in phase 2 of black knight on toc hc last night.....
its ok mate im sure we will manage phase 3 just fine with no healz! idiot

Rominoodle
01-11-2010, 06:45 AM
So, this one is kinda fun. I am currently leveling one of my alts which at the time was a 74 Destruction warlock. Yes I do know already that destro locks are big time aggro whores, but I do only single target attacks and I'm always focusing the tank so I can burn whatever mob he is one...Anyhow, setting is Old Kingdom with a Druid tank, me, an ice mage, and a dk.

On the first trash pull with the two patrolling spiders, I get really lucky with my crits, cuz I'm only at 16% crit. I pull aggro off the tank, hit shatter and get back to it. Next mob I blow up as well, and my screen flashes for about to get aggro so I stop casting...After this group the tank stops and says

tank: Demon...are you the lock?
me: ...uhmm...yes
tank: STOP CRITTING
me: kay, I unclicked the crit button
tank: kthnx

sad thing was I was pushing 1500 dps, mage was at 700, and DK was a 275. I asked the DK numerous times if he was doing more then icy touch and auto attack but he didn't respond the entire time. le sigh :-)

Eisen
01-11-2010, 04:57 PM
Had a 2h frost DK DPS in H-POS last night that amused me. 78% of his damage was white melee damage. Almost all the rest was his summoned ghoul (no, not a named unholy-specced one, just the 2 minute job)

He used frost strike once, NEVER used howling blast, or IT PS or any other strike. Had a 5k gearscore and did under 1kdps. After the first boss we booted him and 4-manned it. No sense carrying dead weight.

Diablo4372
01-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Alright heres two for you today.

Last night me on my alt 77 Shammy healer. In Gundrak... First words out of tanks mouth " I have never been here"... Oh boy well I see a vigi go out on me and he does have a shield at least he cant be that bad. First pull he grabs the whole snake pit area both sets of mobs and the ones at hte door doesnt pop schockwave or Thunder clap so everything runs straight for me. This is about the point where i get woried we release run back in. This time he only grabs the first two mobs loses agro to the warlock a little but not bad so he proceeds to run into the pit again and grabs both sets in there once again no aoe taunt/abilities nothing. Dead healer. Release run back in we start to tell him only 2-3 snakes at a time dont get ahead of yourself. Make it to the first boss while we wait for me to mana back up since hes a mana sponge i look at his gear.

Well it was all plate. It was a mix of Dps gear and Healer gear with one lucky set of gloves with defense rating on it. I poilietly tell him just as a tip look for gear with Str Stam defense Int/Mp5 Spellpower will do you no good.

He takes it well and asks what do do for this mob and me and the lock talk him through it. and through the rest of the instance was it slower then normal yes did it take some concentration hell yes but like the person earlier stated he needed to learn and we all needed to practice more. Its not like he was the first tank I have ran across that is not defense capped this one really jsut didnt know any better i hope that he gets better and figures it all out I tried to tell him as much as possible with out being pushy.

Heres another with our lovely LFG system now. Join up with my Tank DK for random get stuck with H Nexus. Alright quick and easy I plan on Chain pulling till im dead or Healer oom everything is going pretty well first boss down I see no enchanter so everyone but the Healer hits greed he needs on what ever it was. What ever keep pulling get to Second boss kill her in Record time i might add so this is no scrub group once again Healer hits Need... Im still silent.

Third boss once again champ group Healer Needs..

Me: Seriously your needing on this junk why?
Healer: It's for my off spec
Me: Really your offspec is comming from Heroic Nexus.....
Healer: yep you have a problem with that try to boot me im the healer.
Me: Whatever. ( I look at group though 3 people are at least on his server if not guild didnt look that hard just me and the Dps Shammy not with them. So i drop it.)

4th Boss. Guess what Need again. Dps shammy I guess is silently pissed and didnt notice the whole realm part tries to kick him automaticly vetoed. They start getting on to me I told them that I honestly dont care enough to kick him it wasn't me if he wanted to look like an ass for 20g thats his problem Shammy stated that he started the kick.

I run into Keristrasa's area hit all the balls and begin to pull her just wanting the badges and to leave group. I guess they had voted to kick me out I truely hope that they wiped becuase I had got her pulled before they booted me they truly deserve to pay the 20g repair bill. I gladly went to another group and did a 8 min AN ahhhh so much better.

woodyman
01-15-2010, 03:20 AM
Not so much a Pug Chat
But on Hor hc last night there was me an a pally that do 4-5k dps an a dam good healer so we pug up for a tank an 1 more dps

We get a DK dps
an a DK tank sporting 26K HP!! he was 30k Buffed
We gave it a shot an made it through the 5 waves of trash
but then he got 2 shotted by the boss

how the hell did he get in with that lower gear!

Arterius
01-16-2010, 11:13 PM
I got AK as the daily today. Was kind of in a bad mood as is and after the first boss I noticed the Lock doing about 1000 DPS. Normally I wouldn't really care but the rest of the DPS sucked too so I decided to vote kick but it failed. Pally healer then says "why did we try to vote kick the warlock? he's doing great".

Uhh...:confused: we still ended up clearing the instance(the required bosses anyway)in about 20 minutes but still....lol@1k DPS being considered great.

Swam
01-16-2010, 11:52 PM
Today I had fun with my mage friend. We got a warrior and a lock as the other dps I was tanking. Between me and my friend we had 80% of damage done for the instance. the warrior was doing 550 dps, the lock 800. We still got the timed run.

GŁth
01-17-2010, 02:16 PM
I got AK as the daily today. Was kind of in a bad mood as is and after the first boss I noticed the Lock doing about 1000 DPS. Normally I wouldn't really care but the rest of the DPS sucked too so I decided to vote kick but it failed. Pally healer then says "why did we try to vote kick the warlock? he's doing great".

Uhh...:confused: we still ended up clearing the instance(the required bosses anyway)in about 20 minutes but still....lol@1k DPS being considered great.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/61515-before-you-think-about-kicking-dps-doing-less-than-1k.html

Felycitas
01-18-2010, 02:14 AM
lol Guth, was just about to link to that too :P

Oh.. and to add to the thread..

When I joined a heroic HoR in progress I had the healer go "sigh, another tank in naxx gear >_>" and then they immediately dropped group.

My average item level is 226.. and I've successfully tanked HoR before.

Dreadski
01-18-2010, 11:12 AM
Today I had fun with my mage friend. We got a warrior and a lock as the other dps I was tanking. Between me and my friend we had 80% of damage done for the instance. the warrior was doing 550 dps, the lock 800. We still got the timed run.

Had a similar run last night. Rolled greed on the drake too, since they all passed. Then the DK (600dps, ish) says omglol how did you not have that? Then I linked my achievement from November, 2008. He stopped talking.

Interestingly enough, although I won the roll and "received loot" the item was not in my bag. Interesting bug.

Proletaria
01-18-2010, 11:15 PM
ICC10 pug on my alt yesterday: (mid-encounter on rotface)

RaidLeader: Stop spamming general chat. At least wait until the encounter is over.
Healer: Woops bound my chuck norris joke macro to where flash heal used to be.
*healer has gone offline*
Healer (over vent): Woops, got banned for spamming. Good luck guys.
RaidLeader: ::sigh::

defence
01-19-2010, 05:53 AM
Running H AN. Someone throws down a fest. Healer says "I'm not eating this, I'm muslim." We all lol. After I eat, I put up the table, buff everyone with arcane intellect, and click healer profile to give healer focus magic. I thought he was joking about not eating the feast till I didn't see his food buff

Bashal
01-19-2010, 09:11 AM
I tanked randoms last weekend with my guildies, but were short a DPS. So we just pugged out the last spot.

We kept getting DKs. Sub-1k DPS DKs. The last one was the best.

We got Gundrak. Oh, look! LFG has found us a DK dps. Great.

I start pulling, and as we're going through the instance we're noticing that about the only thing he's doing is dropping DnD and standing around.

We get to the Rhinos with the trolls on them, just before the last boss. While I'm tanking one, the DK death grips it. He's standing pretty far away from me, so it goes sailing down amidst the healer and ranged dps.

<over vent>
Me: He just death gripped that, didn't he?
Guildie: Uh-huh.
Me: Wow. Let him die. Seriously, don't heal him.

So he dies, I taunt it and take back aggro, and we kill it.

<in party chat>
DK: Heals?
Me: Not for death-gripping tards
** DK has been vote-kicked from the group **

PatrikL
01-19-2010, 09:37 AM
Halls of Lightning (me and healer from guild long time ago):

The paly tank seems to lose agro on the mobs marked with skull all the time no matter how much we start slow on it so I focus him to see what he is targeting. As expected he is not on the target he has marked for us but on the second and third.
Ofc I ask him why he is on the wrong target and never on the one he has marked for killing first. Here I thought he might use a very uncommon marking order where skull ISNT first.

His answer: "Its a tank thing, you wouldnt understand"

Mind you I rarely run as dps since its my offspec. I dont normally critisize other tanks for their poor threat generation but during the run several other member of the group had asked him what the problem was so I didnt even bother trying to tell him how wrong that was.

Come up to the last boss and my healer friend asks me to switch over to tank spec/gear so we dont wipe since long run to the last boss and we had already wiped several times when healer over aggroed a mob or two (and after I had been forbidden to use death grip to save him). We down the boss and the paly tank hasnt even noticed what we did :-)

Second story (Well not a story really): Pugged ICC10 when it just came out and the other tank (also DK) was doing crap dps (and ofc crap threat). I hadnt seen many DW tanks before but I was pretty sure I was on to something when I discovered he was a Blood DW tank...

(For those of you not familiar with Dual wielding DK tanks, the talents required are halfway down the frost tree and far from where he had put his points)

Kennris
01-19-2010, 10:50 AM
I got put into a H:HoL already in progress on the random. They had the pulls up Ionar done. The first thing I notice is that I'm running in along side the rest of them, as though they were recovering from a wipe. I ask what happened to their tank and they say he disconnected.

Ionar wasn't so bad, though the rogue just stood in the disperse and died. On one of the pulls with the dwarves who whirlwind and throw arcane bolts (the name of which escape me now), the rogue died. Thought it was odd, but no big deal.

We get to Loken and I ask the paladin healer if she wants to kill him in one place and stand in the nova or to do it the traditional way. She says she prefers for us to stand in the nova. So I engage and before the first nova is done the rogue is dead. Completely inexplicably, the paladin runs into melee and on the second nova both she and the DK die. I end up killing Loken with the mage. At the end of which the paladin says, and I quote...

"Paladin healing is so hard. We only have one spell, so I just have to spam flash heal. It's impossible for me to keep the group up."

Insahnity
01-19-2010, 03:35 PM
lol Guth, was just about to link to that too :P

Oh.. and to add to the thread..

When I joined a heroic HoR in progress I had the healer go "sigh, another tank in naxx gear >_>" and then they immediately dropped group.

My average item level is 226.. and I've successfully tanked HoR before.

Nax25 gear in general is 213. Only KT drops 226 items, and not many at that.

If you average item level is 226, that indicates either ulduar (219 for 10-226 for 25-232 for 25 hard modes). H toc 5 man (219), ToC (232-245), ICC (219 regular, 232 heroics), ony/voa (232-200 10 man, 245-213 25 man)

Interestingly enough, although I won the roll and "received loot" the item was not in my bag. Interesting bug.

Happens all the time for me. Check the corpse, most times its awarded to you but not looted to you until you re-check the corpse.

Arterius
01-19-2010, 10:15 PM
I got into UK today as my random.

Mage: "Art do you wait for mana?"
Me: "As long as healer has enough mana I go."

Mage and the Healer leave. Kind of funny. I hope they enjoyed sitting there waiting 15 minutes while I cleared the instance in that time. -_-