PDA

View Full Version : Figured I'd ask for some advice on my deeps

Wars
11-24-2009, 08:13 PM
I've been switching to do some dps in our hard-mode attempts the last few nights and I wanted to ask if I'm doing anything completely incorrect according to my parses.

Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&n=Warsn)

(This has not been updated since last night, I blew 2200g and chanted/gemmed everything according to Landsoul's spreadsheet for optimal dps).

Logs!:
World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nifqr2kj3bhq38rq/sum/damageDone/)

That is all the attempts last night. I've got pretty terrible weapons for this type of encounter and I'm averaging 4200dps overall last night.

I am weary of one thing:Am I heroic striking too much? Not enough? I've been tanking for 5 years and am very used to spamming heroic strike, so getting it controlled in one night is proving to be a bit more difficult than I anticipated.

All my gems are 20str atm except for a JC 34 expertise gem(to get me 26 expertise), which is going to net me the highest theoretical dps according to the sheet.

Anyone see anything glaringly wrong?

AxLxExX
11-24-2009, 08:18 PM
4200 seems about right. Your weapons as you said aren't that fantastic, but 4k seems pretty alright. Your hit seems kind of low, although I'm not sure what the exact cap is.

Maybe post your rotation? For the HS thing, when I was fury I only hit it when BT WW and insta-Slam weren't available OR I had tons of rage.

Wars
11-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Yeah I'm basically following the fury guide's rotation here as best I can.
IE:
0.00:WW
1.50:BT
3.00: Free GCD(instant slam if available)
Rest of rotation follows basically same priorities of WW>BT>Instant slam(unless .5s left on WW and instant slam is up due to 1 instant slam > 1/16th of WW dmg).

Yeah I'm only HS'n when I have 40+ rage. WTB less suck weapons! :D

MellvarTank
11-25-2009, 09:32 AM
Slam buffs gained - 341
Slam! hits - 116.

Heroic strike hits - 385

BT hits - 307
WW hits - 282

I would say you are heroic striking too much and rage starving yourself. Also, you need to hit those slam procs. <50% isn't really helping you too much. Granted, it is only speculation as I can't tell what your rage generation was like.