PDA

View Full Version : Prot warrior - hit minimum

Kilrum
11-24-2009, 01:36 PM
I have recently been very lucky on drops and finally have a respectable tanking set The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Magtheridon&n=Kilrum).

Unfortunately, I went from well over the hit cap to just above 80.

I have spoken to other tanks, and it seems that not having som much hit is nothing to worry about, but I am concerned that my hit is too low.

With this in mind, what is the bare minimum to have before I have to take drastic measures to bring it up?

Thanks.

Reev
11-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Don't worry about it as long as you're still holding aggro.

Stymie
11-24-2009, 02:06 PM
This Tier of gear is extremely expertise friendly, and not very hit friendly. That's really not a terrible thing, because expertise is a much better stat overall, as you're getting double the value up until the 6.5% reduction point (dodge + parry), and after that, the additional parry reduction is more threat in addition to a decrease in incoming attacks.

The only time Hit really comes into play is with Taunt, which is needed on some current encounters (i.e. Northrend Beasts). If you're that worried about it, just grab the Glyph of Taunt. The Revenge glyph honestly isn't very good, most prot warriors have a "swing" third glyph. I thought about replacing my Glyph of Blocking with a Taunt glyph, as well (I have around 100 hit rating, but 40 expertise myself).

Of course Thunderclap and Demoshout are affected as well, but the situation isn't quite as dire when those miss, and you generally can afford the extra attempt to put them back up. That, and these debuffs are covered from multiple angles in a 25 man raid anyway.

fuddjupp
11-24-2009, 02:09 PM
Hit is not very important. Even with 0 hitrating 92% of your attacks will hit the boss. If you play your warrior in the right way threat should not be any problem, if so you should practise and check your rotation. Sometimes when threat is important you can use a hit trinket but still expertise would give you more threat.
Defeating some harmode encounters relies on taunting succesfully the boss from the other tank. In these cases it is recommended to use a Glyph of Taunt so secure your Taunt doesn't miss the boss.