PDA

View Full Version : Ready to tank ToC10?

Kright
11-23-2009, 12:20 PM
Hey guys,

I've been gearing my Paladin primarily through H ToC and the various heroics, as well as picking up conquest emblem gear. So far I've only raid tanked Naxx10, VoA10 and VoA25, all quite successfully.

Anyway, I'm not in a guild so I'm forced to PuG. I've decided to step and give ToC10 a try now through a pug.

Question is: does my gear look in line enough to begin tanking it?

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Kright)

Thanks in advance!

CatabriOnEarthen
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Gearwise, sure. Put an "enchant" on those legs tho. Since you are a pally you can HoP out of one stack of impales from Gormok. This is pretty close to my gearset stats when we downed NB and Jaraxxus the first time in.

Kright
11-23-2009, 12:38 PM
Put an "enchant" on those legs tho.

Done. I picked the legs up yesterday from Vault and I completely forgot to get Frosthide put on them. =P

kroxix
11-23-2009, 12:42 PM
30k unbuffed, defense capped, 40%+ dodge/parry. I think you would do fine...of course a lot will depend on the rest of your raid (namely the healers and the other tank). Give it a try, imo!

Edit: changed my post...noticed you were using Seal of Vengeance Glyph, which should put you at the expertise cap? I think?

Kright
11-23-2009, 12:45 PM
30k unbuffed, defense capped, 40%+ dodge/parry. You are not expertise capped though (26 or 6.5% is the soft cap to push boss dodges completely off the table), which might be wise to aim for. Other than that, I think you would do fine...of course a lot will depend on the rest of your raid (namely the healers and the other tank).

Once I stick SoC on it bumps me up to 25 expertise. Should do the trick, I think. Aside from that, hopefully I can manage to get a good pug group together. Hopefully. >.<

Rominoodle
11-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Well, all I will say is good luck to you! I hope you have better luck on your server then I do on mine. I have been declined countless times for ToC 10 and I think I am well geared enough. Similar gearset to yours with a few changes and I still get the shaft when it comes to groups. People on my server expect 40k unbuffed tanks and 5 billion SP healers with infinite mana to do ToC 10 in a pug...*sigh*

Kright
11-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Well, all I will say is good luck to you! I hope you have better luck on your server then I do on mine. I have been declined countless times for ToC 10 and I think I am well geared enough. Similar gearset to yours with a few changes and I still get the shaft when it comes to groups. People on my server expect 40k unbuffed tanks and 5 billion SP healers with infinite mana to do ToC 10 in a pug...*sigh*

That's why I tend to put my own together of I can't get into one after a try or two.

Plus I really get tired of them spamming me, "WATS UR GS"

Sigh.

Quinafoi
11-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Plus I really get tired of them spamming me, "WATS UR GS"

Amen. I gain 300 DPS by downgrading two of my tier 9 to tier 8. I like telling people if they really want a higher gear score I'd be happy to do less DPS for them.

Kright
11-23-2009, 05:08 PM
Amen. I gain 300 DPS by downgrading two of my tier 9 to tier 8. I like telling people if they really want a higher gear score I'd be happy to do less DPS for them.

Rofl.

On another note, I successfully tanked the ToC10. Got a new neck, bracers and picked up my T9 shoulders afterwards. We got through with zero wipes, even though the other tank was a little...slow...and the healers weren't too great. Never healed any of the incinerate fleshes off. =|

But that's okay, because it was all kinds of fun. :D