PDA

View Full Version : Been out for 8 months - Help me clean the rust off of my armor! [Prot/War]

titanic
11-23-2009, 08:07 AM
Hey Guys,

So I've been out for a good 8 months (right after 3.1 hit) and I haven't really been keeping up with the patch news etc...

I'd like to get back into tanking, though frankly I'm feeling really rusty. My gear was decent pre 3.1 but I'm not sure where I stand now.

Here's my profile: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Black+Dragonflight&n=Titanic)

Any input on talents and gear-upgrades would be appreciated.

Note: I'm unguilded atm so PUGs and badge/crafted items are best I can hope for.

Cheers! :)

Dirkloogie
11-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Chain Heroics for T8 items
Daily Heroic and H ToC5 everyday (H ToC drops some nice tank upgrades to get you kick started)
PUGs: Ony10 and VOA 10/25 for your first Triumph badge items.
PUG ToC10 until you get lucky for all the tank drops

.... several weeks....
PuG ToC25 Ony25 ....TOGC10.....TOGC25 :)

this is exactly how I ended up doing it myself after a 5 month break right after Ulduar came out. I had a little better gear to start back with, but not by much. I tanked a ToGC25 yesterday and have been tanking a ToGC10 for a couple weeks. Gear comes very fast now....

krc
11-23-2009, 11:44 AM
For your gems switch the gem in your head to 30 stamina, gem in your shoulder to stamina, gem in chest to stamina, bracers to stamina, hands to stamina, waist to stamina and legs to stamina. My general rule of thumb when it comes to gemming is just gem stamina unless the socket bonus gives 9 stamina or higher because of current content favoring EH so much.

For your enchants I would change shoulder enchant to the pvp one, cloak enchant to 225 armor, weapon to mongoose or blood draining and gloves to 240 armor. Other than that everything looks pretty good.

jettzypher
11-24-2009, 02:26 PM
i like to use a wire brush to get the majority of the rust off myself... then some good solvents and such to clean the rest off and finish up with a nice polishing to make it shine.