PDA

View Full Version : Yearly Mammogram

Customs
11-22-2009, 11:12 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Ysera&n=Customs)

Just wanna post and see how im doing/if im doing something wrong.. and if i should be looking for some different gear

I do have Hauberk but i dont see the need to use it

Any help is appreciated :D

vine
11-23-2009, 03:57 AM
Are hit and expertise very important to pally tanks? Yours seems pretty low is all, but I'm only going off DK soft caps.

Synapse
11-23-2009, 04:24 AM
About as important as they are for a warrior, vine. We have less parriable attacks, but every melee attack and every hammer attack we don can be parried twice because SoV's application can be parried.

krc
11-23-2009, 06:12 AM
Because of current content favoring EH so much I reccomend you change your helm gem to 15 stam 10 expertise, shoulder enchant to 30 stamina 15 resilience, cloak enchant to 225 armor and gloves with 240 armor. You can also get the Black Heart which in my opinion is better than the Ony quest reward because of the decent amount of stamina and the awesome proc.

Tranzavagn
11-23-2009, 10:45 AM
I would get a new weapon asap, Quel'Serrar sucks imo. Maybe that's just me but no strength and no defensive stats except from the proc isn't good enough for me.

Also try to get the tier 9.25 shoulders and the legs from Jaraxxus to boost your expertise.

EDIT: Don't listen to krc, gem red slots with +10 agi, +15 stam ;)
Also, I don't think you can do enough threat to keep holding aggro when using HoSalv, so that glyph is pretty useless. Get Judgement/Holy Wrath glyph instead. (I guess Holy Wrath glyph will be awesome in ICC, at least I'll use it)

krc
11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
Like tranzavagn said 10 agility 15 stam is also a viable option for your red slot.

Customs
11-23-2009, 03:17 PM
Yeah I'm waiting on that last trophy for the shoulders.

And if i had a better tanking weapon than quel by god I would use it in a heart beat. Yet to see ardent defender drop and my guild just started clearing 10m heroic toc about three weeks ago.

And as far as the expertise goes I can equip the chest off 25m beasts but my parry blows at that point so I really would have to use the ony trink or at least untill I get heroic dreadscale bracers.

My threat is great for the glyph. 6.5-8.5k tps is plenty.
And last night I wad thinking about enchanting cloak with armor me thinks that would be more useful in ICC.

Tazlex
11-23-2009, 04:17 PM
If you can get a group of guildies, 10 or so. Just go and do Flame Leviathan on 25 man. Drops a good tanking Sword, Titanguard.

Replace one of your rings with Mark of the Relentless. You are way over the 540 minimum for defense. Looking at your expertise the ring could help you quite a bit. Also still gives Dodge and Parry Ratings with a socket for a blue gem. So slightly more stamina. (however does have less base strength than either of the two rings you have equipped.)

I would also lose the 20 defense on your Shield and replace it with Titanium Plating or an 18 stamina enchant.

As for weapon enchant. I'm still pretty iffy on which is the best, mostly I cannot recall if they changed Blade Ward in recent patches to proc more often or not. I tend to favor Accuracy for hit and critical strike. I know other favored weapon enchants are still Mongoose and Blood Draining. So maybe also dig around on the current weapon enchants and their uses.

For talents, I'll probably get yelled at for this, but drop Divine Sacrifice and Divine Guardian. Unless you are OT'ing a lot and are able to use Sacrifice without dying or losing mobs then its alright. The part that I'm gonna get yelled at and disagreed on is put the points in Divinity. Only reason I say that is because you'll need the points somewhere to continue down the Protection Tree. Yes it will cause more overhealing and other crap, but if 3% makes it easier for your healers then it might just be worth it a little. Again, only a suggestion.

Glyphs were mentioned already. Dump Salvation unless you are extremely high on threat in comparison to your DPS. Judgement is usually the Glyph of choice ( as mentioned previously)

Insahnity
11-23-2009, 04:49 PM
What does This have to do with tanking?

vine
11-23-2009, 04:57 PM
With his low expertise why are you suggesting agi/stam for red slots? Exp/stam in those slots until you have a decent amount of expertise.