PDA

View Full Version : ToGC pwning my face

Kiryana
11-21-2009, 05:23 PM
So, I'm tanking ToGC and I'm getting face rolled. I'm seem to be getting 2 and 3 shot and healers can't keep up. I have no problem in 10 or 25 man ToC and I'm told I'm very easy to heal. But when I get into ToGC I know the bosses are hitting harder and the like, I just can't figure out why I'm taking so much damage. Best I can rack it up too is maybe getting parry gibbed. Well here is my armory link if anyone can make suggestions.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dark+Iron&n=Kiryana)
Thanks for any help in advance.

Quinafoi
11-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Gormok the Impaler does not get parry hasted. Typically speaking bosses which hit extremely hard like Patchwerk tend to have that flag set to prevent from parry hasting.

Some general advice though, you have gems that aren't pure effective health. This is generally a big mistake when particularly steping into heroic mode. No amount of expertise will save you from being killed in two hits. Pretty much everything you have should be pure stamina except to meet your meta requirement and you should only use one hybrid gem for that. Since we are talking heroic difficulty, even decent size socket bonuses of 9 stamina would generally be ignored and gemed for the 6 higher stamina. Heroic difficulty isn't meant to be a walk in the park. You need to really be using every trick you have.

Wars
11-21-2009, 06:00 PM
Make sure that you are using a CD on the 2nd impale you take. By the end of the second rotation he should be dead(provided you are using 3 tanks).

The only time I die is if I get a 2nd impale(usually the overall 12th one) where he has a few stacks of rising anger and it would one-shot me if I didn't have shield wall saved for that.

For the overall 6th one I'll pop Last stand + enraged regen + trinket because it won't hit as hard and the healers can easily keep me up through the 25k melee + 8k stomp + 5k impale tick + 15k impale damage on that one. I think I have 64k HP during that one impale.

Make sure you use your cooldowns. If you have last stand + regen + trinket popped for your first 2nd impale, then shield wall popped for your second 2nd impale, you'll be all set. He should be dead shortly after the 13th-14th impale if your dps is doing what it is supposed to(have about 20-15 seconds left before the worms come out.

ADDENDUM: I see you don't have a clickable trinket equipped, but I'm sure with last stand + regen, you'll also be able to survive the first 2nd impale.

Make sure gormok has demo shout and tclap on him at all times. ALL TIMES.

Quinafoi
11-21-2009, 06:01 PM
To draw on an example, in my ToGC25 we have a warrior tank with about 4k more effective health than you. He still often dies with just two stacks of impale. That's simply just how hard Gormok is hitting.

Wars
11-21-2009, 06:04 PM
Also, you really really should get rid of those 20 expertise gems and 10 hit hybrid gems. I'm never threat capped and don't have any pure threat gems.

You need survivability more than threat here obviously. At least trade the 20 expertise gems for guardian's gems(expertise/stam hybrid).

I only have 94 hit rating on my armory, but this gear set I'm currently wearing is for straight hardmode tanking. I have a few threat pieces on very threat intensive fights.