PDA

View Full Version : Fury warrior dps very low

drkphantom
11-21-2009, 10:02 AM
I would like to know if someone could take a look at my toon. I am a fury undead warrior and my dps is very low an i dont know what else to do.WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Scarlet Crusade&name=drkphantom)

or wow-armory

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&n=Drkphantom)

thank u

DogShep
11-22-2009, 12:53 PM
The first thing to look at is your expertise. You want to shoot for 26 expertise on your character sheet. Apart from that I'd focus on getting a solid rotation down. Are you having problems with being rage starved? If so I'd recommend more hit to get more rage from your white hits. How much dps are you putting out now? Looking at the gear (forgive me if I'm a little off, haven't played fury in a while), you should be pulling 3k to 4k dps.

For rotations and other things, make sure you look at TheGreatMe's Fury Warrior Guide here (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/57781-wotlk-fury-warrior-guide.html).

Xirek
11-22-2009, 02:19 PM
Looking at your overall gear, it doesn't look too bad. The weapons could stand to be slightly upgraded (but that's going to be the bane of your existence as Fury). From a spec standpoint, things look solid, but I'd probably move those 2 pts in Improved Intercept into something a little more substantial. Since Fury is the "AOE Warrior" to a degree, you may get some more mileage out of Improved Cleave & Glyph of Cleave?

Hit looks okay, you're past the actual cap and if you regularly run with a Draenei it's even better. Crit looks good, this will keep Flurry uptime strong. The greatest area it seems you're lacking in is Expertise. In situations like this the Precise Cardinal Ruby (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40118) is your best friend. Just stay behind the boss as much as possible, and you should see a general improvement.

Sifaduis
11-22-2009, 02:34 PM
yeah, i got really low dps as well.. idk what to do!
I got a really good rotation, but im only avging 2k-2.5k dps
here is a link to my stats and stuff...
WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=alleria&name=sifaduis)
the only issue is with that post, is it isnt calculating my right ap and crit
i actually have about 4400 ap, and 31% crit

drkphantom
11-22-2009, 02:35 PM
The first thing to look at is your expertise. You want to shoot for 26 expertise on your character sheet. Apart from that I'd focus on getting a solid rotation down. Are you having problems with being rage starved? If so I'd recommend more hit to get more rage from your white hits. How much dps are you putting out now? Looking at the gear (forgive me if I'm a little off, haven't played fury in a while), you should be pulling 3k to 4k dps.

For rotations and other things, make sure you look at TheGreatMe's Fury Warrior Guide here (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f177/57781-wotlk-fury-warrior-guide.html).

I have a good rotation that i use be when i am in a raid i only pulling like 2.5k to 3k i would think it should be much higher then that for what i have.

DogShep
11-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Can you post what rotation you're using? You're right you should be getting more dps out of that gear than 2.5k. What content are you currently raiding in? Your dps from a 10man raid and a 25man raid will be very different because of the different buffs. Right now I'd recommend making sure you're using the best rotation, and grab some more expertise gear to get to the cap.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that you have +Agi rings and a +Agi back. Agility will give you +Crit%, but won't give you any Attack Power. If you can find some +Str gear to replace those with, I'd do it.

drkphantom
11-23-2009, 07:49 AM
Can you post what rotation you're using? You're right you should be getting more dps out of that gear than 2.5k. What content are you currently raiding in? Your dps from a 10man raid and a 25man raid will be very different because of the different buffs. Right now I'd recommend making sure you're using the best rotation, and grab some more expertise gear to get to the cap.

Edit: Another thing I noticed is that you have +Agi rings and a +Agi back. Agility will give you +Crit%, but won't give you any Attack Power. If you can find some +Str gear to replace those with, I'd do it.

My rotation is Bloodthirst then Whirlwind an slam (when it is instent) then HS for a rage dump an i use my self buffs (recklessness an death wish).

an dont i need Agi???

Thegreatme
11-23-2009, 08:16 AM
agility is nice but it is by no means your priority for itemization, you should never go out of your way to itemize for it. Nearly all plate gear has no agility on it and most of the rings/necks/trinkets that are the best for us don't have agility (some do, most don't).

also you should be starting your rotation with whirlwind because it is the highest damage per rage ability we have and has the longest cooldown so you want to get that cooldown ticking as soon as possible.

EDIT: if you would happen to have any parses you could link they would be rather helpful in determining any further things you can improve on.

drkphantom
11-23-2009, 08:59 AM
So what should i change???? do you think i need a different enchant?? an do u think my talents are ok?

Thegreatme
11-23-2009, 11:10 AM
So what should i change???? do you think i need a different enchant?? an do u think my talents are ok?

Things you could/should change:

get expertise capped for dodges (26 expertise), gem for it if you need to.

if you plan on keeping the socket bonuses in your gloves and boots change the gems to 10str/10crit, you don't need the hit rating as you are above the soft cap with out it.

change your meta gem to a 21agi/3%crit damage one (I think the prefix is relentless) and the get a nightmare tear and put that in your gear, this will allow you to use pure red gems for every other socket.

take points out of imp intercept. since it looks like you are geared for doing ToC raiding I would put those 2 points, and the 1 point you have in imp berserker rage, in to imp cleave.

if you really want to min/max carry around a stack of both execute and cleave glyphs, any time there will be 3 or more targets close enough to all be hit bly cleave use the cleave glyph, else use the execute glyph.

SixStringsXD
11-23-2009, 11:52 AM
To be completely honest, you don't have the weapons and you are missing some crucial gear items to be fury and have high dps.

Your expertise needs to be your first priority and your hit is a bit low for the gear you have. Until you have about 5000 attack power buffed, you need a bit more hit - as once you start hitting harder you will get rage from that but until then you need the more often white hits for rage generation.

The one thing you will notice about fury is that as more instances come out, the more you have to work for fury to be viable. To be successful as fury in TotC content, you need to begin collecting TotC gear. Fury is the single most gear dependant spec in the game, unfortunately.

You have only 20 more attack power than I do in my arms gear and I have absolutely no strength gems in my gear.

Put expertise on your gloves as well until you can afford to get rid of it - getting the legs from ToC gear - even conquest will give you a big boost in expertise with only the cost of losing haste which is a great tradeoff.

You should try to get the triumph badge ring, you should aim for the cloak from Razorscale in 25 ulduar and the neck from ulduar - I can't remember what it is off the top of my head but its a good piece until you get executioner's vice from 25 TotC twins. Another piece that will help you a lot is getting the bracers from TotC25 - they have a good amount of expertise on them as well crit and a nice amount of strength.

It really does come down to gear and I would consider just being arms until you get the gear and even after that I would recommend being arms. Unless it is a fight such as the twins or anub or anything where cleave damage comes into play, I have never seen a fury warrior do more damage than I do as arms. Heroic strike is tempting to spam but remember all it is doing is adding a little more damage to your white attacks, do don't go overboard with it.

Thegreatme does have a good guide, so check it out, work on getting your expertise and unbuffed attack power up and you will be good to go, good luck!

Thegreatme
11-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I wouldn't say that it soley comes down to gear. gear does play a big part and we are indeed one of, if the most gear dependent class/spec in the game. However this doesn't mean that it is impossible to put out competitive DPS as fury if you don't have all near BiS gear, it just means it will take more skill and practice.

in my opinion learning to play fury with lower quality gear is better than waiting until you have better gear because if you can master managing your rage with poor quality gear, it's only going to get easier to do as you gear up. gear aids skill, but it doesn't create it. being able to play well is going to have a bigger impact on your DPS than gear will, but if you are already at the level of 'playing well' then gear will have a bigger effect. in this case, I would say that there is more to be gained from more skill than more gear.

MellvarTank
11-23-2009, 02:01 PM
I agree with Thegreatme.

I have easily 1k less AP than just about every other Fury warrior I've ever pugged with.... I'm always in the top 10 for damage done/dps in 25 man raids. Am I doing what I would consider "spectacular" DPS? For an offspec yes. 5.5k + in my gear is great! (especially as I am rocking 2 x Edge of Ruin as weapons...) If it was a main spec, I'd be a little disappointed, but still happy as I'd be at least pulling my weight.

Am I in BiS gear? Not even close. I have a couple of pieces of ToC10/25 gear, but absolutely no tier gear (as it's an offspec) and no craftable gear for ilvl 219+.

Generally if you are having DPS complaints in Fury, you either aren't managing your rage right, or missing slam! procs. That is pretty much what it comes down to 9.9/10 times. If you are doing all of those things, you should be doing average DPS (pulling your weight in a raid). If you want spectacular? Get the BiS gear.

LtDann
11-24-2009, 07:08 AM
sorry to piggy back on your thread but I too am having what I consider low dps. After help in another thread I added a few pieces and dps went up some, but it's not consistent, 2100-2600. sometimes I find at the beginning of a run I'll have really high dps but it drops quickly into the run and I dont understand why. I am pretty sure Im not changing my rotation and just hitting buttons to do something.

armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Ltdantaylor)

I've read fury guide and try to immulate the rotation as best I can, so wondering if my dps is as much as my gear will allow, or maybe there is another problem : )

MellvarTank
11-24-2009, 09:55 AM
2100-2600 DPS is about where you will sit for your gear level. You need to save up your emblems and pick up your conquest emblem chest/helm which will help, or start into your triumph emblem gear. One thing: Get berserking as an enchant on both of your weapons, and only gem epic gems.

To the OP.... your expertise is 9... you need 26. That is where your dps is missing, because you can't hit the boss. It's just that simple. Lose the strength gems and gem expertise until you hit 24.

gritziam
11-24-2009, 12:00 PM
Well I have the gear,so I know its me.Im capped on Hit and exp.Over 5k on Attack power.Lorono on Runetotem is my toon.I just cant figure out what im doing wrong,beween interuprting bosses and running around I cant keep a rotation.Should you restart the rotation or just continue to the next step.Also when should you start to gem arp or should you.I was helping so lower guildies get some gear in reg toc I did 3.3k had a pally with all lvl 200 gear do 4k.I have a gear score of 2706.I should be smoking instead i am fizzling out.I am reading the post here in the forums trying to get a better idea but I am a little lost still.Anyone have an add on to tell you when slam is instant mine isnt working.Well any comment will help,after I was told by someone to delete the fury warrior I am determined to improve him or it somehow.Thx folks for reading my book I just need some advice.Lorono on Runetotem.

Thegreatme
11-24-2009, 12:07 PM
I personally use MSBT to display my bloodsurge procs, but I've used slam alert and SCT in the past and both worked fine.

for your spec, take the point out of blood craze and max out intensify rage, and take the 2 points out of imp execute to max out cruelty.

as far as reseting your rotation is concerned you should just keep going thru it until you get an oppertunity to reset it, this means that if you can BT when WW has 4s left they will both come of CD at the same time, which basiclly makes it like starting over.

gritziam
11-24-2009, 01:09 PM
ok respecing-ty anything has to help so i will try about anything

gritziam
11-24-2009, 02:17 PM
Ok i respecced.I should have seen that myself ty for the help.I have my stats.
Damage 1773-2058
Power 5060
Hit 362 or 11.04%
Arp 519- 37.08 enemy reduction
Crit 33.98%
Exp 27/27
Well thats it now for the next questions,I am asking like a noob because I just plain SUCK to be honest.
When in raids should I use a flask of endless rage or go with strength elixars and foods or go with crit foods what combo with help my dps.

Next question is on rotation-BT-ww-GDC or slam if instant then back to bt-ww

What GDC should be used-I have been using bt-ww until it takes a long time to come back around i throw a cleave in.
but also like in Toc 10/25 i am stuck interupting Jar and the shammy on the factions fight.
I guess what im asking is what does everyone do in a normal rotation I am messing up some where.Well messing up alot.Well thx folks.Ill take all availible knowledge and cooments.

MellvarTank
11-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Firstly, way over hit cap. If you are gemming/enchanting hit, drop it for some crit because your crit is low for your AP.

When you do the "rotation", the ONLY things you worry about hitting are your BT, WW, Slam! proc. Use cleave when you have >60 rage and multiple targets, or HS when you have > 60 rage and single targets. Get an audible slam! proc alert, I too use MSBT. It's all about managing your rage. You never want to delay a BT or WW, and you never want to cap your rage at 100 without using it.

gritziam
11-24-2009, 06:20 PM
ok did not know i was over the hit cap,i dont think i have and gems or enchants for hit,i will double check.What should my crit be at.Im learning.Thx again

Prefix
11-24-2009, 09:10 PM
What kind of DPS are you guys seeing on target dummy's?

I'd be curious - because I can't seem to get past 3.5k - though I'm normally a tank and haven't spent a tremendous amount of time figuring out best button pressing techniques.

I'm about 6k AP with my own shout and 34% crit.

MellvarTank
11-25-2009, 08:34 AM
Target dummies = fail for Fury. You can't rely on those numbers, buff's make a huge difference, being behind the boss makes a huge difference, etc. The only way to check your numbers is to get into a raid.

For Crit you'll probably want to be over 40% in 'serker stance.

Prefix
11-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Well, you can get behind a dummy too. And I understand we scale with buffs so well - but one warrior to another using the same heroic dummy (which isn't next to any other dummy's for WW dmg), one should be able to compare notes on rotation etc.

No, this won't bring cleave or WW's additional damage in when fighting boss's that have more than 1 target, or the massive amount of incoming rage from taking some level of incremental damage - but it should compare rotation to rotation, priority to priority - we're just removing some variables.

drkphantom
11-28-2009, 08:58 PM
ok i got my rotation down very good an changed so stuff an i am still only doing 3k dps in raids. What am i missing??? The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Scarlet+Crusade&n=Drkphantom)

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Scarlet Crusade&name=drkphantom)

I know i still need more Expertise but does it really make that much of a differents.

Leo
11-30-2009, 02:14 AM
After reading these posts I feel worse than before. For all intents and purposes I feel like I'm doing the right rotation, have the gear to support "better than good" DPS and still don't bring the numbers I should to a raid.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tichondrius&n=Leonidyz)

I'm to the point of desperation here. I'll take anything I can get to help me bring the numbers. I'm finding that the only reason I'm being brought back to 10TotGC is because I don't die to stupid stuff, not because of my raw DPS. The invites are becoming more few and further between.

Am I gemmed incorrectly? I was stacking +20str before but someone suggested +20arp and it's not much better than before.

HALP!

Xodiv
11-30-2009, 05:54 AM
There is nothing wrong with your gear (although I think the 20 arp recommendation is wrong, but it's not massively wrong). So it's either something wrong with what you're doing or something wrong with the buff synergy you're getting. If you are maximising your in-range DPS time, using Death Wish and your trinkets/pot properly, then make sure you are DPSing sundered targets (or sunder yourself) and getting Blessing of Kings and Blessing of Might or Battle Shout. Ideally Windfury Totem+Strength of Earth or Imp Icy Talons+Horn of Winter. Outside buffs make a huge difference to your DPS. Read Thegreatme's fury guide, do what it says. Don't Heroic Strike too much, don't Heroic Strike too little.

And for God's sake man, drop Imp Execute and another point (Heroic Fury or Booming Voice, to taste) and pick up the 3 points in Imp Cleave. Then any time 2 mobs are close (Jaraxxus, Twin Val'kyr, Anub adds) cleave and whirlwind as priority use of your rage. You are missing the fun part of ToC as Fury.

MellvarTank
11-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Yes, your expertise will make that much of a difference. Take a combat log and look at it online, you'll notice a lot of 0 dps from misses if you aren't at 26/26 expertise.

MellvarTank
11-30-2009, 11:16 AM
Leo - In Fury you gem all strength, no armor pen unless you only need a couple to get to the soft cap. You probably use this same gearset for Arms as you do Fury, and unfortunately the gemming is too different. You either need to pick up a different gearset for Fury/Arms, or stick with one or the other... the price of gems would kill you! lol

The reason you aren't doing good DPS in Fury is because you only have 4200 AP and way too much ArP. Regem strength, you'll notice a huge difference.

gritziam
11-30-2009, 12:25 PM
I am a little confused,I am at 12% hit-1% over if I am correct.Unless the hit cap is lower for a fury warrior duel weilding.I read and and ask questions last week I followed alot of advice and I also watched the vidios by (thegreatme).I am happy to say in TOC25 Imaintained a 4.3k dps.It can get better but its alot bet than 2.8 to 3.1k I was doing.Well Im Lorono on Runetotem,look me up tell what i can change to get better.:D

Thegreatme
11-30-2009, 12:32 PM
the soft hit cap (meaning the point when your abilities will not be able to miss) is 8% (meaning 5% from gear and 3% from 3/3 precision). the hard cap (meaning nothing will miss) for dualwielding is somewhere around 24% i think, but that is unimportant because after hitting the soft hit cap there are much better stats for you to be itemizing for.

Leo
12-01-2009, 01:08 AM
Tonight I had a breakthrough on the dummy in IF and was knocking the piss outta that thing (went from 3900 to over 4400 consistently) with the help of some macro's and an addon so I'm not missing insta-slam proc's anymore. I macro'd my V'Call to WW and MoS to BT. I also played around with some other combos but those seem to do the trick. Now it's time to re-gem before Thurs. I'll go back to my previous set up with all +str instead of +arp.

TBH, I was missing a ton of the insta-slams because I would lose them in the buffs and wouldn't see them.

Still a work in progress but I'll reload WWS and capture some data. Thanks for the suggestions!

Leo
12-14-2009, 03:36 AM
Just an update. Not really sure what changed besides going back to +20str gems but I'm pulling between 6-7K dps on trash and staying around 6K single target (with screen shots to prove).

Having a problem with combat logs so I may dump all my old files and start over. Apparently WWS doesn't like my files?

-Leo

squats
12-14-2009, 03:52 AM
use worldoflogs.com its much better at breaking down ability usage, procs, and other things we can use to tell what your doing wrong (or correct)

ill look over your armory and post back about what i think you should change

squats
12-14-2009, 04:02 AM
Gloves- Dont gem for hit after 5%, a 20 str gem would give you more dps
Belt- looks good
Legs - looks good
boots - again, dont gem for hit after 5% (use a str/crit gem for a yellow socket for you meta)

trinkets - invest in a greatness card ASAP, its a huge dps increase
weapons - both look good (try and get a new offhand asap)
bracers - are fine
chest - never use a str-stam gem, i know you probably spent a lot of money making this chest, but you need to replace it with the T9 chest for the 4 set bonus.

back - looks good
helm - again, dont gem for hit past 5%. and use the Agi/crit increase meta. the requirements fall perfectly in line with the types of gems you should be using. you only need 1 nightmare tear to meat the requirements.

other then what i said above. make sure your managing your rage properly so you can maintain your rotation and try to minimize lost slam procs

edit - use your engineering glove enchant. hyper speed accelerators are amazing.

Ellarolly
12-15-2009, 04:25 AM
Not sure what i am doing wrong, my DPS is only 1500 on the highest IF dummy. i have seen it much higher in instances and raids also while out questing i am trying to get a more consistant # and higher one

i am using the Rotation WW|BT|Proc Slam | alternating cleve and HS | Repeat.
It seems that the more i add to my gear and gems i add the less DPS i output. can somone please advise
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Ellarolly)
there is my armory link any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
also i have been reading about the Expertise above 26 is that my problem?

Thank you

Ellarolly