PDA

View Full Version : Gear check and tips.

Haio
11-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Hey everyone on Tankspot.

Just thought it was about time to post my "normal" boss tanking gear.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Haio)
This is the set i use 95% of the time MT'ing bosses etc, what i was interested in is. What people think should i get the 9.3 Chest (to keep 4 set) and take the Ony 25 helm or just leave the 4 set out.

I think my block etc is a little low but i value Hit and Expertise levels more than it right now.
I have the cape from 25 ToC second boss also but am using "The Cape of the Makers" to keep my hit up around 180.

So just asking for peoples veaws and what they think i should aim for in a total stats over look in Dodge, Parry, Hit etc etc.

Thank you in advance for any helpfull comments :).

krc
11-20-2009, 06:02 AM
All of your enchants and gemming are good, the only small things I would change is your shoulder enchant to 30 stam and 15 resilience, your cloak enchant to 225 armor, Gloves to 240 armor and Shield to defense or 18 stamina.

Your glyphs and spec looks good too but I would definitely take points out of Cruelty, drop Glyph of Vigilance and get Improved Disciplines and Glyph of Shield Wall, as you progress farther and farther into content survival will become your biggest priority.

Don't worry about the 4pc t9 bonus it is only really worth it in heroics just put the Ony helm on and forget about it. I would just put on the ToC cloak in EH it is much better and you shouldn't really worry about hit much, if you are having threat problems it is most likely because you are because you are pushing the wrong buttons not lack of hit.

Haio
11-22-2009, 06:16 AM
Krc - Thanks for your veaws.

But i don't believe i am pressing the wrong buttons.. and didn't say i had threat issues, was more towards a gear check and idea's for changes.
Think i am gonna go for +18 stam on gloves not armor i did change the shoulder enchant over tho.

Also i don't find a Warrior tank on the US or EU realms by the name Krc.

As for the Glyph's ill keep looking for now.. ill take the SW one and slight spec change.

Thanks again for any other help or info from posts.

/Haio

Chasey
11-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Krc - Thanks for your veaws.

But i don't believe i am pressing the wrong buttons.. and didn't say i had threat issues, was more towards a gear check and idea's for changes.
Think i am gonna go for +18 stam on gloves not armor i did change the shoulder enchant over tho.

Also i don't find a Warrior tank on the US or EU realms by the name Krc.

If you pull the lil tab down below his name you see he has a toon on the realm bronzebeard named Aidagny.

I think my block etc is a little low but i value Hit and Expertise levels more than it right now.
I have the cape from 25 ToC second boss also but am using "The Cape of the Makers" to keep my hit up around 180.

Well block is low, not enough items in the game with block on them, its not reliable, to much incoming unavoidable damage to worry about block. I too worry more about exp or hit, more threat and less damage in the long run.

One other note, get rid of the parry gem, you are missing out on dodge/or agility in the head slot. Never gem parry, not unless you hit 1:1.88 dodge over parry, dodge is still king.

krc
11-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Oh Haio I wasn't saying that you were having threat problems I was just saying my view point of expertise and hit and how the aren't really needed on a large scale, sorry if you misunderstood me.