PDA

View Full Version : i got adds on Anub!!

flood
11-19-2009, 06:49 PM
hi there i have some questions regarding tanking the adds on Anub 25HM, im a DK tank, blood atm (our 2nd warr tank got a job and stopped raiding) i know its not the best place for a DK tank but we cant do anything about it now anyway.. im just wondering if i should go frost, and if so DW frost or 2h?? i switched some gear to get more parry dodge and some stamina loose. i know how to tank em and all that just not sure about specc and so on..

would appreciate all the help u guys could offer me!

Espillion
11-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Considering it is 25HM, you are at a slight disadvantage to other tanks (warrior or pally, in particular) because although you will probly hit the 50% avoidance rate with gear alone, the amount of damage going through will be extremely heavy because the only mitigation you have is just pure armor (before raid abilities).

Problem here would be the fact that you're tanking 100% hasted nerubians that slice through your armor with expose weakness (part 1 of your problem) and threat output of Death Knights is debatable when it comes to holding it off your raid DPS with the requirements for it (part 2).

More health, yes but look into other revenues as well. If you can push your dodge to be higher than your parry, it may benefit you more while still keeping that rough 50% avoidance because it scales lower with Diminished Returns than parry.

Threat wise, you can always suggest your raid to take out the other two while gaining ample threat on your targets so you don't feel the need to be overwhelmed with lack of threat on the first bat but survivability can factor in so it's hard to say really.

Hope this helps.

flood
11-19-2009, 07:14 PM
okay.. the threath part wasnt so bad actually, i just head out and IT,PS the closest to me and then ill just taunt the other one, HS him twice and over to my first target again and pestilence.. DaD (glyped) and then just HS away.. the problem is that im taking much more dmg then the warrior tanking the other 2.. and im wondering if mayby Frost is a better specc for add tanking.

the stamina part is not that bad.. 4%dodge 2% parry more for a 5k HP loss. so im about 49-50k raidbuffed with ress flask. Got NR on my head now and thinking of mayby going NR on back also..

and one more question.. anyone know if Acclimation - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=50152) and Rune of Spellbreaking - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=54447) is working on Anubs P3 swarm?

Omok
11-19-2009, 07:35 PM
If you're the only tank on the adds, I don't think it is possible for a DK to tank them in 25 man TotGC. If the main tank is a warrior, he needs to tank the adds and put you on the boss.

Edit...

Just saw your response. If the warrior offtank has the gear, he would be better off tanking all four adds.

flood
11-19-2009, 07:39 PM
yes i know but sadly he dosent have the gear for it.. but it has to be doable for a DK? or is it better to put a druid on it?

Wars
11-19-2009, 07:40 PM
I don't believe Acclimation works on the swarm. Also, what you're missing here unfortunately is the ability to block. With a shield, and block value gear you can cut down the adds damage significantly.

The adds are much more suited to a paladin/warrior while the dk/bears tank Anub. If they really really are set on your tanking two of the adds, just go frost and blow UA on one set(once the debuff sets in) and then IBF and repeat.

If they can't keep you up, go back to discussing how warriors/paladins are better suited to tank the adds.

Probably better to put the druid on it truthfully, you should be able to do it, but if that's the only thing holding you guys back(which I doubt) he might have more success than you.

flood
11-19-2009, 07:59 PM
okay thanks for the info.. the problem is that we dont have a warrior or pala to tank em.. haha we are a small guild raiding 2 days a week and when we got to anub and geared up a 2n warr tank he couldnt raid anymore... so i tanked Anub but now we had to put one of our feral druids on him and gear him upp :)

but i think ill go frost as u say and use CDs.. gonna help the healers alott.. IMp frost gives me 2% less dmg so that also helps abit. any tips on a good frost specc for this?