PDA

View Full Version : DPS raid buff arms vs fury and low dps

Giantone
11-19-2009, 06:34 PM
I normally tank and so i have some really crappy dps gear and i have been asked to dps a lot recently for the guild. I was luck to get 4 upgrades last night from 219 gear to some 245 and 232 gear so i don't know how much my dps will be now but I was only doing an avg of like 3k dps in 25 toc last night that seems really low since all the other dps were doing 4k to 6k dps. Here is my armory link.

Armory

fury vs arms from all the things I looked at the dps of the to specs are pretty similar with arms being slightly higher on single target and fury being better on groups but there close which one is the most beneficial to the rest of the raid?

arp? should i be gemming arp over str

Giliandrix
11-19-2009, 06:43 PM
Fury and Arms both offer certain specific buffs.

Arms warriors bring enhanced Bleed Damage and Enhanced Physical Damage (Trauma and Blood Frenzy), while Fury Warriors bring Rampage (5% Melee/Ranged Crit).

Rogues/Ferals have identical buffs so it's really a matter of what your raid group is missing.

As for getting for Armor Pen, the thing about Armor Pen is, the SEP of it goes up the more you have of it, gemming it is silly if you have virtually none to begin with. If you really want to see whether or not you should gem for it, run a spreadsheet (Landsoul's).

Edit: On a second note, after looking at your Armory your ARP is rather low, what you should do is continue to gem STR, but start grabbing ARP pieces where-ever you can.

Giantone
11-19-2009, 07:05 PM
landsoul's spread sheet says that str is better with kings but arp is really close so for now i will keep str gems. we have some rogues but I don't think we have a melee druid at this point so i might need to switch to fury. what spec do you get the melee and bleed boast from rogues?

Muffin Man
11-19-2009, 07:13 PM
Fury and Arms both offer certain specific buffs.

Arms warriors bring enhanced Bleed Damage and Enhanced Physical Damage (Trauma and Blood Frenzy), while Fury Warriors bring Rampage (5% Melee/Ranged Crit).

Rogues/Ferals have identical buffs so it's really a matter of what your raid group is missing.

This is true, but it hurts Ferals to mangle, so in some respects an Arms warrior will always have a useful buff.

Also, don't forget that while both have shouts and can sunder, it's *slightly* easier for Fury to do it (although as arms I only find it hard to sunder on heavy movement fights, but that's probably true for furies as well).

ScaryGary
11-19-2009, 07:26 PM
To put it simply, arms is the way to go unless you have BiS gear or damn close to it. AS for gemming, you do not gem arp until you have about 30% from gear alone (not including battle stance, gems or T9 bonus). I would change out your meta to the 21 agility 3% crit meta because it only requires you to have a nightmare tear in your gear to activate it, this will allow you room for one more 20 str gem. Also change out your rare quality gems for epic ones, especially the hit gems. If you are going to gem for hit use the epic ones, it will allow you to waste less spots for it. Eat the hit food as well. +10 stats to chest would also benefit you.

Giliandrix
11-19-2009, 07:28 PM
Mangle from Ferals is identical to Trauma and is baseline.

Savage Combat from Rogues (Combat Tree) is identical to Blood Frenzy.

Demo Shout shouldn't really be used since Prot Pallies/Ret Pallies should have it already. Ret's take care of improved battle shout with greater might, and I guess keep commanding up. As a fury warrior there are definite gaps inbetween rotations where you can stack sunder, but if there isn't a warrior tank, stacking sunder to 5 should be a priority at the beginning of fights. As Fury, I don't usually have any problems keeping sunders up on heavy movement fights, unless it's like Heigan or Sapph.

Giliandrix
11-19-2009, 07:31 PM
To put it simply, arms is the way to go unless you have BiS gear or damn close to it. AS for gemming, you do not gem arp until you have about 30% from gear alone (not including battle stance, gems or T9 bonus). I would change out your meta to the 21 agility 3% crit meta because it only requires you to have a nightmare tear in your gear to activate it, this will allow you room for one more 20 str gem. Also change out your rare quality gems for epic ones, especially the hit gems. If you are going to gem for hit use the epic ones, it will allow you to waste less spots for it. Eat the hit food as well. +10 stats to chest would also benefit you.

Eh I'd totally disagree with this with the current content out. With fights like Jaraxxus, Twin Valks, and Anub'arak, Fury Warriors greatly outshine Arms right now even given minor differences in gear. Fury warriors capitalize on minor cleave fights such as those mentioned.

MellvarTank
11-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Fury -> Must be at 26 expertise and 5% hit with 3% from precision. Strength is king.

Arms -> Must be at 26 expertise (but can get there at a lower rating from talents), 8% hit. ArP is more important than strength.

Fury -> Rage management.

Arms -> Rage use.

Basically, if you want to run Fury, go check out Thegreatme's Fury guide and videos. It covers everything quite well. Don't cheap out on gems or enchants. Fury is gear dependant, you cheap out and you are losing dps. Spend the money, it will get you bigger numbers.

Bung
11-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Just so you know you are currently not hit capped. Get the bloodshed band to fix this.