PDA

View Full Version : Parry- Gems and me :(

Buupu
11-19-2009, 03:14 AM
Hey there All Im currently still trying to get Anubs on TOC25 and have not yet done any Heroic Versions 10 or 25 yet:)

My question in on my gems and enchants. I has a look at my gems tonight and realised that I have 3-4 parry ones. and the non-epic stam gem floating around.

Should I just replace all my parry gems to stam ones?
And what about my defense? Im sitting at 560 atm

I just managed to get my T9 shoulders tonight so YAY more expertise.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Buupu)

Thanks for taking the time to look and any help is much appreciated. Im feeling like I need to do a bit of an Overhaul on my tank, and looking at changing my spec around too.

krilz
11-19-2009, 04:28 AM
Parry is a horrible stat to gear for, nonetheless gem for(!), so take those out. What I would do is switch one of those parry/stam gems to an exp/stam so you're capped on that level and the rest, gem for stamina. Unless it has +9 stamina socket, then it might be worth to gem dodge/stam to get that one as well. But for example the helm socket of +8 defense is not really that great to you. Note that excess defense isn't necessarily a bad thing, because it's still avoidance, but it isn't as vital as before.

When we're on the subject of improving your character, it might be worth to replace your weapon enchant with something else as well as your shield. Stamina on shield and maybe Mongoose on the weapon? You could also replace the shoulder enchant with stamina as well seeing as you have so much defense, if you got 10k honor lying around.

Xianth
11-19-2009, 05:24 AM
Given the distribution of avoidance stats on gear, you should never have to gem parry even if you are going for more avoidance (for whatever reason) as you'll pretty much always have less than 1.8x more dodge rating than parry rating (the ideal ratio for DR). Personally, I always go with expertise for red sockets when i can use the bonus, because it's both a good threat stat and great for reducing the chance you'll take spikes from parry hasted boss swings

Quinafoi
11-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Red sockets if you actually want the bonus, would be expertise normally for a tank, not parry rating. Most of your raw avoidance should come from the gear stats alone, and you gem to increase effective health or threat generation.

Health has no deminishing return, gemming for stamina is always acceptable if the socket bonus isn't really worth it and you already have your meta requirement met.

Griff
11-19-2009, 12:11 PM
You should always do everything you can as a tank to ensure the success of the raid. Tanks are almost always the primary point of failure and of the three raiding rolls, and minimaxing for tanks is consequently very important.

26 agility on your weapon, multiple blue quality gems (one in your i-lvl 245 chest no less!) You sir, are a very naughty tank. Please fix and make your healers happy.