PDA

View Full Version : Arms DPS Gear Help

Rylad
11-18-2009, 02:32 PM
Ok, so I was looking for some opinions. I am currently raiding in a 10 Man Strict guild. This means that I can only raid ToC 10 and HToC 10, but also anything under ToC in 10 and 25. I just do not feel that my dps is where it should be. Normally i will push about 3300 dps, and i believe with my gear level i should be higher.

My Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Frostmane&n=Valois)

Ok, here is what i know. My gems are terrible, at 12 ArP each. I know that the current ArP gems total 108, where as the Rare version would total 144, and the epic version at 180. Currently the epics are FAR out of my price range but would the rares be worth the upgrade? Also, i feel i have the Rotation Down, Rend > TfB OP > SD Exec > MS > Slam and i am normally tasked to stack sunders, so i reapply at about 5 seconds.

Also, my helm is blah and not really doing anything for me. If i replace it with Helm of Thunderous Rampage - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47674) I go under the hit cap. I am finding the hit cap to be one of my concerns. Also, i was thinking of replacing the Pyrite infuser with Victor's Call - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47948) but will have the same issue.

So i guess my questions are:

How can i get my DPS up to a fair level.
Should i go with both or Neither of those replacements
How is my spec
And what should i do about that Hit Deficit.

Thanks Guys and Gals

Rylad
11-18-2009, 02:43 PM
Oops, ment to post in Halp. Can someone move me to a new home please?

Kazeyonoma
11-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Moved.

Rylad
11-20-2009, 12:30 PM
Bump

Deathsupply
11-21-2009, 03:07 PM
Priority rotation:

Rend->MS-> SD Execute->OP->Slam H stikre when over 80+ rage.. 90+ to be safe.

Gems are really not that expensive, as there are multiple ways to get them (heroics (20 badges each), Honor (10k each), Prospecting Titanium (4% chance of any epic gem), buying them (run about 180g on my server), and mooching off of friends (kidding, don't do this).

Your expetise is really low, sitting at 15 (94 expertise rating), where the cap is 26 (213.2 rating) not including SoA or any racail you might get for expertise. you can spec into Weapon Mastery to reduce the requirement down to 18 expertise at 2/2, and 22 expertise at 1/2.

You can switch your meta out to Renlentless Easrthsiege Diamond, and use one nightmare tear to activate it, leaving one more slot for another epic ArP gem.

Enchants on your gear are pretty huge as well,

+50 AP to bracers,
+10 Stats to Chest
+hodir Shoulder Enchant (AP and Crit)
+helm enchant from Knights of the Ebon blade (+50 AP and +20 crit rating)
+22 Agility to Cloak
+40 AP to BOTH rings, you have the enchanting skill for it so use it
+32 AP to boots or +tuskarr's vitality? (which ever one gives +12 hit and crit not +10 can't remember the name atm)
+75 AP and 22 Agil to legs (leatherworking.)
+44 AP to gloves (use a hit gem, you'll get more value out of it)

Grimtoll is awsome, get one if you can, drops from various bosses in Naxx25.

Rylad
11-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks! I honestly didnt know about buying gems with Honor. That is huge. Also, i am keeping an eye out for Naxx 25, just it is not run on my server. Ill keep this post informed. Did you have any insight to that gear issue?