PDA

View Full Version : What to do about haters?

Fealthas
11-17-2009, 11:20 AM
So some of the core of my guild came from another guild on my server and it seems that that guild is all cool about it now with one exception.... There is one mage in there who still seems to be a complete douche to everyone who has the <Strategery> tag on their name. He recently made this post on the realm progression thread that I run: "you know the purpose of this thread is to actually update it so lets hop to it and update the google page." He posted that 40 minutes after the post that one of his guildmembers posted about a new kill of them. Should I take this as an attack on me/my guild? What should I do about this? He's really getting on my nerves with how he's treating my guildies.

A note, he's a veteran in that guild and from talking with people who used to be in that guild, was a very cool guy until he got dumped 4 months ago and turned all mean

Gretchin
11-18-2009, 02:30 AM
Ignore him. He's not in your guild and shouldn't really have any inpact at all on how you guys do things. Also it's your thread on the realm forum and you update it as you have time to - if he wants it done otherwise welcome him to make a new thread himself that he can control.

Penlowe
11-18-2009, 05:01 AM
When a bully on the playground stands in the middle of the table and starts hurling insults at you, it's only funny for everyone else if you react. If you completely ignore him and go about your business as usual everyone instead will laugh at him and he will go find someone else to pick on.

Shortypop
11-18-2009, 06:27 AM
If you don't ignore him you'll get into a vicious circle which you won't win. Only thing I'd add is to let your guildies know that you've seen the post, are choosing to maturely ignore it (and any further ones) and ask that they show similar restraint.

orcstar
11-18-2009, 07:22 AM
Like above posts:

Some really cool guys see the leaving of (a group) of members as betrayers to the guild. Don't forget, the leaving of some core members can set your raiding back a lot or even destroy it. It's not strange that at first people are angry or disappointed about that. Some people remain bitter and there's no way you can change that.

So in the end ignoring it is best.

Conreeaght
11-18-2009, 07:30 AM
This adage works here (and is in line with the above):

"Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down and beat you with experience."

Ignore to the best of your ability, he's already made himself out to be one of those people that blames the world for their problems rather then get off their ass, put a smile on, and fix it themselves.

Penlowe
11-18-2009, 08:36 PM
This adage works here (and is in line with the above):

"Never argue with idiots, they will drag you down and beat you with experience."

Ignore to the best of your ability, he's already made himself out to be one of those people that blames the world for their problems rather then get off their ass, put a smile on, and fix it themselves.

Or the Ann Richards version: "never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get muddy and the pig will enjoy it". :)

Mačl
11-18-2009, 08:43 PM
Or the Ann Richards version: "never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get muddy and the pig will enjoy it". :)
I know it as "don't argue with an idiot. People might not be able to tell the difference."

Rak
11-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Just from what you posted, I don't see how it's an attack on your guild at all. On my realm forum, the person that made the progression thread that is stickied updates it like once a month. It's quite annoying to have the thread that recruits see lagging so far behind the guild's actual progress.

Since you didn't provide any details on update timeliness history or anything, and just made it all about your guild vs him, it kind of seems like you're looking for something that might not be there. But it's hard to say from our position.

Fealthas
11-19-2009, 09:50 AM
I check it all day and I update it whenever someone posts a new kill. So on average I'm updating it 2-3 times a day (when I wake up, noon, and when I go to bed)

nethervoid
11-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I would purposefully lag when updating his guild. People should reap what they sow.

Proletaria
12-31-2009, 12:58 AM
Ignore him.

This. Don't feed trolls, and you should seriously consider punishing guildies who take the bait. Letting your guild get instigated into a publish flame war is a good way to look terrible to poential applicants (unless you're Goon Squad, in which case, it's more good PR).