PDA

View Full Version : Need help for a small pally big heart

Dragonpally
11-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Okay 1st off want to say AWESOME site really helping me out being a newbie tank. (long time dps)

so few questions I have to ask:

1) Been finding it harder to hold aggro from all the locks out there even if they do the shatter how do I stop that?
(note I have SoV on and RF and I use my taunts and all that jazz I buff up with GBS should I change that to GBM?)

2) Well no brainer my gear any tips will be nice
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shadowsong&n=Halfsizetank)

3) addons: foolishly I have been playing the game without any addons and when I tried it man I was booting myself for not getting them sooner. I have Xperl, omen, recount, pallypower, and nUI. anymore I should get?
and how does one get recount and omen to work on the screen? (got recount and omen before nUI and did /recount show and /omen show and wont show)

4) Got a 10 man eoe raid on the go the weekend and I would like to know best classes or well rounded group to bring with me (ty for the movie clips btw)

Synapse
11-17-2009, 08:04 AM
1) Tell them to take their ritalin again. If your threat is at it's maximum, and your taunts/hand of salvation can't do the trick, it's the dpser's problem to throttle down.
3) Pallypower or ZOMGbuffs are excellent to manage blessings. Frames like xperl/grid/pitbull take long hours to set up, but if you end up with something clean and that you like, raiding is more comfortable. Omen is a must and...uhh..there's not much more really. Some people like Aloft to manage nameplates, but I've done without. Ah, a combat text addon like Parrot helps you figure out when you actually got hit, and how much your abilities helped, same for missing critical abilities.
Omen usually has a minimap icon you can use. /omen config(i think) or opening menu->interface->addons->omen will open your config screen. Most addons can be found there.

Dragonpally
11-17-2009, 08:22 AM
ty I was wondering the addon for the combat text and the other info

Griff
11-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Check out dominos or bartender too, they let you set up your toolbars exactly the way you want them.

Satriana's Buff Frames - lets you move your buffs/debuff icons around and generally configure them. it also lets you make new buff frames for specific things like tank cooldowns.

For EoE, bring a strong tank healer and a healing class with HoTs as they will help people survive the whirlwinds. A group heavy on ranged DPS makes life easier and a DK who can deathgrip the sparks to a convenient place is tres handy.

Also, fix your gems. Defense enchant on your chest will let you drop most of those defense gems and get a net gain in stam. The +10 stats in your belt bucke should be stam. Don't worry about socket bonuses unless they are strong (~+10 or better)

Spend some badges on Signet of the Impregnable Fortress to solve your defense problems entirely.

There are also better professions than skinning for tanks - try JC or mining.

Good luck with EoE!

Dragonpally
11-17-2009, 04:11 PM
Check out dominos or bartender too, they let you set up your toolbars exactly the way you want them.

Satriana's Buff Frames - lets you move your buffs/debuff icons around and generally configure them. it also lets you make new buff frames for specific things like tank cooldowns.

For EoE, bring a strong tank healer and a healing class with HoTs as they will help people survive the whirlwinds. A group heavy on ranged DPS makes life easier and a DK who can deathgrip the sparks to a convenient place is tres handy.

Also, fix your gems. Defense enchant on your chest will let you drop most of those defense gems and get a net gain in stam. The +10 stats in your belt bucke should be stam. Don't worry about socket bonuses unless they are strong (~+10 or better)

Spend some badges on Signet of the Impregnable Fortress to solve your defense problems entirely.

There are also better professions than skinning for tanks - try JC or mining.

Good luck with EoE!

ty for the info and i'll make the changes I need to im a mining and skinning (cash cows and buffs). My Shaman is a jc and i have a great enchanter conctact. I wanted to know because I have alot of people signing up for it and I think they would understand if I was picky