PDA

View Full Version : what can I do to improve

LtDann
11-17-2009, 08:10 AM
here is my armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malygos&n=Ltdantaylor)

what can I do to improve my dps? any help and advice is appreciated.

woodyman
11-17-2009, 09:19 AM
only having a quick look over id say maybe picking up a new trink would be a good idea
something that procs AP like the one from toc norm (cant remember the name now)
which also has another 84 armor pen on it.

or something like the mirror trink that u get from emb of heroism
as that procs AP and has +84 crit on it, an ur crit seems quite low IMO
what sort of dps u doing?

LtDann
11-18-2009, 07:12 AM
First off, thanks for the response!
Banner of victory drops from reg ToC, it hasnt dropped for me yet : ( but I do need to start farming it on a reg. basis. (reccommended by another)
I have thought about mirror of truth, really just need enough emblems to get it. Also, Darkmoon: Greatness card was thrown into the maybe pick up list.
Right now, dps is up and down. As low as 2200 and high at 3400. Ran OS last weekend and was 2600-3400 dps. My rotation is WW, BT, (slam when procs), BT (slam if procs), execute at 20% (spam sometimes) and sometimes jump back and forth between execute and BT, sunder armor when WW and BT in CD. Recklessness and Death wish when off of CD.

Komatist
11-18-2009, 07:22 AM
I would personally get rid of Meteorite Whetstone, it makes you attack too fast when it procs. Maybe try and get your blacksmithing up, then you can add sockets to some of your gear that you can gem for strength, which is always nice for melee.

LtDann
11-18-2009, 08:04 AM
yeah, BS profession was picked up late and I will start working on it since I was able to finish farming gold for epic flying this past weekend.
Unfortunately, whetstone is the only other trinket I have right now.

MellvarTank
11-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Due to the Execute cap at 35 rage, it is pointless to spam it. I would use it in place of heroic strike in your rotation at 20%, but do not spam it, it will get you a loss in dps.

Get that blacksmithing up, socket your gloves and bracers.

Do you have something to monitor your slam procs? (I use Mik's scrolling battle text with an audible alarm for slam! procs, but any will work...) Do not use your slam in place of WW/BT.

I can't look at the armory right now, but gemming should be Expertise (if not at 26/26), Strength, and the minimum gemming to active your meta (if its 2 red and one blue, you would put a purple gem in, for example). Don't even consider ArP until you are pretty much at the cap passively (from gear).

Manage your rage properly. The difference in 2200-3500 DPS is usually how you are managing your rage. Don't be afraid to not use a global cooldown if you need rage. Really watch your HS usage, that is usually the culprit of rage starvation.

LtDann
11-18-2009, 10:41 AM
execute once, don't spam, got it! : ) not using Heroic strike unless everything on cooldown and then only if 100/100 rage and THEN only sometimes. I found in other sites (cough) and here that HS is not what it used to be. BS is my next adventure.
Yes, I have Elkano's to monitor slam proc.
expertise at 19
so, sunder armor may be a better alternative than gemming for armpen at the this point? and add expertise gems until 26. What about the info I've seen about soft hitcap at 363 for fury?

MellvarTank
11-18-2009, 11:15 AM
O_o

Hit cap with full spec into precision is sitting closer to 167 (or something like that). You need 8% total, so if you have 3% from precision then you only need 5%... now if you have a dranei in the group (or are one) then you only need 4% (racial 1% bonus from heroic presence).

Talho
11-18-2009, 12:55 PM
It seems that you dont have any badge 232 conquest gear or crafted raid ToC gear yet? Keep running the daily heroic for 2 triumph badges and try to get into 10 ToC asap for more triumph badges...Also if you are willing to spend gold, you can buy many crafted raid ToC gear (namely the 245 chest and bracers) which are near best in slot and Darkmoon Card:Greatness trinket

Also spend some gold for dual Berserking enchants (enchant mats are cheaper nowadays)

Try changing your Armor penetration gems for strength gems, you are fury so you get extra 20% to your strength stats

LtDann
11-19-2009, 05:33 AM
Thank you to everyone that took their time to help me. All the answers have been of great assistance. I knew this community was a good one !