PDA

View Full Version : How much of the game content do people see these days

woodyman
11-17-2009, 05:48 AM
Just seems these days half the content can be easily skipped.
I remember levelling and pretty much exploring every piece of most continants
doing numerous quests in places like redridge and being amazed at bumping into anyone lvl 60.

How much of TBC etc do people even see these days and does anyone even bother upgrading along the way.
Maybe its just the way i see things now looking down from the top.
but i sometimes feel like getting a great book and reading the first 5 pagews then skipping to the end.

When the embs of triumph drop in hc's i no doubt ulduar will become obselete an naxx will be like the tin of treacle in my nans cupboard.
A thing of myth and legend :P:P

Kazeyonoma
11-17-2009, 11:04 AM
Meh, it always happens, as new content comes out old content becomes obsolete. I still find one of the funnest things though is grabbing a few guildies and going back to old world raids and getting achievements or killing that boss that wiped me so many times.

AQ40 runs at 70 was one of my most memorable moments before wotlk came out. and even at 70, C'thun kicked our ass.

HarassMe
11-18-2009, 09:02 AM
i have recently come back to the game, after stopping just before WotLK came out.

I will say this, the game is most definitely geared to push you through the vanilla content and get you into the expansions, ASAP.

With the addition of being able to pick up mounts earlier and the costs of just about everything being lower, things are just easier.

Also, with the advent of things like Carbonite and Quest Helper... a lot of people just follow whereever the next arrow points them, there is no more aimless wandering and wondering whether the mobs your fighting will actually drop the item you're looking for.

Its a blessing and a curse... sure it is much easier to grind through quest after quest and get to the "meat" of the game (IE - northrend 5/10/25 man instances) but its at the cost of a lot of the original content being overlooked or completely ignored.

I was really disappointed at the lack of people running lower level instances. My first play through, i loved something about every single one. Now, noone wants to mess with them if they're not part of an expansion. There are plenty of people in the appropriate level ranges... just noone willing to put forth the effort. I really hope the advent of this new LFG system, changes that...

orcstar
11-18-2009, 04:59 PM
I have recenlty done Molten Core. 2 manned with my Brother. We're going to see what's next on the list.
Also with 8 guildies we Killed Kael'Thas in the hopes of getting the mount.

Sanelora
11-19-2009, 08:03 AM
Meh, it always happens, as new content comes out old content becomes obsolete. I still find one of the funnest things though is grabbing a few guildies and going back to old world raids and getting achievements or killing that boss that wiped me so many times.

AQ40 runs at 70 was one of my most memorable moments before wotlk came out. and even at 70, C'thun kicked our ass.

**** dont know about C'thun's stomach.

I loved AQ40 at 70

edit: language

Sanelora
11-19-2009, 08:07 AM
I have recenlty done Molten Core. 2 manned with my Brother. We're going to see what's next on the list.
Also with 8 guildies we Killed Kael'Thas in the hopes of getting the mount.

Good luck getting that mount. I loved that boss at 70. All this is bringing back warm memories of when i played :3

I loved all of the raids at 70.

I hope that even at 80 Brut, Felmyst and M'uru give a full raid of noobs troubles. :p

Trork
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
**** dont know about C'thun's stomach.

I loved AQ40 at 70
I loved AQ40 at 60, was very intense! :D
Edit: language

ttocs
11-20-2009, 12:23 AM
Eyes, Claws, C'thun

Ereshkigal
11-20-2009, 05:31 AM
I started playing in TBC and dinged 70 shortly before the ZA patch so I missed out on most of the vanilla raid content. We organise a lot of guildruns to the old raids now which always is a lot of fun. Wiping 1 hour on the Twins in Aq40 because people believed 'strategy' doesn't exist anymore at level 80 in level 60 raids, was a real eye opener if you compare it to the current content.

I remember spending hours in LFG to find a group for Stratholme and Scholomance, or any of the Blackrock Mountain instances while they are, in my opinion, one of the best instances ever made in the game. I still hear a lot of my guildies say they didn't see any of them... and they have a hard time believing that doing BRD with 5 people (so no boost) took 4 hours if not longer. I personally think people skipping most of the old world content miss out on a lot. I felt amazed each time I made a new discovery while levelling, or stumbling upon places like Alcaz island. The best stories of lore are forgotten that way, which really is a waste.