PDA

View Full Version : Long Q; Having a hard time giving up OON

Ironminded
11-16-2009, 04:32 PM
My Armory is;

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dawnbringer&n=Anastias)

I'm still rocking OON and am having a hard time giving it up. I have not really seen any major upgrades drop so it has not become an issue, yet.

However, I'm having a hard time convincing myself that if and when a 232 staff or pole drops I should take it over OON.

If the 245 version of Ony's pole drops I don't have any problem taking that, mostly because of the large increase in stam I will see [ from 150>180]. But other than that and weapons out of HM's in TOTGC I'm having a hard time convincing myself that any of the 232 weapons are an upgrade.

I think the root of the problem is twofold; 1. I'm trying to push my EH as high as I can get it, and the 700 armor on OON [while not affected by bear modifiers] is still 700 armor, 2. I'm not currently having any problems with threat. These two factors combine to make me think that, for the limited raiding I do, OON is still one of if not the best item I have access to. That raiding mostly consists of TOTC10, some 25 and Ony and VOA.

I realize that EH is not the end-all-be-all, and I have different sets for different contingencies. Specfically, I have DMC:G, Etrigg's Oath, and the armor trink out of Naxx for those fights that call for them. Additionally, I will be picking up the Glyph of Indom. when I have the emblems of it, after I snag the ring.

I also get that there will be a significant boost to my f-atp, and that will boost not only threat but also SD procs. I guess I'm just looking for some math to back up taking something with a higher i-lvl than OON and giving up the armor while not making a considerable gain in stam to offset the EH hit I will take.

One separate question; I'm currently using the crafted 226 belt, I'm wondering if I should consider taking the EH hit by picking up the Conq emblem belt for its expertise?

And one last question; What do people think about OON or Ony's 245 pole vs. the new 251 two-handed mace from the QD quest?

Lightborn Spire - Items - Sigrie (http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/50052/lightborn-spire/)

Again, EH whore that I tend to be, I like the exp. on it, and the loads of agi, but want more stam.

geros
11-17-2009, 05:06 AM
I did some quick work in rawr and calculated you at 72.869% fully raid buffed armor mitigation with the OoN and 72.437% with the 232 bearstrike. On a 80,000 unmitigated hit and with your avoidance, I figure that's a 158.98 incoming DPS increase. That's a pretty hard hitting boss though. Probably harder hitting than you're seeing in the content you do. I'd consider that to be within healers overhealing margin personally.

You gain a good deal of threat points in rawr (which in addition to TPS increases also means a DPS increase, helping kill the boss faster).

In regards to the crafted belt, if you replace the current belt you'll go under the hit cap sans space goat. Hit is equivalent point for point or even a little better once you a dodge capped for TPS. The problem is that you're wasting 20 points of hit rating in that slot. If you reliably get a space goat then consider using the twilight assasins belt for TPS.

The lightborn spire is a pretty good staff for a bear and so far the armor items in ICC seem to be missing expertise. I don't know if I like it more than the 245 weapons from h:ToC 10 or the 258 weapons from h:toc 25 but it's probably a good choice over the 245 bearstrike.

*edit* I'm stupid and you're above the expertise softcap with primal precision.

Ironminded
11-17-2009, 08:06 AM
I guess the issue right now is I'm having a hard time planing my upgrades as my raiding is pretty sporadic and doesn't really involve much TOTGC or TOTC25, which is where the clear upgrades are going to come from for me prior to ICC.

In looking at the ICC stuff I noticed the marked lack of hit/exp. on feral gear and am starting to get worried. The armor and stam that will come with the upgrades to at least 251 ilvl gear will be nice but the hit my threat will take from the massive loss of hit/exp is starting to scare me.

I also think my non-issue with threat may be due to running with subpar dps rather than any particular skill on my part. The reason being, last night I ran with a well established raiding guild in VOA, and had one of their ferals and a lock riding me on omen. That is the first time I have seen that, and it makes me think the dps I'm used to is lacking, not that I am particularly skilled or well geared.

This makes me think that LBS will be a necessary upgrade for me, and the loss of any armor from OON will be off-set by picking up Clutch of Fort. and other ilvl251 items especially the cloak and other peices that don't usually have bonus armor on them.

felhoof
11-17-2009, 09:37 AM
You should grab the staff anyway, if only so that you can clear heroics faster.

And yes, if you're not being pushed it's your DPS fault, not your skill. Quite simply druid threat without a good weapon is not that great.