PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my Toon Overall

clayton702
11-16-2009, 12:02 PM
Hey guys, i have been watching all of the tankspot videos for a while now, and i have to say they really helped me figure out the fights before i got in and looked like an idiot. so thanks for that. i have also been looking at the forums for a while now, but never really had a reason to join or post anything seeing as i was feral DPS and didnt really need any help.

But now however, I have Switched what looks like just a few points around in my feral tree and now ima tank. lol. and i just need some help/pointers on where i should go from here. i have for the most part some good gear, except for my trinks and a ring. so i just wanted some fellow druid tanks to give me some pointers on where i should go from my current position. heres some basic info and an armory of my druid.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bloodscalp&n=Zco)
( As you cant really tell how much of anything i really have because im not in bear ill post my stats straight from my Character Pane. )

Unbuffed w/o MOTW/GOTW

Armor = 27737 Reduced DMG = 64.55
HP = 35817
Def rating 427 (i was told by a guildie that feral druids dont need it)
Dodge = 38.63

now self buffed with MOTW

Armor = 28899 Reduced DMG = 65.48
HP = 36567
Def rating doesnt change
Dodge = 39.43

Sorry for any typos i didnt see and for the long post, but i just need to know if im doing everything right.

Let me know if you need any other information.

Darksend
11-16-2009, 01:50 PM
Wrong helm enchant, but i think same vendor so honest albeit costly mistake

second trinket needs to go, heroic AN or 10 yogg

top ring needs to go, DTK or the new badge ring.

probably want to regem those legs to 30 stams also

what are you planning on doing though?

Viridios
11-16-2009, 03:08 PM

What he said. Also, you're way over hit cap for bears; it may not help out due to which pieces you have, but you can drop 95 hit out of your set.

Your guildie friend is right, sorta. Druids do not use defense to become crit immune; Survival of the Fittest does that via talents. However, defense is still useful for us, though not as useful as other stats [point for point] at your level of gearing. This is not to say defense is bad; it still adds dodge and miss chance [.08% / point total iirc?]

Work on your JC; get at least 370. That will give you Dragon's Eyes to socket for additional stam.

clayton702
11-16-2009, 05:35 PM

For my second Trinket, your saying AN 10 yogg is an Ulduar?

and i just got JC to 450 today so i got the Titan frost ring with 120+ stam and a yellow socket, put the 50+ stam Dragons eye in there thats around 200 stam just from a ring. and also AN as in Azjul'Nerub? right?

I am planning on starting to do raids with my guild, i have the OT spot so im just trying to be as helpful to the main tank as a can. as far as which raids were doing 10 Uld, Ony 10 25, VoA 10 25, and ToC10 but i dont think im ready for that yet?

Darksend
11-16-2009, 05:38 PM
Heroic AN, for essence of gossomer

or 10 yogg for king llane. Even though the use is parry it is a lot of stam

Viridios
11-18-2009, 10:09 AM
Another good one is Black Heart, from ToC5-Normal. And since it's off of the last boss, you don't have to play the double roll loot lottery with it like DPS does with the Banner of Victory.

Actually, I'd put the Heart over Essence and probably the King Llane, depending on the fight - Llane for pure magic damage / pure spikes from magic [ie, Mimiron / Sarth], but Heart for anything involving melee hits. It's also much, much easier to obtain.

Edit: Removed a line about a prof-specific trinket, for some reason I thought he had that prof..