PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Advice on my Pala Tank

jonny462
11-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Hey guys, I've read a lot on this site and tried to make my tank the best he can be. This is my first time posting and I would like someone to take a look at my gear, tell me any improvements I might be able to make, also look at my spec. I can tank any hc and most raids with my current gear, but I'm always looking for improvements.

I am farming Toc10 and Uldar25 with my guild, and doing dailies for rep with sons of hodir (for enchants).

Armory Link:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Steppes&n=Naria)

EDIT: the armory hasnt updated yet with my tank gear (even tho ive been wearing it since last night). might show me as retri pvp..

Thanks,
Naria

jonny462
11-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Armory finally updated with my prot spec and armor. not sure what happened. I only done 1bg lol...

Any Advice would be great.

Thanks,
Jonny

Irat
11-16-2009, 06:58 PM
Hey Mate,

Ill start with Spec:

Imo you are over spent in the Prot tree, firstly Divinity really isn’t a good talent. It reads like it will be but I have yet to find a healer that can tell the difference between me having it on or not. Which kinda leads to the next point, after core talents you should only need to spend 3 points to get past level 5 in the prot tree. The options for these 3 points are Divinity (very questionable survivability), Devine Sacrifice and Devine Guardian (Utility) and Reckoning (Threat) so pick the one that most suits your play style but try not to go over the 3 points. Then further down the Prot tree you should be able to drop one point out of SA without seeing any effect on your mana (unless you are tanking Vezax regularly).

This gives you a spare 6 points to go into SoTP in holy or to go further down the Ret tree. Vindication in the Ret tree is almost mandatory imo it is a massive reduction in boss damage. As to the choice between SoTP and Crusade, crusade wins unless you aren’t fighting DUH (Daemon, Undead, Humanoid) mobs which means crusade is better for ToC but SoTP is better for Ulduar.

Glyphs… interesting one, Devine plea is a must. Consecrate tells me you aren’t using the 96969 rotation, which means you have some more reading to do. Jere has an awesome write-up on our rotation here:

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/42445-paladin-threat-dps-rotation.html (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/42445-paladin-threat-dps-rotation.html)

Once you have that down your second glyph should be SoV, it is a massive amount of threat from a glyph slot.

I’m not going to comment to much on what gear you should be chasing that is much more of about what you have access to and if you are farming ToC10 and Uldaur25 you should see that change pretty quick. I will say that you need to have a look at some of your gemming. Basically socket bonus less then 9Stam really aren’t worth chasing. So for you that means you can re-gem your Shoulders, Boots and pants and not really lose out on much.

jonny462
11-17-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the quick reply. I looked into my spec and am changing it around to test out, will see how it goes with the 969696 rotation.

I also removed consecration glyph for SoV. will be doing guild runs of Toc10 tonight. can try it out :)

Thank you,
Naira