PDA

View Full Version : Arms Aggro

woodyman
11-16-2009, 03:18 AM
Im an arms warrior doin about 3k dps
and im finding aggro to be a real issue sometimes

as most other arms warrs prob know altho its 3k with the right procs an a bit of luck ur dps / aggro can spike pretty majorly

issue im having (mainly on pugs for hc's) is im waiting everytime for tank to get grip on all
im doing a rotation or even 2 b4 bladestorm

then i coincide my trink procs with bladestorm an sweeping strikes just to keep my dps reasonable
and bham aggroo shortly followed by an upset healer or death

anyone else have this issue?

Spazlord
11-16-2009, 08:10 AM
Yeah, arms aggro is pretty rough I find. My strategy for heroics is to pick a real squishy target that isn't the tanks focus, and kill it myself. I usually pull aggro on it, but I use all that rage to pop Sweeping Strikes and Cleave. ^^ Healers don't always like it, I try to get a feel for how they can keep my up.

Sometimes I just wait a bit while the tank sorts out the pull.

I also keep my switch to Def Stance and equip Shield/1h macro pretty handy!

woodyman
11-16-2009, 08:30 AM
lol good plan may have to use that macro!!

Mačl
11-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Healers expect dps warriors to pull aggro from one of five mobs. Just make sure you pick the right one.
When I tank I always put vigilance on DPS warriors. It does annoy the tank more than the healer. Believe me. There's hardly anything you can do about it.

Nowadays everybody simply aoes his way thru the 5mans. A high threat single target DD will be a problem.

Talho
11-18-2009, 11:28 AM
just try not to worry about the repair costs so much lol....just bladestorm, pop retaliation and hope the healer can keep you up, its part of the fun in heroic 5mans...

ScaryGary
11-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Yea with the right healer you could probably just about tank some of the 5 mans. If something starts attacking me I just focus it down real fast.

Spazlord
11-19-2009, 12:02 AM
We've done some melee train, 4 dps and a healer heroics and they are all kinds of fun! Everything just explodes.

Deathsupply
11-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Just nuke and bring a druid healer lol :P and a good tank who won't boot you from the group and likes a challenge in threat o.O

It will only get worse as your gear gets better. I pull 7-8k tps sometimes when procs/crits are going nuts.

Khilbron
11-20-2009, 03:53 AM
I'm completely ToC25 geared full triumph with Dual-Blade Butcher, so when i dps heroics i expect to tank all the trash, and half the boss fights. I can back down my dps rotation, or give the tank 10 seconds to get threat, but i think i speak for most warriors when i say, seriously that cuts into my BIG NUMBERS! :-P but no seriously a good tank wont lose threat to any dps'er in a heroic outside of the raider who wants badges, even in a trash pull, its all about knowing your tanking rotations, and cycling through all of the npc's that your tanking to keep a constant flow of threat on them all.

jettzypher
11-20-2009, 04:58 AM
warriors need some form of aggro dump, especially arms.