PDA

View Full Version : Bear threat issue

Apocalipsus
11-13-2009, 04:50 PM
Hello everyone.
I have discovered this amasing site some time ago but only now i've decided to make my first post.

I'm having some trouble generating threat with my bear druid, on single target mobs.
Yesterday on a 10men onyxia run, i found myself doing around 5k tps (acording to omen) sometimes hiting 6k-7k when i get some crit with abilitys, on the trash mobs . The thing was that the offtank, a paladin was pulling a steady 6k, sometimes hiting 8k tps on the mob i was tanking. We both have similar lvl gear, and i think im using the right rotation:

Pull with Feral Faerie Fire (FFF)
Mangle
FFF when its off CD
Mangle when its off cd
Lacerate on mangle and FFF CD (replaced with swipe when 5 stacks are up)
Maul up every atack. (rage was not a problem there)

We had a party more melee wise so i got all melee buffs (kings, might, and horn of winter)
This numbers are not very far from what i get (im pulling them out of my memory) when im buffed:
6kAP, 45% crit, hit caped, 38 exp

Anyway this is my gear:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Grim+Batol&n=Apocapt)
I know i have 2 much hit, working to replace some gear. And that pvp writs im still looking for a replace (a suggestion here would be really apreatiated)
Other then that i think a new weapon will help me a lot (maybe)

Thanks for the patience of reading my post.

felhoof
11-13-2009, 05:04 PM
In general, a similarly geared paladin will out-threat you. As long as you're doing enough threat to deal with the mobs, this shouldn't be a problem.

It doesn't sound like you're doing anything mechanically wrong. Gear wise, you should use the Idol of Corrupter, pick up the runed orb crafted boots and belt (Death warmed and footpads of silence), try and get Bracers of Swift Death - and yes, upgrade your weapon. That alone will be a huge upgrade to your threat, as I found out myself recently (ohai, Twin's Pact).

Your spec is fine for threat as well, so there's not a lot to change there.

Really, a normal 5k TPS sounds like it's about right for your gear level.

geros
11-14-2009, 06:19 AM
Mongoose on weapon would also give you a slight boost in TPS/DPS.

Apocalipsus
11-14-2009, 06:38 AM
HI all again.
Thanks for the tips you gave me. Im curretly trying to get the polearm from onyxia or the staff from twin valkyrs on toc 25 (never seen them drop :( ) Hoping to get some better tps then.
Thanks