PDA

View Full Version : Bear Tank Ready for TOC25 MT or TOGC 10?

cacspitbull
11-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Hello all,
I MT ToC 10 regular no problem and was wondering if TOC 25 I would be a viable MT.

Here are my stats in Bear form unbuff:

Hps: 41657
Armor: 29054
Def Rat 435
Dodge 39.74%
Hit Rat 274
Exp 35 or 212 Exp rating
Crit 37.61 or 264 rating

I can get the glyph of indomitability to add 1750 armor but reduces my dps down to 39167 all other stats won't change.

Any help on gear or chants are helpful too.

my armor link is
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Proudmoore&n=Eavy)

Eavy Proudmoore incase link still won't work

at the time I had broken leggings on but like the armor/hps and bonus value of the malfurions badge legs.

TY TY for any advice

felhoof
11-13-2009, 06:23 PM
I'm always tempted to say 'if you have to ask, you're not ready' but I won't be that smart ass tonight :)

Your stats seem perfectly reasonable to tank anything, in terms of stam/armor/avoidance. Well, your armor is a smidgen low, but it's nothing horrible and shouldn't stop you. It's certainly fine for 10-man heroic; I did my first 10man togc with much worse gear and stats than that.

I don't have armory access, but in general you'll want the glyph - but not for beasts. You want high stamina for beasts. Jaraxxus, FC and Twins can use almost anything. Anub would definitely favor glyph.

You're really, really fine for 25-man normal. 25-man hard may be a bit dicey.

cacspitbull
11-13-2009, 06:31 PM
Thank you for the confirmation. I felt ready but certain peeps in questioned my gear and I wanted to affirm I was on right on my thinking before sounding off.

Thank you for taking the time to answer.

insertname
11-14-2009, 05:43 AM
Hi just a couple of comments on your talents and glyphs. I don't know if the armory data is up to date, so this may be irrelevant, but here goes: - don't pass up Improved Mark of the wild - it's a flat 2% improvement to all attributes. gor 3/5 furor - looks like you have a cat/bear hybrid build. Depending on the rest of your raid composition, you may have to pick up IW and 5/5 Feral aggression. Unless someone in your raid can provide them. I have not tried TotGC either, but my understanding is that you really want demo shout and any damage reduction up all the time - glyph full bear as well e.g. Survival Instinct, Frenzied Regen, possibly growl in order not not miss a taunt on Gormok best of luck

geros
11-14-2009, 06:25 AM
I suggest using the glyphs like trinkets. Slap Growl in there when you need it and go maul/frenzied/SI when you don't need to taunt on command. If you don't need to tank multiple targets then sub out maul.

cacspitbull
11-14-2009, 07:53 PM
Thank you both for your comments!

I passed on Improved MOW because my understanding is if we have healing druids that have IMOW then I can use those talents elsewhere. Pleas let me know if I misread this talent and its only applicable to my own stats.

As for the glyphs, Yes, i'm changing out the rake, that was primary a Heroic instance tanking and I do need to change that out for growl. TY!

"gor 3/5 furor - looks like you have a cat/bear hybrid build. Depending on the rest of your raid composition, you may have to pick up IW and 5/5 Feral aggression."

Sorry, I don't understand this comment, please elaborate what gor 3/5 furor is? As for IW, I was thinking this might be something to use but at the moment we have a feral cat in our raids so wasn't sure if its stackable with 2 druids.

Hmm I never thought to change out glyphs per boss fight. I like that idea especially since our bank is full on herbs!

Again Ty both for the feedback!

insertname
11-14-2009, 09:21 PM
Sorry it was meant to be "go for 3/5 furor". What I meant is that you are taking some talents that benefit only cat form such as predatory instinct or shredding attacks. I assume that's because you also do some cat dps, but I think in order to tank Heroic TotC you need to be fully "bear specced". Some of the experienced TotCG tanks can tell you better than I can. The 2% increase in IMOW only applies to your stats if you have the talent, so it's well worth it. if you get it, you will not have enough to put 5 points in furor. you'll only be able to put 3 points there which means you may have to shift in an out of bear a few times in order to get the initial 10 rage boost provided by Furor (since with 3 point you'll only have a 60% change of getting it). Small thing to trade off for 2% more stats. Infected wounds and improved demo roar are only needed if someone else in your raid is not providing those. Often warriors will be able to provide improved demo shout (they also have to talent it). Similarly the slow attack speed IW debuff can be provided by other tanks (frost DK, Warrior tank or Pally tank I believe, although I think warrior and dk also need to talent it). It's unlikely that a cat druid would have it talented if they are specced for full dps, (I know i never do) but they might. Only one person needs it in the raid.

geros
11-15-2009, 05:44 AM
I think the last time a discussion ensued on 5/5 furor in relation to bear specs people ended up dead. Unless you build a whacky 55/16 spec that is intended to be a single target only build (imp mangle and MSS) that drops 5/5 ferocity, you probably don't need to ensure you have 40 rage 100% of the time. The 2% to all attributes is generally the better choice.

felhoof
11-16-2009, 09:02 AM
2% on all stats is a no-brainer. Imp MotW is not an optional skill - it gives you 2% to all your stats. If you think that is somehow worse than having a better chance of getting 10 rage when you shift to bear, you really shouldn't be tanking.