PDA

View Full Version : Useful Raid/Raidleading Addons

Prancy
11-12-2009, 04:26 PM
A quick search yielded no topics, ergo, the creation of this post whose purpose is to compile a list of addons which are specifically geared towards making raiding and/or raid leading easier/smoother/more successful.

I'll start us off which the ones I use (these can all be found on curse, I didn't include links because I'm currently using the curse client, which i recommend, if there's enough request I can go find links and include them):

Raid Tracker: Keeps track of EVERYTHING looted in an instance, you can view loot by boos, rarity and see who was present for each loot. Uses: keeping track of who got what to keep loot whoring to a minimum.

Deadly Boss Mods: Yells at you to get out of the fire, provides useful timers (major boss ability cooldowns, enrages, etc.), can display a boss health percentage frame. This is a big one, if you don't have it or a similar type mod you probably should go download it right NOW (unless you're just that leet)

EnsidiaFails: This is a failbot rehashed since failbot was discontinued. I find it useful to NOT spam raid chat with fails but instead broadcast the info to officer chat so that those of us leading the raid know who failed on what and address the problem as we see fit.

Grid: A replacement for the blizzard raid frames. As a tank/dps I don't have it configured in any special way aside from things I can cleanse and who has sacred shield active on them. I find myself using it most to tell whos out of range (who needs a summon) and who's dead.

Omen Threat Meter: I didn't bother using a threat meter for most of wrath, until I started raiding with an overzealous warlock and a feral druid who both like to pull aggro from time to time. (figures the 2 top dps in my group would be the 2 classes w/o a reliable aggro dump).

Pally Power: Management for Paladin buffs, makes deciding who should buff what incredibly easy since it shows who has the improved versions. Recent iterations have support for aura management as well. You should only need this if you're a paladin since any paladin w/ assist in the raid can set it up.

RaidBuffStatus: I get the most questions about this one. Its basically a check on the whole raid to see if they have all the buffs they need the interface will tell you how many people are missing certain buffs and on mouseover of the particular buff show who is missing it and who can do the buff. It also announces in raid warnings when things like fish feasts and healthstones are set up.

Recount: A damage/dps/healing/damage taken/all purpose meter. Handy for making sure all your raiders are pulling their weight. Also tells fun things like whos died the most in your raid.

RollTracker Lite: A small addon that pops up a window which collects /rolls. It only shows up when a /roll happens so its very un-obtrusive. Also shows when someone rolls more than once or rolls out of the 1-100 range.

BigBrother: Sounds similar to RaidBuffStatus. Shows flasks / elixirs / pally bugs / priest, druid, mage buff. Also useful for outputting things like tank taunts.

If you have dbm you should look into the 2 below:

Spell Timers: Great for tracking who's innervate, rebirth, heroism, etc is on cooldown. As certain raid oriented spells are cast they show up

Raid Lead Tools: Pull detection, IIRC this allows for you to setup a "pst me the word "inviteme" for raid invite. Makes getting 25 people into a raid fast

Since I don't use DBM any more (I'm a bigger fan of Deus Vox Encounters) I now use

RaidCooldowns: Also tracks raidwide spell cooldowns. I'd assume the DBM addon would be lighter on memory if I used DBM

FactionChamp: Only good for TOTC but I use for marking the faction champs and recall what they were so marking in the event of a wipe is seamless.

GearScore: They've fixed their network pile driving routines and improved greatly. Before people shout "gear doesn't dictate skill" it doest dictate maximum potential. Teaming this with recount, I can see what gear someone has and their DPS and compare it to someone else. It's useful for saying "raider A has an average iLevel of 219 and you're 232, we need to help you"

Headcount: Also tracks loot history of current and past raids. So many times I've used this to recall what dropped last night, plus it can directly export to text so I can post drops on our forums

LoggerHead: Remembers your settings for enable the combat log for log analysis sites like WowWebStats

I'm sure I'm missing some things I use but hopefully some people will find addons they really get some good use out of.

Thanks what I've got anyone else have more to contribute?

Fusik
11-12-2009, 04:33 PM
EPGP system. Lost of guilds use it, and as a side note members should install it to keep track of where they are on in the list. As in position and such.

epgp (dkp reloaded) - Addons - Curse (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/epgp-dkp-reloaded.aspx)

Xillian
12-08-2009, 12:33 PM
Great start thus far and a good thread. (whee I can actually be of use in my first post)

Here are some addons I find useful:

BigBrother: Sounds similar to RaidBuffStatus. Shows flasks / elixirs / pally bugs / priest, druid, mage buff. Also useful for outputting things like tank taunts.

If you have dbm you should look into the 2 below:

Spell Timers: Great for tracking who's innervate, rebirth, heroism, etc is on cooldown. As certain raid oriented spells are cast they show up

Raid Lead Tools: Pull detection, IIRC this allows for you to setup a "pst me the word "inviteme" for raid invite. Makes getting 25 people into a raid fast

Since I don't use DBM any more (I'm a bigger fan of Deus Vox Encounters) I now use

RaidCooldowns: Also tracks raidwide spell cooldowns. I'd assume the DBM addon would be lighter on memory if I used DBM

FactionChamp: Only good for TOTC but I use for marking the faction champs and recall what they were so marking in the event of a wipe is seamless.

GearScore: They've fixed their network pile driving routines and improved greatly. Before people shout "gear doesn't dictate skill" it doest dictate maximum potential. Teaming this with recount, I can see what gear someone has and their DPS and compare it to someone else. It's useful for saying "raider A has an average iLevel of 219 and you're 232, we need to help you"

Headcount: Also tracks loot history of current and past raids. So many times I've used this to recall what dropped last night, plus it can directly export to text so I can post drops on our forums

LoggerHead: Remembers your settings for enable the combat log for log analysis sites like WowWebStats

I'm sure I'm missing some things I use but hopefully some people will find addons they really get some good use out of.

Prancy
12-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks for the contributions, I added your suggestions to the top post for easier reference.

Keep um commin' everyone!

Marksmage
02-06-2010, 04:39 AM
Fatality is nice to notify chosen channel of when deaths occur and what happened to the dead player/s.

Ryoku
02-06-2010, 05:10 AM
Hello, personally I would maybe add Elitist Group, it is quite usefull. It analyses the gemming, enchanting and the items a player is waering.
Here (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/elitistgroup.aspx)

Acheronia
02-10-2010, 02:24 AM
For anyone using the EPGP system I would recommend using EPGP Lootmaster. It requires everyone in the raid to have it active, but wow.. it makes loot distribution such a breeze!

Nalda
02-16-2010, 01:47 AM
I use one called oRA2 (http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/ora2.aspx), downloadable from Curse, which I find quite helpful. You can create a mass invite by rank, level, or zone, and set an auto-promote list, or promote all guild. It also has all the old CT Raid Assist features, like MT Frames.

Mostly, I just use it to take the hassle out of forming a raid: with one click I spam guild chat with a message "Raid invites will go out to all Raider Rank and above in 10 seconds. Please leave your groups." Then a raid is formed, officers promoted to assist, and it's set to master looter. Done.

Shortypop
02-16-2010, 02:13 AM
I'd second the oRA2 comment, also if you're using Grid, be sure to use "RaidStatusDebuffs" which shows all boss related debuffs on Grid, very useful for spotting vampires etc. Out of interest, I assume things like Headcount only track who the ML gives loot to, not if it gets traded around after that (as often happens with us)?

Acheronia
02-16-2010, 10:57 PM
@Shortypop - That's right, Headcount doesn't track the trade of an item after it's been awarded. But it's easy to change. There's a loot function on the right of the panel, and there you can change the new recipient of the loot.