PDA

View Full Version : Felt to squishy on ONY

redneck6979
11-12-2009, 10:17 AM
Here is a link to Wow-Heroes (http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Earthen%20Ring&name=jreb) since its seems the Armory doesn't like me this morning.

I guess my question is this. How am I geared?, what do i need to focus on, why did i fell squishy last night, ect...

Last night in our regular 10 man Ony run something with the group felt off, our overall DPS was low but being the tank my main concern is that I felt squishy. This wasnt our first attempt at her but it felt like she was beyond us last night. After a few attempts and wipes we decided to leave her for this weekend and headed to Ulduar, in there things "felt better" has the healers seemed to be keeping me topped off more.

We didnt have our normal heals in last night but had healers that should have been capable enough to keep us up. I dont want to turn this into a "The heals should have been better" thread which is why I am consulting with the Tanking gods...and Tank spot too.

We have done Ony, TotC, Ulduar ect, we are a strictly 10 man content guild so im not looking for answers like "you need to run 25 mans" ect.

Thank you for your time.

Unfurth
11-12-2009, 10:27 AM
Onyxia hits pretty hard with a lot of unavoidable damage (fire breaths). Stacking more stamina would put you in a better position to outlast the bursts where a melee/cleave is followed by a fire breath w/o enough time for heals to keep you up. If you've got any stamina trinkets I'd suggest using them over the Dodge trinket and maybe even the Ony trinket.

Theotherone
11-12-2009, 10:30 AM
You're geared fine for Ony, 10 or 25; probably just an off night - it happens. I notice I always feel squishier on the nights when my main healer's favorite sports teams are on TV; my point being, there's no accounting for distractions that you don't know about. We all assume everyone else in raid is focusing to the same extent we are, and that's not always the case. It's just as a tank, you feel it more when it's a healer.

Your gems could use a bit of an upgrade - you're leaving 780 HP on the table by not using the Solid Majestic Zircon.