PDA

View Full Version : Fury Dps Advice (gear/etc)

Doppler
11-12-2009, 08:51 AM
So, as my first time posting here on tankspot i think i posted in the wrong section (i posted on the dps section)

so ill just copypaste it into here:

So, here i am posting on tankspot for the first time. For all the years i've been playing wow, i've been prot. Since lvl 10. And im pretty good at it, my prot gear is very decent (mostly togc 10 and toc 25) and i've been maintaking so far. Well, recently my guild has got a plentora of tanks, and as there were (and still there are) none warrior dps, my guild leader asked if i would like to make a respec. I thought about it and why not? Im plenty geared for tanking when icecrown comes out anyway, and able to tank any content (except togc 25 which my guild does not run) so i thought it would be a good opportunity to see the other side of my class. For days i studied the basics (and still, i think i know only the basics), got some togc10 gear, some toc 25 gear, but have beem removed from the main group (where i was tanking) because i simply do not put much dps. Sure, i can put 6k if there are 2 boss (twin valkyrs, or any add situation), but for single target i barely hit the 4.2-4.5k. I know my weapons sux atm, but i have not been lucky with the drops (really, nothing better have dropped and we're farming ulduar 10 hard, toc 10/25, ony 10/25 etc.)

i dunno if i have the right gems, yeah, i will replace the expertise enchant on my gloves, and currently i do:
ww > bt > gcd(slam or heroic strike, depends on proc/rage) Bt > ww > repeat.

at 20% i replace heroic strike for Execute

i always burn out my cooldowns together (orc racial + recklesness + deathwish)

Any thoughts at all in which i should change (i know about the weapons), trinkets/gems/enchants or any tips on how i can improve myself, will be much appreciated.

my current armory link is
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&n=doppler)
(armory may be outdated, i got the anub 25 plate dps boots today and put tuskar vitality + 20 str)

tl;dr : warrior recently changed to fury having dps problems. Discuss anything i might be doing/having wrong.

Thegreatme
11-12-2009, 09:01 AM
there really aren't any major issues with your gear, but there are some things you could change.

Gemming for crit generally isn't going to bring you as much of a DPS increase as gemming for pure str would (unless you are doing it to get a very nice socket bonus). because you are using the 21agi +3% crit dmg meta I would suggest you change your purple gem to a nightmare tear (+10 all stats) and change all of your str/crit gems to pure str gems.

you are also well above the expertise cap so if possible you shuld attempt to drop some of it because you do not want to be above 26.

If you have any parses of your raids available they would be very helpful in determining if you have any rotation issues.

Doppler
11-12-2009, 09:13 AM
WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/detail/256754246#damageout)

this is for the last anub 25 we did
i was kinda laggy and got DC at bloodlust (phase 3)

but its all i got for this week :/

oh and for the expertise: all the expertise (except the glove enchant ill be trading) is from gear, and i dunno if i can rid of it now :(

Thegreatme
11-12-2009, 09:32 AM
For anub you had a combat time of 450 seconds, but your DPS time was 348 seconds

this means that ideally you would be able to do 87 bloodthirst during the fight. You used bloodthirst 47 times.

your whirlwind hits are also very low, I can't give you an ideal number of hits because there are adds and that will scew things.

it seems like you are having rotation problems because you aren't using you abilities as much as you could be. Now I noticed that you weren't getting a WF type haste buff, there also no major armor debuff on anub (no sunders/expose).

these buffs/debuffs will have a major impact on your rage generation and therefore your DPS.

Doppler
11-12-2009, 10:03 AM
Wow, im missing the rotation a lot more than i thought then.

So ideally, i should sunder the boss when there are no sunders?
Also i think im not used to heroic strike dump yet. I get afraid to starve and get over rage. Then i try to dump as fast as possible and starve. i think thats something i could get better, but i dont think that it is the main problem why im missing the rotation.

another think i get confused is when slam procs and there's like 0.5 sec for my next bt/ww i panic and dunno what to hit (slam or ww/bt).

OH, almost forgot: do i need more ArP?

Thegreatme
11-12-2009, 11:35 AM
sundering will result in a personal DPS loss but depending on how many melee you have it will result in an overall raid DPS gain. If you are having major rage/rotation issues right now I would not suggest you try and keep a sunder stack rolling because it only adds one more thing you need to pay attention to and when you are still learning the spec that can be overwhelming. maybe see if you can convince one of your rogues to use expose armor until you are able to get your rotation down and start sundering. don't expect them to do it though unless you have some authority (IE you can get them sat from raids/ gkicked) because it is a pretty big personal DPS loss for them.

improper use of HS actually plays a very large part of most rotation issues. because of how much rage you use/don't gain by using HS it can be easy to rage starve your self and if you are rage starved you will not be able to use WW or BT the moment they come off cooldown and that can result in a major DPS loss.

you never want to delay the use of WW or BT, if this means you have to miss a bloodsurge proc then so be it, WW and BT both do much more damage than slam and using them the moment they come off cooldown is very important.

MellvarTank
11-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Usually if you are in a raid and there are no boss sunders, use sunder armor in your GCD's between BT and WW. I also throw in a Demo shout and (if needed) a battle shout as long as there is no other warrior's in the group already doing it. The DPS gain (long term) is totally worth the short term burst DPS loss.

Also, I've found that sometimes you have to not be afraid to do nothing between your BT and WW if you don't have the rage. Just hang tight, wait for the cooldown, then you'll have plenty of rage. It takes a while to get used to, but in the long run it is more beneficial for you to do that over miss a BT/WW/Slam Proc because you have no rage.