PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready?

Akke
11-12-2009, 02:14 AM
So I started my tank alt in an attempt to try something different. As I got more and more into it I realized that I enjoy tanking far more than I enjoy playing my DPS/Healing Shaman. Now, I have researched quite a bit about Warriors so I feel I have a very good idea about what to do, I am just wondering if I am ready to take the next step and ask to change my main.

I am wanting to do this soon, before ICC, so any tips on anything is appreciated.

All of my gear pieces I have collected without the help of my guild (Lots of Pugs), and I feel I am at a good point to step up and actually tank for my guild. My guilds progression is not in ToGC25 yet, so I am not too far behind in that sense.

As far as piece upgrades go, I know pretty much all of my current upgrades are found in ToGC10, and I am trying to get in there as much as possible. The other upgrade I am grabbing very very soon is the Glyph of Indomitably, which I would replace with Onyx/Brewfest trinket for certain fights.

Again anything is helpful so please don't hesitate to point out anything at all.

My Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Echo+Isles&n=Solemn)

Athenodorus
11-12-2009, 08:49 AM
You are probably better geared than I am. ;) You're right that the Glyph is an upgrade, but I'd say your gear is excellent to tank ToC and probably good enough for ToGC10. You're ok buildwise as well; whether you're more comfortable running a Deep Wounds centric or pure survival centric build is entirely up to your and your raid makeup.

Akke
11-12-2009, 09:10 AM
You are probably better geared than I am. ;) You're right that the Glyph is an upgrade, but I'd say your gear is excellent to tank ToC and probably good enough for ToGC10. You're ok buildwise as well; whether you're more comfortable running a Deep Wounds centric or pure survival centric build is entirely up to your and your raid makeup.

Thanks for the reply.

My spec changes depending on my situation. Since I have no intention of ever DPSing on this Tank, (I have a Shaman I can DPS with) I have two sepperate tank specs.

The first I use for a more Single Target situation (Tanking a boss, or just soloing), which includes the Deep Wounds because in the Single Target situation I challenge myself to push out as much DPS as possible (Really no reason not to if I am just sitting on the boss) and Deep Wounds is required to put out the highest damage possible.

The other I use for more AoE type things. Lord Jaxx, Adds on Anub, Onyxia, etc.

I will change each spec depending on what I really need (Tossing in a Glyph of Taunt maybe) if the situation needs it.