PDA

View Full Version : Fury warrior needing any advice possible

Doppler
11-11-2009, 07:49 PM
So, here i am posting on tankspot for the first time. For all the years i've been playing wow, i've been prot. Since lvl 10. And im pretty good at it, my prot gear is very decent (mostly togc 10 and toc 25) and i've been maintaking so far. Well, recently my guild has got a plentora of tanks, and as there were (and still there are) none warrior dps, my guild leader asked if i would like to make a respec. I thought about it and why not? Im plenty geared for tanking when icecrown comes out anyway, and able to tank any content (except togc 25 which my guild does not run) so i thought it would be a good opportunity to see the other side of my class. For days i studied the basics (and still, i think i know only the basics), got some togc10 gear, some toc 25 gear, but have beem removed from the main group (where i was tanking) because i simply do not put much dps. Sure, i can put 6k if there are 2 boss (twin valkyrs, or any add situation), but for single target i barely hit the 4.2-4.5k. I know my weapons sux atm, but i have not been lucky with the drops (really, nothing better have dropped and we're farming ulduar 10 hard, toc 10/25, ony 10/25 etc.)

i dunno if i have the right gems, yeah, i will replace the expertise enchant on my gloves, and currently i do:
ww > bt > gcd(slam or heroic strike, depends on proc/rage) Bt > ww > repeat.

at 20% i replace heroic strike for Execute

i always burn out my cooldowns together (orc racial + recklesness + deathwish)

Any thoughts at all in which i should change (i know about the weapons), trinkets/gems/enchants or any tips on how i can improve myself, will be much appreciated.

my current armory link is
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Warsong&n=Doppler)
(armory may be outdated, i got the anub 25 plate dps boots today and put tuskar vitality + 20 str)

tl;dr : warrior recently changed to fury having dps problems. Discuss anything i might be doing/having wrong.

Kazeyonoma
11-12-2009, 11:35 AM
probably better off in the hALP forums due to your armory link.

Moved.

MellvarTank
11-12-2009, 02:12 PM
All I can see is a whole lot of crit/str gems that I think would be more beneficial as pure strength gems. Other than that I would lose the glyph of execute and go with cleaving.

The cap in 3.2 to execute really kinda ruined the ability, so I would recommend trying to stick with your regular rotation on a boss without switching to execute @ 20%. See which one does more damage (I'm not sure I haven't done the math yet).

I would also recommend an audible alert for slam procs just to be sure that you are hitting them, make sure you manage your rage right and it should all be good. You are well over expertise cap, so that is a non issue, same with hit... and the spec looks good except for those points in parry, I might take 2 out and put those in iron will/stances, just because I see those having a bit more utility.