PDA

View Full Version : Arms dps feels low

shishkabob87
11-11-2009, 02:24 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=The+Scryers&n=Parandel)

I just recently switched from Fury to Arms and last night was my first run in a 25 man ToC. I was able to only maximize my dps at about 4.5-4.8k on any given fight(and that's pathetic for twin valks, imo) with my current gear, etc I feel like I should be able to easily hit 5.5-6k without too much of a struggle. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong..I know the rotation so wondering if there is something else that I am missing?

And in fury with this gear I was hitting 5k consistently if not a little bit better, when I first tested out the switch on the test dummy I was able to get a little bit better dps in arms than with fury but in the 25 man runs, fury has been better for me that I've noticed..so any suggestions would be appreciated

Destruyen
11-11-2009, 02:33 PM
change your spec to drop the 2 points in imp. execute to 2 points in weapon mastery. that will put you at the expertise cap. regem all your gear to arp, you have 40% arp from gear, which is over the point where arp is your best stat for arms. leave 2 purple gems for meta activation. try to switch some gear around to knock your hit down some, 263 is the hit cap. and take cleave out, its very situational as arms to use cleave, its better to bring 5/5 imp shouts or 5/5 imp demo for raid utility than to boost a very situational ability.

Muffin Man
11-11-2009, 02:40 PM
You probably need some practice, since your gear should support higher dps.

You do have a spec issue though. For 18 expertise you really need to move those 2 points in Improved Execute over to Weapon Mastery (this will dodge cap you). You can start moving points back as you get more expertise.

Next, Cleave is really not useful as arms. You probably noticed already that you often can't use HS or Cleave. So swap 3 points in Imp Cleave over to Commanding Presence.

Edit: Beat by Destruyen!

shishkabob87
11-11-2009, 03:14 PM
Just updated gear, talents, etc...I know the hit is still outrageous but until I get into my 10 man group and get a new trinket later tonight or I'll have to wait til 25 mans roll around later this week...but either way..let me know what you guys think

Destruyen
11-11-2009, 04:19 PM
you can replace that exp/stam gem in your chest with arp/stam since you still have 18 expertise rating above cap (114 exp. rating/18 expertise is cap with wep mastery). that will still keep your meta working and keep that bonus.

SixStringsXD
11-11-2009, 09:22 PM
You need to get yourself to expertise cap asap - hit you need to lower a bit. Also for arms without having an armor pen trinket, that needs to come up a bit.

Your crit could also be a bit higher, do not be afraid to get a ring with agi, etc. I use an agility ring and the heroic Anguish which is agility. I only sit at about 4000 ap unbuffed but I also have 38% crit unbuffed with 75% armor pen and I found it is pretty significant.