PDA

View Full Version : Something doesnt feel right.

Vash1224
11-11-2009, 10:49 AM
Between last week and this week, i've been noticing ony/anub have been hitting me a lot harder than normal. healers have mentioned that i've feel alot squishier than before, and the only change in gear i've had was a trinket, from the black heart from 5 man regular toc, to the 245 stam trinket from 25man toc from faction champs. I'm thinking its boss parries, but i'm at 33 expertise, should i look into getting more to tone down the boss parrying me? Also, i havent been able to find when DR starts kicking in with dodge/parry. Fully raid buffed, i have 29.45% dodge and 23.22 parry.

Any suggestions?

~Vash

Bashal
11-11-2009, 11:03 AM
For DR, it doesn't "kick in". It's a gradual thing; each point of parry or dodge rating does less for you than the previous point. This depreciation occurs faster with parry than it does dodge.

If the only change you've made is a single trinket, try switching back to the old trinket and see if that resolves the issue.

Griff
11-11-2009, 12:08 PM
Its probably not boss parries. At least some of the ToC bosses are flagged to not parry haste.

Remember, black heart procs (frequently) for ~7k bonus armor, which equates to between 5-7% less physical damage from baddies so yeah, you picked up about 700 health but you're getting hit harder now overall. Black heart is a very strong trinket, despite its i-level.

Valalvax
11-11-2009, 12:23 PM
I wish they would make a Black Heart 2.0 that has a higher iLvl, I don't care if the stats are the exact same... getting called a scrub by... a scrub... is stupid

Griff
11-11-2009, 04:40 PM
What do you care what some clueless hunter stacking spell power or DK with mp5 gems in his sockets says? Tell her to find a new tank if she doesn't like your gear. You can't throw a rock without hitting a dps eager to join a group.

Fledern
11-11-2009, 04:53 PM
...Remember, black heart procs (frequently) .....

My experience has been that it doesnt proc all that much. Yes you see the thing light up frequently, but if you go back & examine logs you'll see the armor bonus uptime is surprisingly low.

In short, you made a correct switch. I'm guessing it's healer perception of not seeing the light atop your head.

Fayre
11-11-2009, 04:59 PM
It seems unlikely that a trinket change will really have that much impact. Are you sure there are no changes in raid composition that would account for it? Disc priest one week and not the next, for example?