PDA

View Full Version : need some help here

Skanky
11-10-2009, 11:53 PM
im a fresh druid tank, just switched from boomkin to feral after saveing up gear for a couple weeks

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Burning+Legion&n=Skanky)

i have trouble keeping agro on stuff, i do fine tanking but, it always seems like people are pulling agro

is there a good combo to keep agro? do i need a better hit rating?

makkaveli
11-11-2009, 03:21 AM
i cant advise much on gear or spec for a druid but id say if ur having problems then ask for a 3 second head start to build some threat. When i was having threat problems before my skull died i switched to cross and start killing that to build threat before the dps swtich over. The threat i built on the skull at first was even for the dps to not over aggro for the last spank.

hope that helps temportarily

Komatist
11-11-2009, 03:29 AM
What are you tanking? HC's, raids or just normal dungeons at the moment? I think your Idol might need a solid upgrade, and I am sure there drops a better staff in either VH heroic or H ToC5.

Can you maybe elaborate a bit on your rotation a bit?

geros
11-11-2009, 06:02 AM
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f200/40502-wotlk-feral-druid-guide.html

That link will outline talent specs and the optimal rotation. You need 2 points in primal precision as you are hurting on expertise.

Fenier
11-11-2009, 06:54 AM
Spec:

Drop 2 Points Furor, get Primal Percision.

Glyphs:

Still using Balance Glyphs, Try Maul, Frienized Regen, Growl or Survival Instincts. Minors should include Thorns and Challenging Roar.

Gear:

Helm: No Enchant
Shoulders: No Enchant, no Gem
Cloak: Resto Cloak
Belt: Missing Buckle / Gem
Rings: Not Enchanted, You're an Enchanter, chant for Stamina.
Legs: Armory acting up, think I saw no Leg enchant, can't confirm.
Trinkets: Replace Offering of Sacrifice. Try Essence of Gossamer from Heroic AN
Idol: Is Green, replace with Conquest Idol.
Weapon: No Enchant, enchant for Mongoose, consider Marrowstrike from HToC

Replace most of your slots to Conquest or better items. You can upgrade at minimum, Legs, Chest, Helm, Neck, Cloak, and Idol from Conquest / Valor marks.

Your dodge is a bit low, consider changing red sockets to Shifting.

You are currently missing about 3% in Expertise and Hit. The upgrades will put you over hit cap, can change the glove enchant to agi. The talent changes will put you at 26 expertise.

If you are still having issues after that, it's your rotation.

Skanky
11-11-2009, 10:50 AM
yeah mainly trying to tank heroic right now, thanks for the advice

lol i cant believe i forgot to do 30 stam to rings

kk trying this all out :)

felhoof
11-11-2009, 10:56 AM
If you're doing heroics, this is all you need to do ever. Here's a macro that will solve almost 95% of your problems:

/cast swipe
/cast !maul

That's it.

You press that over and over and over.

That's all you do.