PDA

View Full Version : Threat Per Second and Gear

Hvitserk
11-10-2009, 11:47 PM
So after a lot of hard work on my warrior I have come up with a decent set of gear.

WoW Heroes - World of Warcraft PvE character info & ratings (http://wow-heroes.com/index.php?zone=us&server=Durotan&name=hvitserk)

Stilling def capped and almsot 33k unbuffed. Now then in this gear im pushing out 5-7k depending on crits and such threat per second. Is that about right for my gear or should it be higher? What can i do to push my threat higher because some guildies of mine are pushing my threat hard (mainly the warlocks) in 10 man uldaur.

luv2tank
11-10-2009, 11:56 PM
threat sounds fine, warlocks should soulshatter and you should vigilance them. Sometimes i click around and put vig on ppl during the fight. I call out who needs to drop aggro or chill for a second.

Hvitserk
11-11-2009, 01:21 AM
What about my spec and glyphs are they sound?

luv2tank
11-11-2009, 08:18 AM
well, thats up to you, if you are pullling what you say you are then that should be fine. My spec is set up a little different, however its just what i like and prefer to have atm. I think you will see more threat from glyph of devastate vs glyph of revenge. I like to have imp disciplines and i glyph my shield wall and last stand for 2min cd's on both. Again, these are just preferences....my gear level and raiding style may be much different than yours. Not sure why, but i dont feel like pts in cruelty is a major difference-i think impale and deep wounds are much more beneficial for threat(i dont have the numbers to back this up). Also, a few things-you dont have pts in vigilance or concussion blow-if you want more threat you should think about adding these. Vigilance can up you about 10% from your targeted person and concussion blow causes high amounts of threat/damage and provides an extra stun. I also dont find damage shield useful in my spec-mostly b/c I have very low SBV and it doesnt have great uptime for me to deem it useful in my normal spec.

Just click my pop down on my characters and check out my armory-

Reev
11-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Yeah, vigilance, soul shatter, and hand of salvation are there for a reason. Your threat sounds good. Your warlocks just need to learn to manage their threat better from the sound of it, whether with your help from Vigilance, from their own with soul shatter, or for calling out to the paladins when they need a Salv.

Hvitserk
11-11-2009, 02:58 PM
I just changed my spec this morning. I didnt pick up CB or Vigil. because i was trying a more crit based spec and dont like deep wounds as a prot since its based off weapon dmg thus its semi low. Glyph of Dev. seems to have more burst threat but i dont have a problem with burst its over all threat that is the issue so i figure rage management might give me more threat.

This is just a spec I am testing tonight in ulduar and ganna see how things go.

luv2tank
11-12-2009, 01:53 AM
well im sure it will be fine, however if you want to max it out i think bare minimum get vigilance. You are talking 10% additional threat from whom ever you deem most likely to top the tps meters. Sure you may not need it, but put it like this.... Its like you are just holding yourself back from a major threat buff. In addition to that your dps dont even need to watch aggro anymore, meaning they can just murder the boss full time instead of watching omen and hoping they dont crit too high b/c it will pull the boss. Lastly, its 1 pt-you saying 1% crit CHANCE will out weigh guaranteed 10% threat from your highest dps?

As for concussion blow-this is more for initial threat-mine do anywhere from 4k to 6k a hit, yes its on a cooldown-but its something else to spam and its only one pt to get it.

Also, with glyph of dev you can spam devastate much more often for additional threat. Not sure why you see it as burst damage, 100% uptime(provided rage is there), low cost of rage. Its not like you charge + devastate and you get 5k tps. I have literally sat in a boss fight and spammed dev + heroic stike and had 7k tps the entire fight.