PDA

View Full Version : improving my arms dps

deathdoll
11-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Switched to an incite build hoping to perform better. Not sure if I need more heroic strikes or just better use of slam. I never can get a feel for when to HS at 70 plus rage without watching my rage bar but that is not practical in a raid environment.

Armory
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dunemaul&n=Deathdoll)
at 89% percent ArP with Grim Toll procs

hard mode beasts
WoW Meter Online - Combatlog Replay (http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat/detail/255755947#damageout)

Would like to put up better numbers but not sure what to fix. I am putting out between 4.5 and 4.8 k dps but can't crack the the top ten on meters. I am also a clicker and think this is holding me back. I tried binding HS to my mouse thumb button but that didn't work out well. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

woodyman
11-11-2009, 03:06 AM
Hiya first of all id scrap the incite build as its wasted talent points IMO

also grab the mortal strike glyph and dithc Heroic strike

all i use for my arms rotatrion is.

charge>rend>mortal>slam>overpower>execute

Always execute when sudden death procs
and always overpower when that procs
always let rend roll off before renewing

and obviously throwing in bladestorm when you feel the need :)

i have 3000ap
32% crit
35%Arp
and im hittin 2.8k dps with this setup

Destruyen
11-11-2009, 04:05 PM
the incite build is a situational spec i think. i've tried it out (with the t9 4-pc bonus even) and i didnt do anymore dps than i usually did. now, if there is a very aoe/raid dmg fight or a damage increasing buff in a fight where you can get a higher than normal rage intake to get hs usage up, then incite is a small dps gain. is it worth it? i dont think so.

changing out the mortal strike glyph (an arms warrior's most used ability outside of execute phase) and losing that 10% extra damage for the hs glyph isn't the right way to go about it i dont think.

im curious as to why you use str gems when you are sitting at 35% arp from gear. thats the point where arp is greater than strength for arms. you said yourself you only have 89% with grim toll proc. at least get 11% more. and realize that your trinket wont be up all the time (~20% uptime), and during those times thats its not procced, arp is better than str. so you should either gem enough to get you 100% with a proc, or go all in and just sacrifice (waste) some arp when grim toll procs.