PDA

View Full Version : Need a bit of constructive advice

Ankhesanemun
11-10-2009, 05:19 PM
Hi there,

I have limited time playing wow and prity much hammer everything i can when i get on, the usual farm all 13HC's in one go. Well i have been 80 @ 2days played now. Tanking everything fine by my self now.

On occasion some one has said that i dont have enough avoidance etc taking too much damage. As it stands at the moment Im unable to raid because its hard to get into raids because every one wants Acheivments.

I havent had any problems and little wipes in hc's etc The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Trollbane&n=ankhesanemun)

Any advise will be great! Thanks

Rominoodle
11-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Well...you do have plenty of defense, so you are uncrittable which is a plus. Your avoidance isn't horrible, but you definately need to up your gear a bit. You are using the Tundra Pauldrons...which correct me if I am wrong...were a quest reward from regular Nexus...those need to be replaced. You get similar shoulders (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=44373)from a quest inside Halls of Stone, or keep running H ToC to get the Regal Shoulders (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47514). Upgrade to the T8 helm once you get enough badges, it is better then your current one. Your boots, pants, belt and legs are all from regular ToC which isn't horrible, but item level 200 so those could use upgrades, all of which can be bought with badges. I believe H ToC also has an upgrade for your blue ring...no defense, but a socket, and more dodge which you could use.

I'm not the best person with gemming, I stack stamina once I have activated my meta because I am defense capped and hit capped already...maybe somebody else can comment on your gems.

As far as your spec and your glyphs goes...could use a little work. First: ditch the 5 points into Seals of the Pure. It's decent but not worth wasting points into. Once you get the t8 2 piece bonus you get +10% damage to those seals anyways. The 5 points in divinity shouldn't be necessary either once you get some nice gear. If healers are complaining that you are hard to heal though it might be worth keeping for now. 2 points into spiritual attunement is really not necessary...I personaly only have 1 point into it, and using blessing / judgement of wisdom in heroics, and in raids the +1 into SA is more then enough. I would drop your points from might and put 1 into Benediction (ret tree always has 1 useless talent for tank specs) and use your extras to put into vindication, and possibly pursuit of justice for the reduced disarm duration. If you end up losing Divinity, i'd put points into Conviction until you unlock crusade, and then stack 3 into crusade.

Improved judgement only requires 1 talent point so you can effectively roll your 9/6/9 rotation...which brings me to the next point. Glyph of Consecration = Terribad for tanks. Sounds ideal because you get an extra tick or 2 with the dot, but it messes up your timing for the tanking rotation. Drop that and pick up glyph of Divine Plea, or Seal of Vengeance. Glyph of DP gives you an additional 3% damage reduction while it's up, and SoV Glyph grants you 10 expertise while it's active (more so for raids for me) Look up threads for the 969 pally rotation to see what I'm talking about if you don't use it already.